Finnish metal wolves Sonata Arctica are howling again - namely in the form of a new live DVD. Live In Finland showcases the full concert which was played on April 15th, 2011 at Club Teatria in Oulu, Finland.

Apart from timeless classics a la "Full Moon" or "Letter To Dana", various tracks of the current album The Days Of Grays have found their way into the setlist, thus on the DVD as well. This heady mixture of old and new compositions is supplemented by a bonus DVD on which four recorded tracks of the very own Sonata Arctica festival can be found that took place on August 8th, 2009 in Kemi.

Furthermore, the viewer can enjoy the music videos of "Don't Say A Word", "Paid In Full" and "Flag In The Ground" as well as a photo gallery and some making-ofs that document the DVD's creation. The enclosed bonus CD with eight audio recordings of the festival concert gives the final touch to this release.

Keyboardist Henrik Klingenberg states: "It's been a very hot summer here in Finland, and while most people headed to the beach, we've been working our asses off editing and compiling our new DVD. This time around we wanted to give you a show from our homecountry Finland. The main show was filmed at the Teatria Club in Oulu, Finland, last April. It showcases Sonata Arctica towards the end of the Days Of Grays World Tour which started back in 2009.

We played a total of over 180 shows in almost 40 countries during the tour. This will be a double-DVD release with lots of bonuses, we'll have tour documentaries, making-ofs as well as music videos and bonus songs from our very own Sonata Arctica Open Air festival, held in our hometown Kemi in August 2009. Whether you missed us or checked us out during this world tour, this DVD will be the complete guide to what we've been up to these past two years. I'm sure you all will enjoy watching this DVD as much as we've enjoyed making it. The Days Of Grays World Tour has been absolutely fantastic and I'm very happy that we've managed to capture all the ups and downs on film. You'll know what I'm talking about when we get this monster package out!"

Live In Finland, will be released October 28th.

Source: bravewords.com
Band profile: Sonata Arctica

Posted: 04.08.2011 by Panzerchrist

Comments

Milena - 04.08.2011 at 11:40
The name is 'Live in Finland'. I don't wanna bitch about it, but... damn, creativity, anyone?
However, I'm damn stoked about this, even though I think it won't be really good, they've had a streak of bad luck creating this.
Lonniehaskel - 04.08.2011 at 11:56
I agree. I doubt I'll be buying this. In fact, I haven't actually enjoyed anything Sonata Arctica has released since Winterheart's Guild.
TheUnDead - 04.08.2011 at 12:10
If they don't retrieve the right way, like winterheart's guild or reckoning night, i'll never buy any more dvd or ep that they release
Angel_Lament - 04.08.2011 at 12:13
Coool, this DVD sounds awesome, ofc I wont buy it, I'll be ended up downloading it as all the time...
Inconcessus - 04.08.2011 at 12:41
This is truly amazing! Sonata are the best!
MJOLNIR - 04.08.2011 at 12:50
Didn't like anything from The Days of Grays. Unia, although a good album, just did not carry the same 'energy' that I had known Sonata Arctica for. So I will probably not be buying this DVD. I will however, continue to watch the previous fantastic one, 'For the Sake of Revenge'.
Milena - 04.08.2011 at 16:17
Written by TheUnDead on 04.08.2011 at 12:10

Well, they won't die without you, nor any of their fans turned haters, soooo... And yeah, there is no 'right' way, only the ones you prefer.
moe5512 - 04.08.2011 at 17:08
I think their newer albums are far more interesting than their straight forward power metal albums like Silence so I think that this dvd can be good
Dargor - 04.08.2011 at 18:12
I Love Sonata Arctica, but I really don't care about live DVDs. I want a new album!
And I agree with moe5512, the 2 last albums are far more creative and interesting. I love the old Sonata, but the new Sonata is better IMO.
Claus - 04.08.2011 at 18:28
This is awesome! I can't wait! Old Sonata, new Sonata, I don't care, I love it all! However, I really want some more Sonata!
Milena - 04.08.2011 at 20:53
Written by moe5512 on 04.08.2011 at 17:08

Well, the point is not in the setlist, they always have a good setlist, I just don't think that the overall quality of the DVD will be as good as I'm hoping for
moe5512 - 04.08.2011 at 21:12
Written by Milena on 04.08.2011 at 20:53

Written by moe5512 on 04.08.2011 at 17:08

Why do you think that?
Milena - 04.08.2011 at 21:18
Written by moe5512 on 04.08.2011 at 21:12

Written by Milena on 04.08.2011 at 20:53

Written by moe5512 on 04.08.2011 at 17:08

Why do you think that?

