Iced Earth recently entered the studio to begin recording their new upcoming album, Dystopia, with producer Jim Morris. The album is tentatively scheduled for a late 2011 release through Century Media Records.

Iced Earth mainman Jon Schaffer issued the following update: "All is well here as we are pushing forward with master tracking the new album Dystopia. We have finished drums and rhythm guitars and are right on schedule.

I'll be heading to Europe tomorrow for a few festival dates and then right back to work in the studio on Monday. Jim Morris and I are having a great time, as usual, and are very much looking forward to starting vocal tracks with "Stucifer" next week!

Stu Block has contributed a lot to the vocal parts on this record, with co-writing credits on 10 out of 12 songs, and I'm very happy with our chemistry and what we've accomplished together so far. And we're just getting started."

Confirmed songtitles set to appear on Dystopia include: "Dystopia", "Anthem", "Days of Rage", "Soylent Green", "V", "Boiling Point", "Tragedy and Triumph", "Anguish of Youth" and "Iron Will".

As previously reported, Matt Barlow will retire from the band after the summer festival shows. Afterwards Into Eternity vocalist Stu Block will become the new lead singer for Iced Earth.

Source: icedearth.com
Band profile: Iced Earth

Posted: 13.07.2011 by Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk

Comments

Angelic Storm - 13.07.2011 at 13:31
Woah, Stu has co-writing credits on 10 songs! It seems like Jon is finally allowing someone else to make significant writing contributions to the band. As disappointed as I was with "Crucible Of Man", Im really looking forward to hearing how the new album sounds! xD
Ag Fox - 13.07.2011 at 14:31
Written by Angelic Storm on 13.07.2011 at 13:31

The Cricible Of Man sounded tired, so I look forward to Stu breathing some fresh ideas into the mix :3
Behdad K - 13.07.2011 at 14:36
One of the first metal bands I got into, so I love them a lot. But I didn't like the albums in which Matt Barlow didn't sing.
I just love his voice.
Anyway, looking forward to the album!
BloodTears - 13.07.2011 at 14:39
Well, Stu wrote lyrics for Into Eternity. I'm sure the guys saw that in him.
J. N. - 13.07.2011 at 15:05
I just have to hear this. Stu is incredible.
JÄY - 13.07.2011 at 21:18
Haha soilent green
thewall30 - 14.07.2011 at 03:18
Great news, I'm excited!
DoomGuard - 14.07.2011 at 20:48
Iced Earth is my all-time favorite, and when they got a new vocalist i was like "oh cool lemme check this guy out"

I dread this new album
BrightNight - 14.07.2011 at 22:24
Very curious how this will sound. I have high hopes of Stu, he is a great vocalist who can sing in different ways and styles. A powerfull voice....not nearly so deep and emotional as Matt Barlow. But then again, there is no one who can match his voice!

Anyhow, everything that comes from Jon Schaffer and co is worth checking out!

News Iced Earth - New Single And Album Update 10.5 20.03.2007 by
News Iced Earth - New Album Update 10.5 11.06.2008 by Darkmember
News Iced Earth - Dropping A New Album Later This Year 9.5 22.01.2011 by Angelic Storm
News Iced Earth - Share New Album Cover Art 9 25.09.2013 by Mad Arab666