Samples of all tracks appearing on US death metal pioneers Morbid Angel upcoming album, Illud Divinum Insanus, can now be heard over at Amazon.com.

Illud Divinum Insanus will be released on June 6th in Europe and June 7th in North America through Season Of Mist. More info about the album can be found here.

Source: swedenmetal.se
Band profile: Morbid Angel

Posted: 13.05.2011 by Kriegsphilosoph

Comments

!J.O.O.E.! - 13.05.2011 at 01:29
It's weird how interested I am in this album, I couldn't give a damn about the rest of their discography.

Haha, people are writing them off on Last.fm already.
BitterCOld - 13.05.2011 at 01:54
Understandably. the album will likely be a 7-8, and will have a flood of 10's from fanbois happy they put out anything and 5's from people who sandbagging it because it didn't live up to unearthly expectations.
Richard - 13.05.2011 at 03:14
It's certainly intriguing to hear some new music from Morbid Angel - one of my favourite bands - although obviously short little teasing snippets like these aren't enough to form much of an opinion. Hopefully this will be a great album though. Judging from these quick samples, the intro track, and 'Radikult', seemed kind of dodgy - but the other samples showed great promise IMO.
Unhealer - 13.05.2011 at 04:02
Awesome album cover
Never heard anything from this band. I think now is a good time.

Anyone that can tell me their best record in overall opinion?
StephenTheBoss - 13.05.2011 at 04:37
Written by Unhealer on 13.05.2011 at 04:02

Awesome album cover
Never heard anything from this band. I think now is a good time.

Anyone that can tell me their best record in overall opinion?

Hmm... well my personal favorite is probably Covenant, because of it's solid overall structure.....followed closely by Blessed are the Sick.....

If you like those then come's the more commercial sounding Domination........followed by Altars of Madness..

then their later albums like Gateway's to Annihilation, and Heretic....they sound a lot more heavier in terms of structure, a little bit more progressive and atmospheric in a way.

Never got into Formula's though :/
Richard - 13.05.2011 at 04:39
Written by Unhealer on 13.05.2011 at 04:02

Awesome album cover
Never heard anything from this band. I think now is a good time.

Anyone that can tell me their best record in overall opinion?

My all-time favourite is Blessed are the Sick. All of their studio albums are well worth listening to if you're after some quality Death Metal - but Blessed is probably a good starting point, besides being IMO their best.

This thread is about the new album though, and the Morbid Angel thread is probably the best place to discuss Morbid Angel in general: http://www.metalstorm.net/forum/topic.php?topic_id=58
StephenTheBoss - 13.05.2011 at 04:45
Written by Richard on 13.05.2011 at 04:39

Written by Unhealer on 13.05.2011 at 04:02

Awesome album cover
Never heard anything from this band. I think now is a good time.

Anyone that can tell me their best record in overall opinion?

Well that being said, my impression of the samples show a lot of potential, can't wait to hear the band's work after a mediocre last album....
Daydream Nation - 13.05.2011 at 05:20
I would definitely recommend listening to the discography in order. That's the best way to enter into the band, in my opinion. Covenant and Altars are my faves, though.
Huntteri - 13.05.2011 at 09:58
I'm sorry but the name of the second song made me laugh "too extreme!" c'mon,really?
John Shock - 13.05.2011 at 17:35
Written by Unhealer on 13.05.2011 at 04:02

Awesome album cover
Never heard anything from this band. I think now is a good time.

Anyone that can tell me their best record in overall opinion?

The first one! Believe me, that's pure shining gold if you hear it, it's older and it's called Altars of Madness and it's from 1989, hope ya like it!!!! peace
Void Eater - 14.05.2011 at 05:11
Written by Unhealer on 13.05.2011 at 04:02

Awesome album cover
Never heard anything from this band. I think now is a good time.

Anyone that can tell me their best record in overall opinion?

Altars of Madness, Altars of Madness, Altars of Madness...

Wait, you didn't hear me? I said Altars of Madness.

These samples are decent, as are the two released songs, but nothing more than that. Not as bad as some folks are saying though.
Metal Devil - 14.05.2011 at 13:15
I've listen only one song and have to say it's fuckin' good

News Morbid Angel - Tracks From New Remix Album Streaming Online 9 24.02.2012 by Valentin B
News Morbid Angel - Album Tracklist Revealed 7.5 05.04.2011 by psykometal
News Morbid Angel - Begin Recording New Album 7.5 24.06.2010 by Harlequin Devon
News Black Boned Angel - New Track Online, Announce Final Album Release 6 10.02.2013 by !J.O.O.E.!
News Dimmu Borgir - Album Samples Online 5.5 14.09.2010 by vezzy