Progressive metallers Tesseract are very excited to announce that Elliot Coleman has joined the band as lead vocalist.

Elliot's huge range, distinctive character and brutal roars demonstrated on his work with OMNOM, Sky Eats Airplane and Zelliack made him the perfect replacement for former vocalist, Dan Tompkins.

TesseracT bassist, Amos Williams, makes the introduction: "We'd like to take this opportunity to introduce somebody special, Elliot Coleman. Some of you may know him as a member of Zelliack, Sky Eats Airplane and Of Legends, or maybe from OMNOM, or Haunted Shores. Well now he's part of TesseracT! We're very excited about working with Elliot as we feel he has a great talent and personality, as well as, and most importantly a voice that transcends the norm and continues the TesseracT tradition of taking things to the next level."

Elliot's catalogue of work is as impressive as it is extensive including numerous appearances with and a guest spot on Periphery's track "Race Car". He most recently played bass in Washington DC tech metallers Of Legends, but as a passionate vocalist, he jumped at the chance to front TesseracT.

Elliot comments: "I'm very much excited to be a part of the juggernaut that is TesseracT. I know I have big shoes to fill as Dan is a fantastic vocalist, but i'm confident that we'll be producing some great new music in the coming year and i'll be adding some new flavours to this ever evolving machine."

Former vocalist Dan Tompkins left the band in July due to other life priorities.

Dan explains: "It is with a heavy heart that I must announce I am leaving TesseracT. This has been the most difficult decision I have had to make in my career as a singer. My priorities in life have changed and as such I can no longer continue with the band. Our friendships are strong and I wish to thank Acle, Mos, Jay and James for all their support and dedication over the past few years. We have achieved great things, travelled the world and met many incredible people and I stand proud to say that I have been a part of the band's success and helped to carve a wonderful album. I will hold onto these memories for the rest of my life. It has been an incredible journey and it is certainly not the end for myself or TesseracT. I look forward to new beginnings and wish my good friends all the very best for the future."

Amos continues: "You know, when you travel so far and spend so much time together, as well as achieving as much as we have over the past three years, you become like family. And it is precisely because of that close bond that we fully understand and respect Dan's choice to no longer be a part of TesseracT. We are and will always be close friends, and hope there will be a time in the future when we will work together again. Thank you buddy for being part of the TesseracT journey, we will always have fond memories of the Dan Tompkins years!"

Approaching the line up adjustment as a progression rather than a setback, the band is already hard at work writing the follow-up to the critically acclaimed album, One with Elliot.

The band head out on their Lowering The Tone headline tour throughout Europe in September and October before heading to the US for the Saints and Sinners Tour in November and December with Animals As Leaders and Between The Buried And Me. Get dates here.

Source: centurymedia.com
Band profile: Tesseract

Posted: 26.08.2011 by Thryce

Comments

MeloDeathViking - 26.08.2011 at 15:48
Wow, that's a big change! We'll see how this affects the band. I love the music itself, but the vocals were a big draw for me with these guys. I hope they can move past this and become even better.
BloodTears - 26.08.2011 at 16:00
Written by MeloDeathViking on 26.08.2011 at 15:48

Yes, this was unexpected. Let's see how that works.
Being and Time - 26.08.2011 at 19:01
I disagree. I thought the vocals were the worst aspect of Tesseract, and any new vocals could help the band grow and develop a more interesting sound.
MetalSpider - 26.08.2011 at 20:26
I disagree with the disagreement haha ...I thought Dan was an exceptional vocalist! He fit really well with TesseracT. But we'll see how the new guy fits in.
DahliaRock - 27.08.2011 at 01:05
I disagree with the disagreeing disagreement.. I thought TesseteracT was too late to the scene, especially after Periphery dropped their napalm! They really need to innovate stuff, and vocals were pretty weak, especially live!
fazzeh - 27.08.2011 at 01:27
Oh my, I thought Dan had quite a unique voice. Not too impressed by Elliot's cleans to be honest.

Written by DahliaRock on 27.08.2011 at 01:05

TesseracT's sound and approach to their genre is different from Periphery's and unique in many ways. Hence, there is no need for them to "innovate stuff"; they are not competing for anything. Although I must agree that the vocals were not that consistent during live shows.
Being and Time - 27.08.2011 at 03:20
Written by DahliaRock on 27.08.2011 at 01:05

At least there are two of us that seem to reach this conclusion, haha.
ThisIsEndgame - 27.08.2011 at 08:33
I saw this band in april and i was embarassed to be watching them. their singer looked like he just took meth and was having a spazz attack on stage. the guitarist played open notes every song for the whole song. why is this band on this website at all hahahah
Panterica - 01.09.2011 at 11:50
What a shame. I loved Dan's voice and I'm not sure about Elliot's cleans... Dan's departure might be a devastating blow for TesserecT, at least from my point of view
Night Sight - 03.09.2011 at 21:29
Why? i liked dan voice very much
i am so sad that he is not in the band

News Tesseract - Announce New Acoustic EP Details 7.5 02.04.2012 by Milena
News Thaurorod - Announce New Vocalist 5.5 31.10.2012 by Jiri
News The Agonist - Announce New Vocalist 5.5 17.03.2014 by psykometal
News Hatesphere - Announce New Vocalist 5.5 13.11.2007 by White Winter Sun
News Psyopus - Announce New Vocalist 5.5 29.09.2008 by Thought.