Progressive metallers Dream Theater have set A Dramatic Turn Of Events as the title of their eagerly awaited new album, due in early September through Roadrunner Records. The album track listing can be found below.

The album is currently being mixed by Andy Wallace (Sepultura, Avenged Sevenfold, Rage Against The Machine).

The album marks the first studio recording of new drummer, Mike Mangini.

A Dramatic Turn Of Events tracklist:

Band profile: Dream Theater

Posted: 08.06.2011 by Tetravirulence

Comments

Powerslavex - 08.06.2011 at 14:12
Soon we will find out how Mike Mangini will fit in DT
Yavanna - 08.06.2011 at 14:17
I am really curious about what will become of that. Dream Theater without Portnoy seemed to be impossible for me at the beggining, but now, I think that maybe they can make something great.
Pyramid God - 08.06.2011 at 14:26
I'm very excited for this one. I'm hoping it doesn't fall off with the loss of Mikey.
Zaphod - 08.06.2011 at 14:33
Sweet, I think the album title speaks for itself. Unlike many (or some, I don't know) of you, I'm rather excited about Mangini.
Yavanna - 08.06.2011 at 14:41
Written by Zaphod on 08.06.2011 at 14:33

Is not that that I think Mangini is not a good drummer, but I don't get so high expectations as you.
Aetherius - 08.06.2011 at 15:04
Im ready for this!
Metal_4Ever - 08.06.2011 at 15:09
Written by Yavanna on 08.06.2011 at 14:41

Written by Zaphod on 08.06.2011 at 14:33

Can not anyone be judged on Mangnin because any musician can change to Better or to worst.
Apothecary - 08.06.2011 at 15:37
Come on, it'd be different if they'd lost Mike, Labrie, and Petrucci. Amazing singer and amazing guitarist are still there. And it's not as if you can be a shit drummer and play with as legendary a band as Dream Theater anyway (maybe you can, we'll find out). All I'm saying is that the people acting like the band will fall apart without Mike kinda need to calm down.
Zaphod - 08.06.2011 at 15:44
Written by Yavanna on 08.06.2011 at 14:41

Written by Zaphod on 08.06.2011 at 14:33

I'm just really curious to see if he can bring his own personal touch to Dream Theater. I don't think there's any doubt about him being a good drummer, he's obviously very talented, they wouldn't have chosen Mangini if he wasn't capable of replacing Portnoy.
Fat & Sassy! - 08.06.2011 at 16:08
In light of the band's recent self-promoted drama (along with the help of Mike's attitude), this is such a lame album title. I mean ffs, it's not like a band has never lost a core member before. =_= Here's to hoping that they'll rekindle my interest in their music again though.
TemplarLS - 08.06.2011 at 18:21
I'm in tears! Dream Theater best band ever!
Silent_wolfer - 08.06.2011 at 20:08
Excllence news! Can't wait and help but wonder how they'll sound this time around.
btbamfan20 - 09.06.2011 at 02:29
Love the "In-your-face-Portnoy!" album title lmao...
ryche76 - 09.06.2011 at 02:39
I really hope they can do something different this time with Mike as drummer and with his influence. They're best album in the past 14 years has been "Train of Thought" and since then its all sounded the same. I would like to see them to strip back their sound like they did on "Falling into Infinity", be more intense but still be progressive.Here's hoping they can surprise me this time around so I can start listening to them again.
4look4rd - 09.06.2011 at 03:09
Written by Apothecary on 08.06.2011 at 15:37

I wish they had lost Labrie :<
Dark Blood - 09.06.2011 at 03:56
A fitting title indeed.

I'm very curious about this. Let's see how this turns out.
godisdead - 09.06.2011 at 04:12
Written by 4look4rd on 09.06.2011 at 03:09

Written by Apothecary on 08.06.2011 at 15:37

I wish they had lost Labrie :<

Im sick of people bitching about progressive metal singers.
Milena - 09.06.2011 at 08:15
Written by godisdead on 09.06.2011 at 04:12

Written by 4look4rd on 09.06.2011 at 03:09

Written by Apothecary on 08.06.2011 at 15:37

I wish they had lost Labrie :<

Im sick of people bitching about progressive metal singers.

+1.
I'm excited.
INÆRIS - 09.06.2011 at 09:07
Seems a bit pretentious, the title, and some track names, "Lost Not Forgotten"... but I know this will be a great and powerful release. I'm excited for it.
Warman - 10.06.2011 at 12:28
I just can't wait!
Ivor - 10.06.2011 at 16:20
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 08.06.2011 at 16:08

Truth be told, I think that drama was kind of interesting. I think it was interesting to see who were on the list, how and what they did. There might be something interesting. Change can be good, though, as I understand Mangini ain't much part of the writing process (yet).

I.
Glassmoon - 29.06.2011 at 14:58
For me, DT kinda went down when Kevin Moore left. Never again i heard deep and intimate prog moments as before.
It just turned to very well played metal band. They have their merits but, IMO, the magic was lost. So, my great and only expectation for this album is for them to make an album with more "soul" and less metallica/slayer/pantera.

News Dream Theater - New Album Details 10.5 13.03.2009 by MeloDeathViking
News Dream Theater - New Album E-Card Online 9 05.06.2007 by raynita
News Defiled - New Album Details Revealed 7 26.11.2010 by Black Conundrum
News Iron Maiden - Reveal New Album Title, N. American Tour With Dream Theater 7 04.03.2010 by Stalker
News Tiamat - New Album Details Revealed 7 23.02.2008 by Graveheart