Finnish funeral doomsters Shape Of Despair have tapped Throes Of Dawn vocalist Henri Koivula as the replacement of Pasi Koskinen (Ajattara, ex-Amorphis, Mannhai) who left the band in late 2010.

The band issued the following announcement: "Just before this year, Shape Of Despair and Pasi Koskinen parted ways. We got very few close persons in mind who could fit inside the band's chemistry and share the same passion for our music.

Welcome to our newest member Henri Koivula. Henri is known from his other band Throes Of Dawn which released the magnificent The Great Fleet Of Echoes album last year."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Shape Of Despair

Posted: 10.07.2011 by Abattoir

Comments

Milena - 10.07.2011 at 15:43
I'm not into this kind of music but I just ADORE the mixing of the Finnish scene.
Mr. Doctor - 10.07.2011 at 16:16
Aw fuck, Pasi's growls were IMMENSE. Hopefully the new guy will suit their style.
Vitriolic Hate - 10.07.2011 at 18:11
Throes Of Dawn are pretty cool, he doesn't use deep growls there, I wonder how it'll turn out with SoD.
Dark Blood - 10.07.2011 at 19:43
I second what Vitiolic says. ToD are pretty nice, but I dont know if he's fit to this kind of sound. I guess we'll find out.
lord artan - 11.07.2011 at 00:23
Oh no fuck i love Pasi "Ruoja" Koskinen voice...i cant lesson to shape of despair without pasi
Justicelust - 16.07.2011 at 00:03
Oh it is a bad news, no one can replace Pasi. I wish Henri Koivula a good luck with SoD, I like his voice.
Night Sight - 08.08.2011 at 15:20
One of the main reasons i always loved shape of despair was pasi's voice

News Shape Of Despair - New Track Streaming Online 7.5 04.09.2010 by Vitriolic Hate
News Shape Of Despair - Sign To Season Of Mist, New Album In 2015 7.5 02.10.2014 by Hallford9000
News Crystalic - Vocalist Leaves, New Announced 5.5 01.06.2008 by LeChron James