After originally being released in the spring of 2004, Willowtip Records is proud to announce the reissuing of the "classic" debut album from Arsis, A Celebration Of Guilt.

The album will be remastered, include two bonus tracks not found on the original pressing, have expanded artwork, and will be packaged within a slipcase. The album will be released on August 9th, 2011.

A Celebration Of Guilt received tremendous critical acclaim upon its release. Lambgoat.com hailed it as "one of the best metal albums of our time. A Celebration Of Guilt stands to take its place in the canon of history as one of the best metal albums ever made, period." More recently it was named Number 49 on The Top 100 Greatest Metal Albums of the Decade list by Decibel Magazine. Arsis have since gone on to release three more full-length albums and have toured the world numerous times.

A Celebration Of Guilt tracklist:

01. The Face Of My Innocence
02. Maddening Disdain
03. Seven Whispers Fell Silent
04. Return
05. Worship Depraved
06. Carnal Ways To Recreate The Heart
07. Dust And Guilt
08. Elegant And Perverse
09. The Sadistic Motives Behind Bereavement Letters
10. Looking To Nothing
11. Wholly Night
12. Painted Eyes (Bonus Track)
13. Veil Of Mourning Black (Bonus Track)

Source: willowtip.com
Band profile: Arsis

Posted: 08.07.2011 by Bigpaul

Comments

JD - 08.07.2011 at 12:21
I don't think its a good idea.
BudDa - 08.07.2011 at 13:45
Written by JD on 08.07.2011 at 12:21

I don't think its a good idea.

Both Bears - 08.07.2011 at 22:57
Face of my innocence is one of the best songs ive ever heard .. the rest of the album is quite boring though, i dont know why
HitokiriNate85 - 09.07.2011 at 00:30
I don't really see the point of a rerelease at this point except as a cash in, and I can't imagine enough people will buy it to make it worthwhile. I already own the album and won't shell out for this.

That being said, it really is a great album, and the only Arsis album I really like(aside from the Diamond for Disease EP, which was awesome). ACoG is just packed with some of the best riffs I've ever heard. Pretty much every song on the album is standout.
The Benighted - 09.07.2011 at 04:08
Doesn't need to be remastered at all. I have a feeling they'll try to clean it up and sterilize it like 'We Are the Nightmare', and that was all well and good for that album, but this just sounds better a little bit fuzzier and raw.
BlueMobius - 09.07.2011 at 06:07
A Celebration of Guilt is a great album. It doesn't need to be remastered. It's their best album and it's a shame Arsis have had an overproduced sterile sound on their last two albums.

News Lurker Of Chalice - Sold Out Debut Album Re-Released 5.5 28.03.2008 by BitterCOld
News Frequency Of Butterfly Wings - Songs From Debut Album Available For Download 4 06.05.2012 by WorpeX
News 7 H. Target - Debut Album Available For Streaming 4 05.11.2012 by Sync
News Sunpocrisy - Reveal Debut Album Details 4 27.01.2012 by Syk
News NettleCarrier - Debut Album Streaming Online 4 28.09.2012 by !J.O.O.E.!