Due to a "serious injury" being suffered by drummer Paul Bostaph, Testament have enlisted the services of Gene Hoglan (Fear Factory, ex-Strapping Young Lad) to handle the studio drumming for their new album. The group recently entered the studio to begin tracking the new album with producer Andy Sneap (Megadeth, Opeth). A late 2011/early 2012 release is expected.

In addition to Hoglan, Lamb Of God drummer Chris Adler will appear on "a couple of bonus tracks." According to the band's management, Bostaph will rejoin Testament at a later date for touring duties.

Hoglan previously played drums on Testament's 1997 effort, Demonic, but didn't stick around long enough to do any touring with the band.

Source: theprp.com
Band profile: Testament

Posted: 21.06.2011 by Thryce

Comments

Angelic Storm - 21.06.2011 at 19:23
Gah, this sucks... poor Paul! I hope whatever his injury is it isn't too bad, and he gets better soon. It's bad news that Paul won't be playing on the new album, but I guess if you have to use a temporary replacement, you really can't do any better than Gene Hoglan. \m/ Can't wait for the new album, and hopefully to see Paul live with the band afterwards!
Thrash666 - 21.06.2011 at 19:52
Stoked for a new testament album!!! Hope Paul gets better soon, I really like the line up with him in it, but Gene Hoglan as the replacement!?!? Gonna be fucking awesome
Monolithic - 21.06.2011 at 21:13
If there's one guy with more injuries than Michael Owen, It's Paul LOL. I wish him good luck , since I really like his drumming skills. And about Gene, I think he's the right man for the right job. I'll be looking forward to it.
SBGMetal - 21.06.2011 at 22:56
Hope paul will be get better soon! but very good replacement at least...
Amatsu Mikaboshi - 22.06.2011 at 00:49
Another big name added to Gene's CV...

Sucks for Paul. He's one of my favourite drummers.
LokeDogg - 22.06.2011 at 06:24
Written by Angelic Storm on 21.06.2011 at 19:23

Hmm exactly what I was thinking when it said Hoglan was replacing Paul.....Was thinking about Slayer's War at the Warfield Just last night, also was thinking of Gene's work as myself used to be a drummer, but nonetheless equally good replacement for Testament
Murder - 22.06.2011 at 19:50
Best wishes for Paul!! I hope see him live next August >_<!
Xim - 22.06.2011 at 20:16
Gene Holgan playing on the album.
Chris Adler playing on the album.

News Testament - Drummer Leaves, Starts New Band 7.5 01.12.2011 by toXic_waLtz
News Every Time I Die - Recording New Album With Kurt Ballou 7 04.03.2014 by Lit.
News Korn - Recording New Album With Brian "Head" Welch 7 03.05.2013 by chrisʇrenounced
News Axel Rudi Pell - New Drummer, Recording Next Album This Month 7 17.07.2013 by Damon Salvatore
News Týr - Liv Kristine To Guest On New Album, Part Ways With Drummer 7 12.05.2013 by WorpeX

Hits total: 1912 | This month: 12