Official press release

"More than 4 years ago I joined Elis as their new singer. Our journey was very special to me, and I think that we found one another at a time when we really needed it the most. I gave my best to honor Sabine's legacy and nevertheless stay true to myself and open a new chapter together with the band. I am sorry to say that we have reached a point where this chapter now comes to an end. We had an amazing and exciting time and the guys really touched my heart. We made a great album in which I've put all of my heart and which means a lot to me. We sat together and talked long about everything, and we concluded that it is better to go separate ways from now on. I simply feel the need to devote myself to my own music, my aims and tasks, and the guys can not accompany me on that way because they have their own aims, ideas and expectations. I am sure that it's the right decision, because it is very important to me to dedicate myself to everything I do with full heart and soul. Now that I can not ensure this anymore I think it's only fair to say it freely. Elis will always have my full support and my friendship will guide them on their way. The guys have found a great new singer and so I am leaving with a good feeling, though I am very sad about the end of our time together.

I dearly want to thank all the Elis fans, who gave me such a warm welcome! I hope we will see each other again!

With all my best wishes,
Sandra"

Source: elis.li
Band profile: Elis

Posted: 12.05.2011 by RaquelSenra

Comments

dismaleuphony - 12.05.2011 at 04:10
I am certainly disappointed to see her leave But, she makes me curious what she'll be doing next, as I love her heavily personal touch to her singing And... of course now awaiting for the news of a new singer in Elis as well
Jiri - 12.05.2011 at 05:59
I will bet all of my Jiri money that the new singer is a woman!
Elodie Artour - 12.05.2011 at 14:43
Somehow, I've never managed to like Sandra's voice in Elis. Dunno, it may be all because of Sabine...

Anyway. I wish both Sandra and the band (as well as their new singer) success in the future!
Dark Seraphim - 12.05.2011 at 16:23
This is sad news, I really enjoyed Catharsis and thought Sandra's voice was great. I hope they can find consistency and not end up chopping and changing their singers every album. Best of luck to both parties. I, for one, will be looking forward to a new album as soon as possible.
Mother_North - 13.05.2011 at 01:02
Oh man I loved Elis' last album, I was expecting another one with Sandra and now she's leaving
ravendeath - 13.05.2011 at 01:28
In my opinion she did much better job back then with Dreams Of Sanity. Maybe they'll reform again?
albatros - 13.05.2011 at 03:40
I liked her work for Soulslide, but she never convinced me with Elis, not even live.

I'm very curious, what she'll do next.
Mother_North - 13.05.2011 at 21:04
Written by ravendeath on 13.05.2011 at 01:28

I loved Dreams of Sanity too!!

News ETHS - Singer Candice Clot Leaves The Band 7 19.09.2012 by RickArriaga
News Sirenia - Michael S. Krumins Leaves The Band 5.5 26.04.2011 by Danyael
News Blackguard - Guitarist Kim Gosselin Leaves The Band, Replacement Announced 5.5 17.06.2012 by AngelofDeth
News Dream Theater - Mike Portnoy Leaves The Band 5.5 09.09.2010 by farfaramir
News Circle Of Dead Children - Co-Founding Guitarist Leaves The Band 5.5 26.03.2011 by Troy Killjoy