Korn has been asked to record a theme song for the upcoming new Silent Hill game Silent Hill: Downpour. The eighth installment in the Silent Hill series will be published by Konami Digital Entertainment and developed by Vatra Games. Wiki tells me the game is scheduled to be released for the PlayStation 3 and the Xbox 360 in late 2011.

For some people this is apparently a huge deal. Some Silent Hill fans started an online petition, cleverly titled "Kornami", practically begging both companies to cancel the deal.

A Silent Hill: Downpour trailer for the game can be streamed below, while the petition can be signed over at this location.

Source: bloody-disgusting.com
Band profile: Korn

Posted: 13.06.2011 by Cynic Metalhead

Comments

AdamArmour - 13.06.2011 at 20:31
Ugh. Although they might surprise me, I simply don't see Korn's bass-heavy, nu-metal sound meshing well with Silent Hill's creepy, subtle atmosphere. Korn doesn't really do subtle.
Tranquillizer - 13.06.2011 at 20:38
I'm pretty sure that the people in Konami have way to much experience to let Korn ( out of every possible band ) to write a theme which would recur throughout the game. Probably going to write a track for ending credits and promotion purposes. Anything more would be foolish.
Unhealer - 13.06.2011 at 20:54
Agalloch's "To Drown" would really fit for Silent Hill.

In fact, It would be awesome if they were asked to make a song for SH.

Anyway, remember the main themes for previous SH games, they were all happy songs
HateSpark - 13.06.2011 at 21:17
Imo female vocals suits silent hill better , Silent Hill 3 has an awesome soundtrack
Kennoth - 13.06.2011 at 21:41
I wont play this so I wont care. But I think people should start bitching about it AFTER it's done. And they CAN make a creepy atmosphere, watch Queen of the Damned.
JD - 13.06.2011 at 22:19
Korn going down down dowwwwn
imspazzen - 13.06.2011 at 22:23
Someone should make a petition to remove the petition.

Ya know, just to be an asshole.
Fat & Sassy! - 13.06.2011 at 22:44
Written by imspazzen on 13.06.2011 at 22:23

Someone should make a petition to remove the petition.

Ya know, just to be an asshole.

Do it, and I'll sign it. XD

Nothing more appropriate than scaring people with awful music, amirite? And also, I can totally seeing them using a Korn song as a reoccurring theme. I mean, has anyone played Silent Hill 3? That awful song alt. rock with the female singer? What the fuck was THAT shit about?
4look4rd - 13.06.2011 at 22:46
Written by Kennoth on 13.06.2011 at 21:41

I think Queen of the Damned was the worse movie that I've ever seen, together with Sucker Punch. The later had a good soundtrack though.
Neuroku - 13.06.2011 at 23:02
Fuck sake!

I love silent Hill! don't ruin it with whiny nu-metal poser shit!!!
Neuroku - 13.06.2011 at 23:09
They should get some Supersonic Autopsy Force in there!

It fitts perfectly! The composer even put the music over Silent HIll gameplay FFS!
Nickferatu367 - 14.06.2011 at 00:01
I'm a silent hill fan, not a korn fan by any means. i dont think i'll be able to play this game if korn is involved.
Cathval - 14.06.2011 at 00:37
This is what happens when you give artistic, symbolic, meaningful games over to American developers. We cater too much towards the action, gun filled genres and have less subtle themes within our "mediums" these days, hence the emphasis on action and combat in the fifth installment of the series. By all means I'm for progression in the series...but given the track record of the past two...three games, I won't set my hopes high.

I will not be purchasing this. A butchered series and a "middle school band" that you later look back at in life and realize you were duped by your inability to acknowledge true, in depth music at a young age? I will politely pass on this.
Kennoth - 14.06.2011 at 01:13
Written by 4look4rd on 13.06.2011 at 22:46

Written by Kennoth on 13.06.2011 at 21:41

Oh well, I really like both the movie and the soundtrack, which is my favorite.
Kennoth - 14.06.2011 at 01:14
Wow, some people SERIOUSLY need to clean their head from all the shit stains, being shoveled deep in their assess.
Troy Killjoy - 14.06.2011 at 01:36
Nerdrage. That is all.
Bloody Rain - 14.06.2011 at 02:15
It would be better if they had Tears of Mankind doing the opening instead. They did a pretty good cover of the Silent Hill 3 opening song.
Paradox0 - 14.06.2011 at 03:58
No wonder Akira yamaoka left konami. Then again I felt he was losing interest when his beatmania stuff started getting too cutesie pootsie.
theironarctica - 14.06.2011 at 05:13
Korn sucks, nu metal is for the trolls. I have loved and treasure every single silent hill game and now this is how they repay the fans. Good job gentlemen
!J.O.O.E.! - 14.06.2011 at 05:49
Written by theironarctica on 14.06.2011 at 05:13

No they repay their fans by releasing turgid dross like Silent Hill 4 and 5. There hasn't been a classic Silent Hill since 3, and that wasn't even a classic, just a very good game. Korn doing a song, which any ninny could figure out will probably be resigned to the end credits if anything, has nothing to do with the quality of the final product.
Troy Killjoy - 14.06.2011 at 06:02
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 14.06.2011 at 05:49

No, it's for the trolls. Don't you know anything?
!J.O.O.E.! - 14.06.2011 at 06:06
Written by Troy Killjoy on 14.06.2011 at 06:02

Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 14.06.2011 at 05:49

No, it's for the trolls. Don't you know anything?

These things?

Troy Killjoy - 14.06.2011 at 06:10
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 14.06.2011 at 06:06

These things?

This thing.
Void Eater - 14.06.2011 at 06:22
Guys, this is a metal website, it would obviously be this troll.

Will check the song out, but odds are I wont care for it, I've warmed up to Korn's first albun latley, but nothing beyond that intrests me.
This thing.
BenWasHere - 14.06.2011 at 06:50
I think I'm the only one here that likes Korn
Warman - 14.06.2011 at 10:09
This would've been a huge deal for me like... 5-6 years ago when I loved Silent Hill. Still have those games in my heart, but don't follow the serie any longer. Now it doesn't matter.
cluster53 - 14.06.2011 at 10:21
Why not NIN, or Tool... Dimmu Borgir...Elend!!, Chaostar, Septic Flesh, even Radiohead!!!!!?!?!?!?!?! But Korn?!?!?! KORN?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
MetallicA_3 - 14.06.2011 at 22:19
I hate this game it's stupid
theironarctica - 15.06.2011 at 09:21
Written by Void Eater on 14.06.2011 at 06:22

Guys, this is a metal website, it would obviously be this troll.

This thing.

Now that's a troll \m/

News Amon Amarth - New Song Available For Streaming And Download 5.5 13.04.2013 by Vombatus
News Bullet For My Valentine - New Song Available For Streaming 5.5 23.11.2013 by hadriel
News Soulfly - New Song Available For Streaming 5.5 06.09.2013 by cossaisVendeurs
News Cynic - New Song Available For Download 5.5 24.04.2010 by -Morbid-
News Deftones - New Song Available For Streaming And Download 5.5 20.09.2012 by Unhealer