British extreme metallers Cradle Of Filth will release a new a new CD/DVD mini-album, entitled Evermore Darkly..., on October 10 in Europe through Peaceville Records and on October 18 in North America through Nuclear Blast.

The band has now revealed the cover artwork, which was done by Natalie Shau.

The package will include a DVD with a tour documentary, live tracks recorded at 2011's Graspop festival, and the video for "Lilith Immaculate". More details were previously reported over here.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Cradle Of Filth

Posted: 31.08.2011 by DarkSymphony500

Comments

JD - 31.08.2011 at 14:50
Lol
Azazel - 31.08.2011 at 14:56
Strange Cover. Prefered their photographed covers.
Mr. Doctor - 31.08.2011 at 15:12
Better than the previous one, that's for sure.
Sasha Batrakov - 31.08.2011 at 16:11
This one is so awesome.
Ozman - 31.08.2011 at 16:35
Written by Mr. Doctor on 31.08.2011 at 15:12

Better than the previous one, that's for sure.

The previous one was done by Matt Vickerstaff, who also did My Dying Bride - Line Of Deathless Kings and a couple of My Silent Wake albums and lots of others. Looking at this one it's not his style at all so I wonder who did this.
Mr. Doctor - 31.08.2011 at 16:38
Written by Ozman on 31.08.2011 at 16:35

so I wonder who did this.

Well, someone who doesn't do shit like Darkly darkly, Venus Abersa XP
That MDB artwork isn't so bad though.
Ozman - 31.08.2011 at 16:42
Written by Mr. Doctor on 31.08.2011 at 16:38

Written by Ozman on 31.08.2011 at 16:35

so I wonder who did this.

Well, someone who doesn't do shit like Darkly darkly, Venus Abersa XP
That MDB artwork isn't so bad though.

imo it's by far the worst MDB cover, but then again I really like whaat he did for My Silent Wake.
Mr. Doctor - 31.08.2011 at 16:46
Written by Ozman on 31.08.2011 at 16:42

Worst one is easily For Lies I sire imo.
While not being a bad artwork I still don't know what the heck is going on with Turn Loose The Swans.
Ozman - 31.08.2011 at 16:53
Written by Mr. Doctor on 31.08.2011 at 16:46

Written by Ozman on 31.08.2011 at 16:42

Worst one is easily For Lies I sire imo.

I don't like that one either but I prefer it over Line Of Deathless Kings when it comes to the cover, though NOT the music
Carrion Misery - 31.08.2011 at 16:58
Man, this makes me cringe. It looks like the artist found the background from Google by searching for "Road with dead trees", then used her crappy CGI software to make a cartoon chick with premade graphics. Nothing wrong with using photographs then manipulating them, but this just looks like he put a sepia tint on it and blurred it a little. Hmm, that's a good idea; I think I can start making half-ass graphics and probably get paid fairly well for it. I absolutely miss their old art work. It had so much more class.

edit: I did a search on Natalie Shau and she actually does great work that is very interesting. I wonder why this was the exception.
Roro - 31.08.2011 at 16:58
The idea is nice, but the art work is so fake :s, i can do better lol
Ozman - 31.08.2011 at 17:02
Written by Carrion Misery on 31.08.2011 at 16:58

Because Cradle Of Filth has almost always had crap art?
Carrion Misery - 31.08.2011 at 17:08
No, I meant I wonder why Natalie's CoF art is the bad exception to all of her other art. I thought most of CoF's art before Godspeed was some of the best well done album art out there.
Cynic Metalhead - 31.08.2011 at 17:11
So I guess majority of the MS users must be laughing/ ignoring/ bullshitting about this news cause here it welcomes CRADLE OF FILTH. Another overrated band in this website. *Ignore*

Well, cover is great...atleast better than the last one but lets see what mini album gonna do.
Plague_Angel - 31.08.2011 at 18:33
It fits its autumnal release date.
Definitely something new from what they have done in the past, but I think it looks quite nice.
Plague_Angel - 31.08.2011 at 18:39
Written by Ozman on 31.08.2011 at 17:02

Written by Carrion Misery on 31.08.2011 at 16:58

Because Cradle Of Filth has almost always had crap art?

