Davin Drainman, singer of American nu metal band Disturbed announced through his twitter account that the band is going on indefinite hiatus, in a reply to a fan question. He couldn't tell if the band was breaking up for good.

Speculation about Disturbed's future began two weeks ago when frontman David Draiman told an Idaho radio station: "This is gonna be the last tour that the American people get to see us in for awhile, if not indefinitely. We have some things going on internally, we have some personal things going on."

Disturbed guitarist Dan Donegan addressed the rumors about the band possibly breaking up in a new interview on Wednesday (July 27) with Dallas radio station KEGL-FM. The guitarist then said: "Ever since the start of this band, we've always had a game plan of what comes next after each thing. So it's always been 'write, record, tour, let's go home for a month, let's start writing again, do the same thing all over again.' So it's always been laying out future plans. This time around, we just haven't really gotten to those discussions yet. We know that we're coming to the end of this touring cycle and we just haven't planned on what we wanna do next."

Donegan would not say that the band was going to stay together, adding, "I really don't know [if Disturbed is breaking up]. I don't have a clear answer because I'm not sure where everybody's head's at at the moment other than we're having a great time out on tour, we're going out big, we're carrying big production, we wanna end this on a big note. I think we're not ready to sit down and have the discussions of when we wanna get back together or if we're gonna. So we're kind of winging it."

Source: twitter.com
Band profile: Disturbed

Posted: 29.07.2011 by qlacs

Comments

Being and Time - 29.07.2011 at 20:19
Looks like they are down (for now) with the (internal) sickness. Good luck to them!
Lonniehaskel - 29.07.2011 at 20:27
Bon voyage.
mariano - 29.07.2011 at 21:22
That's sad...
although, maybe it was about time because even though I enjoyed the last 2 albums I sense they have already drained their creativity.
PazuzuSKOM - 29.07.2011 at 21:26
Oh, finally some good news
pagb666 - 29.07.2011 at 21:33
Written by mariano on 29.07.2011 at 21:22

That's sad...

First time I heard Disturbed:
-"They, this shit is fine"
-"Yay! this other song is also cool"
-"Wow, this third song... wait! They're all the same!! ¬_¬"
snake? snaaaake! - 29.07.2011 at 21:34
Written by Being and Time on 29.07.2011 at 20:19

I see what you did there.

I listened to them when I was a kid, so I still have some sort of attachment to them I suppose.
ScreamingSteelUS - 30.07.2011 at 07:15
Disturbed has some great stuff. They are one of those bands that I really liked when I first heard them and then along the way got their entire back catalogue, but let the new albums slip by. I kind of lost interest after a while, but I do still enjoy listening to them every now and then. I would probably be a lot more bummed, but I think losing Jag Panzer is worse.
CHEF METALHEAD - 30.07.2011 at 13:28
GooGooGooGood !!!
John Shock - 30.07.2011 at 20:27
I will feel really bad if Disturbed disbanded by (i supose no reason)! What are they doing?
Xim - 30.07.2011 at 20:30
That sucks. They're one of the few really good nu-metal bands. Hope everything works out alright for them.
batusay - 31.07.2011 at 00:50
No band sings nu metal better than disturbed, it would be one of the worst things that could happen (for me) if they would stop.
Kennoth - 31.07.2011 at 04:45
1. Not nu-metal.
2. I'll believe it when I see it. At least I got to see them live.
ADIresiduos - 02.08.2011 at 23:20
I always have liked Disturbed (since the first album), but it's true that with time, they are sounding the same as before. It's understandable that maybe they reached their creative peak by now and need a break, to get to other things rather than making music. Inspiration comes when you least expect it but it will sure help to get a breather and enjoy life; inspiration comes from all the situations we live through our daily lives... so, hope they enjoy their time off, and if they decide to come back, hopefully it will be a helluvan album!!
Zender 1.8 - 16.08.2011 at 14:55
Take a last Look Around,While You're alive............ I am An Indestructible...........Master Of War!!!!!!
\m/ \m/ \m/ \m/
Moosh666 - 05.10.2011 at 13:26
I'm confused, then why are they bringing out a new CD in November called "The Lost Children"?
Troy Killjoy - 05.10.2011 at 18:27
Written by Moosh666 on 05.10.2011 at 13:26

It's a compilation... Probably to tide them over until they make up their minds about what to do.
Moosh666 - 07.10.2011 at 16:22