Official press release

I.C.S Vortex officially announce his return to Borknagar. To mark this grand cooperation between Vintersorg and I.C.S Vortex, Inferno is announcing that Borknagar will headline the 2012 edition with both vocalist on stage.

Over the past months, there has been a wide array of rumors and speculations about I.C.S Vortex' involvement with Borknagar, so now it's time for us to bring this out from the dungeons and into the plains of clarity: Vortex is back as a permanent member of Borknagar. Vortex will handle the bass as well as doing vocals together with Vintersorg.

Inferno festival also announces that Borknagar is confirmed to next years edition, doing a rare concert with both these renowned singers on stage. You will also find the band signing autographs at this years Inferno (Saturday at 20:00) I.C.S Vortex was re- introduced to Borknagar in 2010 after a 10 year break with his participation on Universal as guest vocalist, and also stepped up to help out the band on a tour of South- America that was later canceled. After this the rumors and speculations have been many, and here is the confirmation that so many have hoped for.

I.C.S Vortex comments: "I am chuffed and proud to be part of the Borknagar universe once again. Hailing the dawn of a new era, I lionize their splendorous glare."

Øystein G. Brun comments: "Even though Mr. Vortex has been absent from the band for almost a decade due to other musical endeavors, he has always remained a good, loyal and supportive friend of the band. Personally, I have always had a feeling that our paths would cross again - and now they do. I would like to welcome Mr. Vortex back in the fold, and I am really exited to get another opus done with the strongest line-up Borknagar has ever had. Just imagine the musical potential having two of the best and most renowned vocalists in the scene in the same band. This is surely a huge step forward and another exciting chapter in the musical legacy of Borknagar - and I feel like a lucky bastard being part of this. The new album will surely knock your socks off and set some new standards in the world of metal!"

Lars A. Nedland comments: "Vortex and Vintersorg in the same band! Can you imagine the possibilities here? Can you imagine the choirs? The vocal duels? The sheer musical potential? Let me tell you: If you are a Borknagar fan, these are exciting times."

Vintersorg comments: "The Vortex has made a touchdown in the Borknagar camp again. It feels very inspiring just to think about starting to shape vocal lines with this in mind. Time to make some epic music!"

David Kinkade comments: "Nothing can describe the potent amount of excitement that has been flowing through my veins since this became a reality for Borknagar. Having 2 of the most talented, unique and well rounded singer/ musicians that I've ever known... now together in the same band. The creativity behind this effort is off the chart. Be ready. Limits don't exist."

Jens F. Ryland comments: "What more is there to say? I can now lean back and enjoy the ride!"

Borknagar recently signed a worldwide recording deal with Century Media Records and the new album is scheduled for an early 2012 release.

More details and information will be issued soon!

[Thanks to Wyrd and Troy Gallant for the tip!]

Source: centurymedia.com
Band profile: Borknagar

Posted: 24.04.2011 by White Winter Sun

Comments

Deinonychus - 24.04.2011 at 00:44
At least one good news for this week!
psykometal - 24.04.2011 at 00:55
Written by Deinonychus on 24.04.2011 at 00:44

At least one good news for this week!

You are not kidding there brother
shadowdragonfly1 - 24.04.2011 at 01:20
Wow, i just thought for a second that vintersorg would leave the band, but those 2 vocalists in 1 band!!! this is something i really want to hear
.Nemesis. - 24.04.2011 at 02:08
This is the best news I've gotten since, "Behemoth- Nergal Gives Leukemia the Finger,
Released from Hospital"!
Troy Killjoy - 24.04.2011 at 02:11
Technically thanks should go out to Wyrd, as I merely forwarded his post in Borknagar's thread.

