Guitarist Jeff Loomis and drummer Van Williams have announced their departure from Seattle-based progressive thrashers Nevermore. The following announcement was posted on the band's Myspace page:

"In a mutual decision Jeff Loomis and Van Williams have decided to leave Nevermore. The time has come to pursue our own paths from the group. Due to internal struggles and ongoing issues within the band, we feel it is our time to move on. We would like to thank all of our fans around the world for their years of love, support and enthusiasm. This was not an easy decision but a very necessary one at this point, may we all meet again someday, somewhere in time."

Loomis and Williams had been with Nevermore since the band's first album, the self-titled Nevermore from 1995. Nevermore recently announced that they would be cancelling their planned tour with Symphony X. No information regarding additional confirmed tour dates is known at this time.

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: Nevermore

Posted: 21.04.2011 by Collin

Comments

‹‹ Back to the News Pages: [1] 2

Darkside Momo - 21.04.2011 at 21:48
Shit. The band is as good as dead. A shame.

Thankfully I saw them twice before!
!J.O.O.E.! - 21.04.2011 at 21:48
And they ended on a downer of an album as well. I guess the internal strife could explain the lacklustre nature of the recent record. Mega sad times though.
Enemy of Reality - 21.04.2011 at 21:51
I was going to see them for the first time in August...f**k!!!!!

And yes, their last album was by far, the weakest they've ever done. That might explain the departure of both Van and Jeff.
Forged Soul - 21.04.2011 at 21:51
This is the end of an era. Nevermore have long been one of my favorite bands, even as I've moved away a little from metal. They still remained in perpetual rotation on my ipod. Godless Endeavor is still a masterpiece of an album in my opinion. I hope Jeff and Van resurface soon as they are great musicians. I'm not a hundred percent surprised as I've heard rumors for a while, but it's a shame nonetheless.
Collin - 21.04.2011 at 21:51
And that's by far the worst news of the year. I hope Nevermore will just cease to exist now.
Valentin B - 21.04.2011 at 21:53
What the fuck? first KK leaves Priest, now Loomis (who pretty much defines Nevermore's sound) leaves his band. the guitarist from Jon Oliva's Pain's death was announced today too. what the hell is going on?

Rest in Peace Nevermore, 1991-2011.
MechanisT - 21.04.2011 at 21:54
Sad beyond words. Totally unexpected. What an unpleasant news, indeed. This blows.
Guess I should disband too...
RafaRata - 21.04.2011 at 21:56
Theres no Nevermore without Loomis.
Wyrd - 21.04.2011 at 21:59
Wow. This was unexpected. O.O
Zaphod - 21.04.2011 at 22:17
Oh fucking great, I got into this band almost a year ago, saw em live once (though it was on the co-headlining tour with Symphony-X) and now they fucking quit? I don't even know em long enough to have bought all their albums...
Darkside Momo - 21.04.2011 at 22:17
Written by Valentin B on 21.04.2011 at 21:53

Loomis (who pretty much defines Nevermore's sound)

Only half of the sound, the other one being Warrel Dane's unique voice
Written by Valentin B on 21.04.2011 at 21:53

Rest in Peace Nevermore, 1991-2011.

Agreed!
BloodTears - 21.04.2011 at 22:22
Worst news ever. On the year Nevermore was coming to Portugal and I was gonna see them live, this happens. How ironic.

One of my favourite bands falls apart. I'm mourning...
bluegreengod - 21.04.2011 at 22:28
I've seen nevermore live a bunch of times, but never got into them. Loomis and Williams are pretty damn good though so hopefully they'll do something worthwhile.
MechanisT - 21.04.2011 at 22:30
I guess I'm so devastated by it all that I'll say something here again, in short:
Nevermore, you're one of the most awesome bands I've ever had the pleasure to listen to. I'll always remember you guys in high spirits because of your great music, above all. Finally, in short, thanks for everything!
God, my heart still feels heavy...
MetalSpider - 21.04.2011 at 22:36
Noooooooooooooo!!!

And I didn't get to see them live because they cancelled.

Without Loomis and Van...it just won't be the same. Even with the mighty Warrell Dane its just wont be the same.

Truly a shame!
bazinko - 21.04.2011 at 22:38
What the hell? This is indeed terrible! And it's presented as if Nevermore could POSSIBLY go on without them... So weird. I miss you Nevermore.
Bad English - 21.04.2011 at 22:39
...end of the band ...
corrupt - 21.04.2011 at 22:55
Holy Shit!

This is the worst news I've ever received in metal. One of my absolute favorite bands, the one I never grew tired of seeing live and one with the most iconic musicians of all time just fell apart on me. This is not an easy one to recover from. I cannot express how sad I feel about this.
Baz Anderson - 21.04.2011 at 23:04
Pretty bad news...
Rog-Mothoth - 21.04.2011 at 23:24
Well Mike Portanoy can have another band to be in now....
But in all seriousness this sucks and i hope this trend of importaint band members leaving their bands ends and dosent get worse
GuilhermeHenrique - 21.04.2011 at 23:28
Maybe at least we can have Sanctuary back, maybe...