Well, it was delayed two times, so, call me superstitious, but they've had a LOT of bad luck trying to record this. But then again, maybe the third time was the charm after all we'll just have to wait and see. Sonata shows are awesome and packed with energy, but for a live DVD, I've always pictured something really visually and sound-wise astounding, like Kamelot's or Dark Tranquillity's DVDs...so, we'll see if they achieved that level of perfection
Enigma - 04.08.2011 at 21:26
Written by Lonniehaskel on 04.08.2011 at 11:56

I'd say anything after Unia (including it more or less).
moe5512 - 04.08.2011 at 21:37
Written by Milena on 04.08.2011 at 21:18

Why do I start thinking about Wintersun's "Time" when I read your post But anyhow, as Henrik said, they have worked their asses of editing and shit whole summer so at least they are trying for something big

edit: the place where they recorded the show is the same as on Amorphis's dvd and that one was really beautifully made
Milena - 04.08.2011 at 21:39
Written by moe5512 on 04.08.2011 at 21:37

Written by Milena on 04.08.2011 at 21:18

Henkka seems to be in charge of all Sonata blogging these days Yeah, I'm really happy about that, I've read in an interview that no one is really pleased with the way FTSoR turned out. It was a nice DVD for the fans, but it could have been so much better.
moe5512 - 04.08.2011 at 22:28
Written by Milena on 04.08.2011 at 21:39

It was a nice DVD for the fans, but it could have been so much better.

Totally agree
RavenKing - 05.08.2011 at 00:13
Like Avantasia and Edguy, they're just a pop band for teenage girls now.
Stabby - 05.08.2011 at 07:22
Written by RavenKing on 05.08.2011 at 00:13

Like Avantasia and Edguy, they're just a pop band for teenage girls now.

Then call me a teenage girl! (which I am not, actually a grown man)
WorpeX - 05.08.2011 at 18:36
Written by RavenKing on 05.08.2011 at 00:13

Like Avantasia and Edguy, they're just a pop band for teenage girls now.

I've been to a Sonata Arctica concert. There was like a 1 girl to 20 guy ratio. In fact, I WISH you were right about that, I would much prefer to see a band I like in concert with a lot of hot teenage girls than a bunch of sweaty guys.
Fat & Sassy! - 06.08.2011 at 00:04
Written by Milena on 04.08.2011 at 11:40

Don't get me wrong, I do kinda like Sonata Arctica, but I wouldn't say "originality" is really their thing. And "creative" is probably one of the last adjectives I'd use to describe anything related to the band.
Milena - 06.08.2011 at 01:33
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 06.08.2011 at 00:04

Written by Milena on 04.08.2011 at 11:40

Opinions, funny things You can't deny at least that they're being creative in giving names (FTSoR, if anyone remembers the story) or explaining why certain albums have certain names (some Silence and Unia interviews come to mind)

Written by moe5512 on 04.08.2011 at 21:37

Wooow, now you made me happy, I love that DVD and the venue
mikeprado30 - 06.08.2011 at 06:19
Written by RavenKing on 05.08.2011 at 00:13

Like Avantasia and Edguy, they're just a pop band for teenage girls now.

Haters... well... haters... GONNA HATE! (nothing personal, my friend, just a little humour drop! )

And also call me a teenage girl if this is a valid parameter to qualify the tastes of the people. Man, not all people will have your tastes as not all people will have my tastes and the other ones' also. Is just a matter of respect about whatever the people likes.
The Shape 1973 - 07.08.2011 at 14:13
Already got two live albums from these guys, probably a third is not needed.
Milena - 10.08.2011 at 00:41
Written by The Shape 1973 on 07.08.2011 at 14:13

Already got two live albums from these guys, probably a third is not needed.

Yeah, but the first one is only a live recording (and not a very good one) and this is a DVD

News Sonata Arctica - New DVD Release Dates, Teaser Available 9 22.09.2011 by Stratowarrior
News Sonata Arctica - To Record New DVD In Milan 9 16.04.2010 by Vitriolic Hate
News Sonata Arctica's Live DVD Tops Finnish Charts 9 03.06.2006 by insanity.peppers
News Sonata Arctica - Reveal New Single Details 7.5 30.01.2014 by BynersA7X