A new teaser for the upcoming Konami video game NeverDead has surfaced online and can be found below. The trailer features a sample of a brand-new Megadeth track, also called "Never Dead".

Megadeth are currently in the studio recording the follow-up to 2009's Endgame with producer Johnny K (Disturbed, Sevendust, Machine Head). The as-yet-untitled effort is scheduled for a release in late 2011 through Roadrunner Records.

Megadeth mainman Dave Mustaine said recently that the fans can expect the new album to be "more like Endgame, maybe sticking in that vein and going a little forward toward what I like." Dave Ellefson, speaking with UGO, told fans they could expect it to "be heavy, hooky, and have the trademarks you'd come to expect from us."

NeverDead is an upcoming video game for the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360, due later this year. Megadeth also provided the Duke Nukem 3D theme song back in 1998.

Source: youtube.com
Band profile: Megadeth

Posted: 05.06.2011 by Cynic Metalhead

Comments

LeChron James - 05.06.2011 at 13:34
Okay....so the song is alright, but the trailer is ABSOLUTELY ATROCIOUS. Seriously this game looks awful. It shoulda been released on the PS2 console a decade ago.

And for the record, the song for this game is better than the song recorded for Duke Nukem 3D.

Also, for the record, Megadeth shoulda recorded the song for Duke Nukem Forever now that it's being released. Fucking finally.
qlacs - 05.06.2011 at 15:06
Sounds similar to Countdown to Extinction to me.. which is great.. but still I'm waiting for a remarkable thrash album like Rust In Peace, Peace Sells or maybe So Far.
Lit. - 05.06.2011 at 18:08
Agreed that the game looks like shit, but the song is sweet. Kind of reminds me of My Creation.
Lit. - 05.06.2011 at 18:08
Written by LeChron James on 05.06.2011 at 13:34

Introspekrieg - 05.06.2011 at 18:34
The game has an interesting concept (anyone remember the Konami code?), I think the trailer was bad though, the graphics look better in screenshots here. Probably going to be a rental first, just to check out how much morbid zaniness there really is. As for the song, sounds like middle-of-the-road stuff for Megadeth.
Coolingsrock - 05.06.2011 at 20:14
New cd is going to be sweeet
Huntteri - 05.06.2011 at 20:31
Written by Lit. on 05.06.2011 at 18:08

Written by LeChron James on 05.06.2011 at 13:34

Death To Posers - 06.06.2011 at 01:57
Sounds sick, the game does look kindah Meh though...
AngelofDeth - 06.06.2011 at 04:15
I think megadetbh also made a song for one of the Gears of War games.
Fitlhy_Camel - 06.06.2011 at 09:20
Greatest band in the history of music!

Their six greatest:

1. Rust In Peace
2. United Abominations
3. Countdown To Extinction
4. So Far, So Good...So What?
5. The System Has Failed
6. Killing is My Businness..
Mindheist - 06.06.2011 at 20:34
Megadeth have contributed a lot to the metal scene. Too bad they have the worst vocalist in the history of the genre. The song sounds okay but I won't comment until I listen to it in its entirety with no scores or drones stuck to it.
Tsukaikatte - 06.06.2011 at 21:37
Written by Mindheist on 06.06.2011 at 20:34

you know I love the shit out of megadeth and daves vocals are perfect, even live. but i feel that same way about metallica, alot of stuff done for the genre but i hate the vocalist
Mindheist - 07.06.2011 at 00:08
Written by Tsukaikatte on 06.06.2011 at 21:37

Written by Mindheist on 06.06.2011 at 20:34

Sure thing . If chirping like a crone is to you "perfect" singing, then sure, Dave's vocals are perfect. Back in the day when your beloved self-proclaimed singer was still in Metallica, he wasn't the singer, now, was he ? But in the end of the day it's all a matter of taste, I respect your opinion of course, but I'd rather stick to listening to someone who's able to make clean vocals as well as harsh, screamed, growled vocals...Yeah, a chamaeleon if you'd like to put it that way. A crone Vs a chameleon, even comparing them to each other would be a crime against humanity. But sure whatever you say .

Back to topic, I'm really looking forward to hearing the original song, I hope they will redeem themselves with their upcoming albums. Good luck Megadeth !
SBGMetal - 07.06.2011 at 08:42
Written by SBGMetal on 07.06.2011 at 08:41

I believe dave has a cool unique voice... james on the other hand eh...

hope havin ellefson back brings back the old megadeth flair though
Tsukaikatte - 08.06.2011 at 09:25
Written by Mindheist on 07.06.2011 at 00:08

Written by Tsukaikatte on 06.06.2011 at 21:37

Written by Mindheist on 06.06.2011 at 20:34

lol... I love how on this place people just attack. It's my opinion, Im not saying anything bad about metallica, just not a fan of the singer.. and back to the topic, I cant wait for this album.. It's going to kick ass and it will be a good year for Metal.. And Im also a huge Trivium fan. So in case anybody else wants to get a few licks in go ahead.. ^_^

News Megadeth - Another New Song Available For Download Tonight 9 17.08.2009 by Daggon
News Megadeth - New Song Available For Download 9 08.07.2009 by Jeff