Glad to hear he's ... chuffed ... and ... lionizes the band's splendorous glare.
Jiri - 24.04.2011 at 02:37
This should be interesting. Also, people seem to forget that Lars A. Nedlund is also a formadible vocalist and could certainly add something if he is allowed to. So there are 3 talented singers in one band. Whoa
White Winter Sun - 24.04.2011 at 03:09
Written by Troy Killjoy on 24.04.2011 at 02:11

Dedication edited
Damned-In-Black - 24.04.2011 at 08:13
Holy shit. That is awesome. I love Vintersorg's voice but always felt Vortex was the better fit for Borknagar. But, both of them? YES PLEASE.
corrupt - 24.04.2011 at 09:48
So it's not just "leave your band" week. But all cheer aside I hope that this doesn't mean the reunion of Arcturus will be postponed or cancelled.
And Jiri is right, they do have three awesome vocalists, including Nedland now. Hopefully they'll use all of this potential for the next album. Nedlands and Vortex' songs on Universal were the two best on the album.

I sure will miss Torgersens' bass though.
XV535Virago - 24.04.2011 at 09:55
Yes, that's great news, but i have one silly question: why Borknagar? What the heck was so wrong with Arcturus? Looks like Mr.Vortex forgot about that band (
K†ulu - 24.04.2011 at 12:08
Oh, he didn't die? Hmm, strange... that make the news column not so predictable any more.

Vortex: "I lionize their splendorous glare!"
Rest of the Band: "The power of the dragonflame will burn brighter than ever before!"
Aetherius - 24.04.2011 at 12:16
Sounds great
mastero87 - 24.04.2011 at 16:22
Written by XV535Virago on 24.04.2011 at 09:55

Don't worry there, Arcturus is also confirmed for next year's Inferno Fest, and Jens himself confirmed it in a comment on his blog that Vortex is the singer of Arcturus as well. It would only be easier then for them to tour together. That would be amazing!
@gent_-_orange - 24.04.2011 at 16:35
Great news.... cant wait for their next album now.
corrupt - 24.04.2011 at 16:37
Quote:
Don't worry there, Arcturus is also confirmed for next year's Inferno Fest

They already cancelled ProgPower without giving a reason. I wouldn't get my hopes up too high.
mastero87 - 24.04.2011 at 16:53
Quote:
Written by corrupt on 24.04.2011 at 16:37

Don't worry there, Arcturus is also confirmed for next year's Inferno Fest

Certainly. Though Inferno is in Oslo, it shouldn't be a problem anyway for Norwegian bands, and Vortex's gonna be on stage anyway with Borknagar, so hopefully it's not going to be up to him this time.
Vitriolic Hate - 24.04.2011 at 18:32
Cool news!
Unhealer - 24.04.2011 at 20:38
Awesome! I was pretty sure that we would never hear Vortex with Borknagar again after they canceled their South American Tour.

Hope they try again now ¬¬
Swietowit11 - 25.04.2011 at 03:16
Great news! Nedland's vocals should definitely make more appearances as well, though. I prefer his voice to both Vortex's and Vintersorg's.
Black Conundrum - 25.04.2011 at 07:06
Awesome news. Here is an uplifter from all the departure that's been happening recently.
.:Nataras:. - 25.04.2011 at 20:35
Good News!!!!!
XV535Virago - 26.04.2011 at 20:04
Written by mastero87 on 24.04.2011 at 16:22

I can barely wait to see that!!! ( Going to get drunk of happiness..)
Wyrd - 14.05.2011 at 07:03
Written by Troy Killjoy on 24.04.2011 at 02:11

This was HUGE news when I read it on Vortex's offical facebook. I was surprised I was the first to get wind of this.

News I.C.S Vortex - Announces Solo Album Details 9 24.12.2010 by Vitriolic Hate
News ICS Vortex - Signs Worldwide Deal With Century Media 9 24.05.2011 by Jiri
News Borknagar - Rejoined By I.C.S Vortex On Upcoming Tour 7.5 10.06.2010 by Uirapuru
News Suffocation - Drummer Mike Smith Parts Ways With The Band 5.5 03.03.2012 by AtrumHiberna
News King Crimson - Robert Fripp Announces Return Of The Band 5.5 25.09.2013 by mz