"Around The World", a brand new song from Seattle metallers Queensrÿche, is available for free download from the band's Facebook page (You must "like" the page in order to gain access to the track).

"Around The World" comes off the band's forthcoming album, entitled Dedicated To Chaos, which will be released on June 28 in North America via Loud & Proud Records, a Roadrunner Records imprint focusing on established artists.

Dedicated To Chaos tracklist:

16. Big Noize

Source: https:
Band profile: Queensrÿche

Posted: 03.06.2011 by White Winter Sun

Comments

The Shape 1973 - 03.06.2011 at 22:07
Who wrote this song? Bono?

It saddens me to see what this once great band has become.
CHEF METALHEAD - 03.06.2011 at 23:15
Very Disappointed... It sounds like something that U2 would do.
ryche76 - 04.06.2011 at 20:05
As a massive Queensryche fan I have to admit it is extremely difficult to see what direction the band is taking at the moment. I have heard more samples from the album and it reminds me of "Hear In The Now Frontier", just a bunch of songs thrown together to make an album. I do agree the Halcyon Days are behind them when Chris left and the creative song writing disappeared, and they have never recovered. "Promised Land" was their last great album where everything sounded fantastic, but now who knows ?? I just hope their is one more great album in them before they break up, because they are a group of brilliant musicians.
strade - 05.06.2011 at 06:23
Good Queensryche died with Empire. Everything since has been between mediocre and terrible. Who supports this band anymore to greenlight each subsequent release?
godisdead - 05.06.2011 at 07:28
Promised land was great and Mindcrime 2 was pretty good. They have had a few good tracks through the years though (not fair that they are always dismissed) I just wish metal fans were more open-minded (not with queensryche but with other bands that change their sounds)
strade - 05.06.2011 at 20:32
I'm open-minded to change in a lot of bands, but I can't bring myself to like this.
Angelic Storm - 06.06.2011 at 11:29
Written by godisdead on 05.06.2011 at 07:28

Agreed about "Promised Land", I also thought there was some great stuff on "Hear In The Now Frontier", even if it was pretty patchy. Mindcrime 2 is the only thing Queensryche have done since Chris De Garmo left that has been good. Not as great as the first Mindcrime, but still a decent album.

I'm very open minded when it comes to metal (and music in general) but I just don't like this new Queensryche song. Okay its not terrible, but I expect an awful lot more from Queensryche. Its nothing to do with it being radio friendly or anything, as most of the stuff on "Empire" is radio friendly, and I love that album. And "Silent Lucidity" is one of my fave songs of all time. "Around The World" is just meh, for lack of a better term. lol I can only hope that the album has some great stuff on it, but going by the poor quality of most of their post-Chris era material, I certainly don't hold out much hope.

News Cormorant - New Song Online, First Releases Now Available For Free Download 10 24.09.2011 by Tornado Of Souls
News The Gathering - New Song Available For Free Download 10 16.05.2011 by Ivor
News Endstille - New Song Available For Free Download 10 28.04.2011 by
News Supreme Pain - New Song Available For Free Download 10 24.05.2011 by Skyum
News Rotting Christ - New Song Available For Free Download 10 18.12.2012 by StephenTheBoss