"Crap art"?
You must have no taste in art at all.
Their earlier albums (namely The Principle of Evil Made Flesh and Dusk....and Her Embrace) revealed beautiful, Gothic erotic artwork by the highly esteemed photographer/movie directer Nigel Wingrove.
(highly esteemed in his field. The common person probably wouldn't find his work very..erm..tasteful.)
Slayer666 - 31.08.2011 at 19:11
Well, if you look at this art from the perspective I'm about to explain, it is extremely fitting and appropriate.

Autumn represents their age and musical inspiration. While it's not desolate and dire as winter, it's very much going that way, and will, inevitably get there. Maybe sooner than expected.

The chick on the bench is their music. Sitting on a bench, stagnant. Half of her is blown away by the wind, and the other half will soon follow, until it is dissolved into complete nothingness.

After Darkly, Darkly Venus Aversa, I say this artwork describes perfectly the band itself, rather than this mini-album.
Mr. Doctor - 31.08.2011 at 19:25
Written by Plague_Angel on 31.08.2011 at 18:39

"Crap art"?
You must have no taste in art at all.

Hey you, do you know what's so friggin great about art?
It's completely subjective, that's what's so awesome about it and I find it very distasteful to go and say "oh it's because you have not taste/ you are a common person" when someone simply doesn't like it. Probably the worst defence ever.

Also the "he's well known so he must be good and everyone must say that he's good or else they don't have taste" mentality is hilarious. It's what's killing art.
Like a dude I know who says that a movie is good simply because it has well known actors or because it won one oscar or two.
My two cents about their artwork: The only one I enjoy is Cruelty And The Beast. The rest is just pretty meh to me. But oh! that must be because I have to tastes!
Ozman - 31.08.2011 at 19:36
@PLague Angel, I see Mr. Doctor just wrote what I was about to say... that no matter how well-known and revered an artist is all art is still subjective. And even though guy is well-known I find it crap as I do most of his work.
Hell I also find Jeff Coons crap as well as most of Van Gogh's work, does that make my opinion any less valid? Nope.
DrunkenFuck - 31.08.2011 at 20:33
Imagine having that on your shirt. How fucking gay.
Fat & Sassy! - 31.08.2011 at 21:45
I agree with Marcel... Although I actually kinda like this cover art. It's purdy. :3
MétalNoir - 31.08.2011 at 22:05
Within Temptation has a new mini album coming!? Oh no that's CoF's...
Carrion Misery - 31.08.2011 at 23:22
Written by Slayer666 on 31.08.2011 at 19:11

The concept of the autumn/ lady on a bench art is a great idea and definitely has potential. My only issue is the use of a rendered CGI body against a different style background. I feel it's a cop out to save time; plus mixing CGI with other mediums like photography or paintings almost always looks pasted on. I hate to be so blunt about it because it's just a CD cover, but I don't like CGI rendered graphics and I'm a fan of CoF's older art (not to beat a dead horse). I do like her other art that has better integration, so I know she is a wonderful artist. I'm only trying to critique.
Jon - 01.09.2011 at 08:22
Written by Ozman on 31.08.2011 at 16:53

Written by Mr. Doctor on 31.08.2011 at 16:46

Written by Ozman on 31.08.2011 at 16:42

Worst one is easily For Lies I sire imo.

Funnily enough I've been considering one or more of those skeletal lieges on the A Line of Deathless Kings cover for a tattoo.. I'd have to resketch it though 'cause it's a little vague as it is
Milena - 01.09.2011 at 15:33
This is Natalie's style and I love it. (yep, I clicked on this for her, I don't care much for COF)
I wish she'd do more metal covers...
Opethian - 02.09.2011 at 01:37
Nope, sorry COF. Your album artwork has been, well IMO getting weaker and weaker just right after you released DAAD.
strade - 05.09.2011 at 00:29
Hot.

News Cradle Of Filth - Mini-Album Tracklist Revealed 9 07.09.2011 by Jiri
News The Cleansing - New Album Cover Art Revealed 6 20.03.2011 by JD
News Kylesa - New Album Cover Art And Tracklist Revealed 5.5 25.08.2010 by Thanntos
News Gojira - Upcoming Album Cover Art Revealed 5.5 19.04.2012 by
News In Flames - New Album Cover Art And Tracklist Revealed 5.5 13.04.2011 by MechanisT