"Stand Up And Fight", the new video from Finnish metallers Turisas, can be viewed at this location. The clip was filmed on February 7 in the California desert with director Iain Sclater.

"Stand Up And Fight" is the title track of the band's third album, which was released on February 21, 2011 in Europe (on March 8 in North America) via Century Media Records.

[Also thanks to *!* for the news!]

Source: centurymedia.com
Band profile: Turisas

Posted: 20.04.2011 by Kriegsphilosoph

Comments

AngelofDeth - 20.04.2011 at 23:33
Pretty sick. Its nice to have a legit Turisas video. But i think it woulda been cooler to shoot in the forest or at a castle or some shit idk..
AngelofDeth - 20.04.2011 at 23:35
Some rain or an actual fight woulda been good to throw in there too...
Metalmorphosis - 20.04.2011 at 23:57
The song kicks ass, but the video was way off in my opinion. When hearing the song, I always pictured some angry vikings charging into battle. But what we get are dudes riding in a buggy until they find a girl... oh, and a spider. It would have been better if it was just them playing/singing. But what the hell, the song and the album still are amazing.
Doc Godin - 21.04.2011 at 00:10
The mediocrity of the video properly reflects the album...So good job...I guess.
WorpeX - 21.04.2011 at 00:24
Why wasn't Netta Skog wearing face paint? :/
moe5512 - 21.04.2011 at 00:41
I think it's good that folk metal band can make "modern" videos, a bit ironic tough that they have warpaint while driving a car
Marcus - 21.04.2011 at 02:46
I just love how there are lines about pouring rain while he's singing in the middle of a desert.
MétalNoir - 21.04.2011 at 03:23
I know having a chick in your video sales, but wtf there isn't even accordion in that song! She just stands there, showing her nice suit off... ridiculous. But the video is ok, though I agree "The pouring rain sticks my hair to my face" sounds weird in a desert. It's not the rain, man, it's the blood covering your entire body
wormdrink414 - 21.04.2011 at 07:56
Wowowee. Original. The desert landscape really captures their vikingness.
LeChron James - 21.04.2011 at 08:48
That video was awful. At least Rhapsody (of Fire) had tits in their terrible videos.
ndawkn - 21.04.2011 at 17:15
Written by LeChron James on 21.04.2011 at 08:48

Sea of Fate is so far the most boring video I've seen.

This one was quite a disappointment as well though..
The Shape 1973 - 21.04.2011 at 20:52
Got to be my favourite song of the year so far, but what a boring video. Nothing really happens. They drive around a bit, find a girl sitting down, see a spider, see some old people with beards, then wander off.

It should have been a real viking battle song, loads of fighting and drinking, swords, axes and horny helmets.
worm_is_gloaming - 21.04.2011 at 22:15
"Mad Max" anyone? Looks like they were aiming for an all-out post-apocalyptic 'Beyond Thunderdome' vibe, but couldn't decide whether they wanted to show themselves off lip-synching (not too well) to the song or to tell a story.

In a video already over the top, why not go all out and show more of the "bandmembers-characters" and their rabble of survivors prowling across the wasteland and racing around with drawn weapons in that *combat vehicle* or whatever? Instead we get fragmented 0.5 second snapshots of what COULD have been a visually interesting song sub-plot, and the rest of the clip is a sloppy edit of the band live... Notably, mostly of the singer, the drummer, and the fiddler, as if to cover up for other bandmembers' lack of swagger. Or is their costume not impressive enough for the clip?..

Speaking of costume... Chickification of Netta Skog's image is a fail. What's a glammed-up Hot Topic-mall pin-up doing wielding that heavy accordion among postmodern viking steampunks is a mystery I'd very much like to know the answer to.
Sword_Chant - 22.04.2011 at 13:36
I'm not one for watching music videos cause they normally suck...compared to the music anyway. I'll give this one a try sometime though.
Marcus - 22.04.2011 at 19:05
Written by LeChron James on 21.04.2011 at 08:48

You bastard, I watched Sea of Fate expecting tits and instead got five minutes of limbo. Damn you!
LeChron James - 23.04.2011 at 06:05
Written by Marcus on 22.04.2011 at 19:05

Hey it was the person that quoted me that said Sea of Fate was a bad video not me hahaha. I was talking about Rain of a Thousand Flames hahahaha. that's hella funny.

News Children Of Bodom - New Video Posted Online 5.5 12.09.2008 by juanopereira