Devildriver guitarist Mike Spreitzer is sitting out the band's South American tour after suffering a seizure, but he issued the following update on his condition today:

"Hey everybody. Thank you all so much for your concern. It means so much to me. I'm doing okay and I'm back home.

I'm not sure why, but I had a seizure in a Rite Aid while I was picking up a few last-minute items for our South American tour. I collapsed and hit my head fairly hard. But the good news is all the test results and CAT scan came back negative. So I've been ordered to rest and stay home. I'll be up and running for the next tour with Arch Enemy.

I'm so upset that I can't go to South America. I was so excited.

Thanks again for your concern and I love you all."

Source: roadrunnerrecords.com
Band profile: DevilDriver

Posted: 09.08.2011 by Panzerchrist

Comments

imspazzen - 10.08.2011 at 01:52
Couldn't care less about the band but I'm glad he's alright.
Void Eater - 10.08.2011 at 02:41
I love you to.
wormdrink414 - 10.08.2011 at 03:33
Quote:

I'm not sure why, but I had a seizure in a Rite Aid

Story paid for in full by Walgreens. Fucking sell-outs.
Mad Architect - 10.08.2011 at 05:58
Written by imspazzen on 10.08.2011 at 01:52

Couldn't care less about the band but I'm glad he's alright.

Unintentional puns FTW.

A random seizure with no apparent trigger would be just a little concerning personally. Maybe some further medical evaluation would be a good idea.
Ultraussie - 10.08.2011 at 07:05
I REALLY WANNA GO TO SOUTH AMERICA!!!! NOO!!!!!!
Troy Killjoy - 10.08.2011 at 08:03
I've fallen out of love with these guys but inexplicable seizures are a scary thing. Hopefully he's healthy enough for touring in the future - a lot of musicians thrive on live performances and losing the ability to play in front of a crowd can be devastating. Best of luck.
Angelic Storm - 10.08.2011 at 10:12
Written by Troy Killjoy on 10.08.2011 at 08:03

I know Machine Head have had to cut a few concerts short due to Phil Demmel passing out at random moments due to a rare heart condition. Which must make him feel pretty awful, even though he can't help it.

I'm not a massive fan of Devildriver, but I do like some of their stuff. But regardless, seizures are a very scary thing, especially when there's no obvious cause. Hope Mike gets better soon.
Scorpyin - 10.08.2011 at 22:53
Hope for a quick and healthy recovery, i was planning on seeing them for their tour with arch enemy.

@wormdrink414 and you can go eat a dick, and while you're at it go figure out what the actual definition of sellout is... dumbass
Winterthrone - 11.08.2011 at 01:05
Written by wormdrink414 on 10.08.2011 at 03:33

Quote:

I'm not sure why, but I had a seizure in a Rite Aid

Story paid for in full by Walgreens. Fucking sell-outs.

wormdrink414 - 11.08.2011 at 02:42
TF? I of course hope he's okay. And I know he isn't working for Walgreens...
strade - 11.08.2011 at 16:15
Probably heard too much of his own music.
Lit. - 11.08.2011 at 20:24
Written by strade on 11.08.2011 at 16:15

Probably heard too much of his own music.

And I quote:

"Ha ha ha ha....No...Man you truly suck! Makin' fun of someone's health problem is really stupid and immature. I wish you had an unexplicable seizure and that someone would be laughing at your face... I'm not fond of their music but wish him good luck!"
strade - 11.08.2011 at 20:38
Written by Lit. on 11.08.2011 at 20:24

Written by strade on 11.08.2011 at 16:15

Probably heard too much of his own music.

And I quote:

Come on, I was just joking.
Troy Killjoy - 11.08.2011 at 20:52
Written by strade on 11.08.2011 at 20:38
Come on, I was just joking.

I thought it was funny.

News Lamb Of God - Guitarist Mark Morton Sits Out European Tour 7 08.01.2014 by Bad English
News Primal Fear - Guitarist Sits Out Tour 7 27.12.2013 by Empyror
News Within Temptation - Guitarist Forced To Sit Out Tour 5.5 10.01.2008 by velvet
News Amberian Dawn - Guitarist To Sit Out Tour, More Tour Line-Up Changes 5.5 29.09.2011 by Elodie Artour
News Jon Oliva's Pain - Guitarist And Bassist Sitting Out Tour 5.5 06.09.2010 by Fat & Sassy!