British doomsters Esoteric are currently hard at work on their sixth full-length, which should hit the stores in November through Season of Mist.

Vocalist Greg Chandlers presents the yet-untitled album as a "varied and diverse mix of emotions and soundscapes". More updates soon!

Source: season-of-mist.com
Band profile: Esoteric

Posted: 15.06.2011 by Thryce

Comments

BitterCOld - 15.06.2011 at 19:10
Horrible horrible news. cannot wait for it.
DerRozzengarten - 15.06.2011 at 20:10
Hell! Yeah!
Qube - 15.06.2011 at 20:51
Good news. To celebrate, I'm going to listen to the Maniacal Vale... again
advent - 15.06.2011 at 23:17
I want this badlyyyy
Troy Killjoy - 16.06.2011 at 03:49
November? Looks like this has a chance at claiming top spot on my list this year.
Daggon - 16.06.2011 at 09:51
Best news of the month so far!!!
Nocturno-Inculto - 16.06.2011 at 09:57
At last!!!!! New album!!! Fucking yeah!!!
Mr. Doctor - 16.06.2011 at 18:05
Oh shit guys! If they top The Maniacal Vale.... I don't even know what will happen but it's gonna be huge!

Going to have calm expectations so I won't compare it inmediatly with their latest.
InnerSelf - 16.06.2011 at 21:34
@Mr. Doctor : Exactly
IMO Esoteric cannot release a bad album and through out their discography the albums kept getting better "though I still prefer Metamorphgenesis over Subconscious ..." , and I am sure this will be on my top list
it is great when you know that an album is going to be awesome before it is even released
Slayer666 - 16.06.2011 at 23:30
Written by Mr. Doctor on 16.06.2011 at 18:05

Nah, I don't think so. It's just kind of logical (maybe pessimistic, though) to assume that a single band doesn't have it in them to make two albums like Vale, let alone an album that's even better.
I'm just afraid they might experiment with god-knows-what kind of genres and make an abomination. Like polka. Polka Funeral/Death Doom sounds bad.
Mr. Doctor - 17.06.2011 at 00:01
Written by Slayer666 on 16.06.2011 at 23:30

Yeah, like I said... I won't expect the ultimate masterpiece, just a great album by them.
Also... I share your fears... I wouldn't like them to fo too experimental and go right to a disaster but they have experimented a lot through the years so I don't think I will listen to salsa or something.
Lucas - 17.06.2011 at 16:51
I'll quote myself here (from the 2009 recap article):

"If the new Esoteric tops their The Maniacal Vale, I will probably get arrested for running around on the streets, naked, yelling and screaming like Attila Csihar. I promise you all, I will."

I keep my promises.
Black Conundrum - 18.06.2011 at 08:47
Awesome news! Esoteric rules.
Marcel Hubregtse - 22.06.2011 at 17:53
Written by Lucas on 17.06.2011 at 16:51

I'll quote myself here (from the 2009 recap article):

I keep my promises.

Now I hope esoteric don't top Maniacal Vale

News Esoteric - New Album Streaming Online 7.5 09.11.2011 by !J.O.O.E.!
News Esoteric - Update On The New Album 7.5 16.08.2011 by Mr. Doctor
News Esoteric - Line Up Changes, Album Update And New Live Dates 7.5 17.04.2007 by Katatronik
News Autumn - New Album Details, Preview Available 5.5 09.12.2008 by Black Conundrum
News Within Temptation - To Release New Album In Autumn 5.5 31.01.2013 by Jeeers