thats sad
Necrodamus - 21.04.2011 at 23:31
Damn, I was really looking forward to seeing them this month. Ah well, I wish em luck elsewhere...
Carrion Misery - 21.04.2011 at 23:31
Damn.. felt this coming. Terrible. Might as well not go on if you aren't enjoying it.
Amatsu Mikaboshi - 21.04.2011 at 23:41
Oh shit. Shit. Shit. I only just happened to put on Dead Heart In A Dead World at full blast only to later see this. I really don't know what to say....
*!* - 21.04.2011 at 23:47
WTF!!!!!!!
Dangerboner - 22.04.2011 at 00:05
Coming down so hard right now. maybe chris broderick will rejoin while staying in megadeth?
Thryce - 22.04.2011 at 00:06
Saw it coming. This band is done for.
Vegard R - 22.04.2011 at 00:12
Judas Priest and Nevermore are the two bands that are closest to my heart. Judas Priest got me into metal 5-6 years ago, and I've heard all of their albums probably more than 300 times. Nevermore have been my favorite band the last two years. In two days, both of them have almost fallen apart. This two days is the days that represent the death of music for me. I will get over it, but right now I'm just sad.
wormdrink414 - 22.04.2011 at 00:21
Loomis will go on to do better things. Dane will... uh... I can see him taking up gardening for some reason.
ruffio - 22.04.2011 at 00:22
I wonder what this means for newly reformed Sanctuary...
LoudBoy26 - 22.04.2011 at 00:27
This Is Great News . This Band Sucks For The Most Part Anyway. They Can Do Better!
Swietowit11 - 22.04.2011 at 00:28
Damn, I was just musing about what they would be doing on their potential next album, and if we would have to wait another 5 years for it. It appears these questions got answered in the worst way possible.
psykometal - 22.04.2011 at 00:28
Ditto to all who saw and commented on this before me...
Maudraum - 22.04.2011 at 00:36
Just fucking great! I was supposed to see them again tomorrow night. Well, thanks a lot for the letdown! I bet you it has to do with ego, too. I've met these guys and as much as I think they're cool - and obviously gifted - they DO have some serious issues with ego. I also agree, they're done. No Loomis, no Nevermore. R.I.P. my once favorite band.
White Winter Sun - 22.04.2011 at 00:47
Pretty sad news. Jeff Loomis has incredibly and largely impacted the band's stuff.

Fortunately, I have seen them three times before this probable... end.
Daggon - 22.04.2011 at 00:48
Oh well, Jeff Loomis can continue with his solo career, same for Warrel Dane. I'm not a huge fan of Nevermore, but still wanted to see them playing live this year, without Jeff, it's going to be very different.
Vitriolic Hate - 22.04.2011 at 00:48
Written by Wyrd on 21.04.2011 at 21:59

Wow. This was unexpected. O.O

Totally , At least I saw them live...
BlueMobius - 22.04.2011 at 00:50
Haha, long day of work and now this news. When it rains, it poors. I hope the band just completely ends because Nevermore with out Loomis would just be wrong.
John Sandman - 22.04.2011 at 01:36
Nooooooooooooooooo!
I was going to see them in August...
First K.K. Downing leaves Judas Priest before I see them in July. And now this?...
Saeed_P - 22.04.2011 at 02:21
Unfortunately its the path of each band (When i saw this i remembered stephan hertrich's case again )
bard - 22.04.2011 at 02:22
I was looking forward to seeing them live for the first time earlier this year, and now they break apart. That's a pretty harsh let down. Curious what they'll do next besides solo stuff.
Timmeh - 22.04.2011 at 02:49
...Absolutely shocked... Pure sadness is all I'm feeling right now.
-Morbid- - 22.04.2011 at 03:01
Yeah because some guys leaving a band is worse news than band members dying.

I liked Nevermore a lot when I saw them live but could never really get into any of their albums I have. Even not being a huge fan of the band I could tell that Loomis was very important to their sound, so I don't imagine the future is bright for Nevermore without him.

Hopefully it means Loomis will work more on his solo stuff, I enjoyed Zero Order Phase more than any of the Nevermore albums I own.
RavenKing - 22.04.2011 at 03:04
Written by Darkside Momo on 21.04.2011 at 21:48

The band is as good as dead.

I think it pretty much summarizes this entire thread.
jpwiseguy - 22.04.2011 at 03:14
I'm tellin you people, it is the end of the world. First K.K. Downing leaves Judas Priest, now Jeff Loomis leaves Nevermore? FUCK! I mean, what the hell is going on around here? Did everyone smoke too much herb yesterday, just because it was 4/20 /facepalm
Thrashette - 22.04.2011 at 03:24
Such sad news
I am however looking forward to seeing what Jeff Loomis ends up doing... and what happens with the rest of the band.
btbamfan20 - 22.04.2011 at 03:26
WTF IS WITH ALL THE GUITARISTS LEAVING BANDS IN THE LAST WEEK!?!?!?!
This is the worst news of all, Nevermore is dead now.
I blame the singer and is pathetic mewing. Jeff's solo album was WAY better than his, so now i can look forward to another sick album by Loomis!
INÆRIS - 22.04.2011 at 03:33
Maybe next, Dave Mustaine's going to leave Megadeth. That would be laughable, but this just sucks. I hope Loomis Knows what he's doing.
X5452 - 22.04.2011 at 03:34
This basically means I saw their last gig in Amsterdam... EVER?!
thehondo - 22.04.2011 at 04:24
Holy...fuckin...SSHHHIIIIIIIIITT!!!! Its probably cuz of........Sanctuary! Nevermore is...Nevermore. I had my Enemies shirt on, gotta go change.

Pages: [1] 2

News Exhorder - Frontman And Guitarist Leave The Band 7 21.10.2011 by Baz Anderson
News Evocation - Guitarist And Drummer Leave The Band 7 10.12.2013 by Windrider
News The Haunted - Guitarist And Drummer Leave The Band 7 16.10.2012 by Mr. Doctor
News Mors Principium Est - Two Members Leave The Band 5.5 11.03.2011 by .:Nataras:.
News Sinister - Three Members Leave The Band 5.5 23.05.2011 by