The French dark progressive metal band Adagio announced their new singer to be Kelly Sundown Carpenter (Outworld, Beyond Twilight, Darkology). After the departure of Christian Palin, Adagio were helped out by Mats Leven (Yngwie Malmsteen, Krux, Therion, At Vance, Fatal Force, Firewind). The band comments that Mats was never meant to be a permanent member, which was mutually understood, and they appreciate his help on tour.

Both the band and the newly announced singer are very excited to start cooperating together, which has been their wish since the 2007 Japanese tour, on which Mr. Carpenter did the vocals. Due to the fact that he was living in Texas at the time, Kelly could not join Adagio, but now that he has moved to Belgium, it has become possible. The band has recorded four songs with the new line-up for the new album to be released next year.

The band has also mentioned that "definitely with this guy, the Underworld (the band's second album) is coming back at you".

Read the full updates on the band's Facebook: here and here.

In other news, Stephan Forte, the band's guitar player has recently signed a worldwide deal with Listenable Records, where his debut solo album The Shadows Compendium will be released.

The tracklist and guests of The Shadows Compendium have been announced over here.

Also, check out Stephan Forte's newly-launched website: http://stephanforte.org/ and listen to "De Praestigiis Daemonum," a song from The Shadows Compendium at this location.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Adagio

Posted: 09.09.2011 by K†ulu

Comments

BudDa - 09.09.2011 at 11:40
"De Praestigiis Daemonum", a single off that album is streaming on his facebook page
Felezion - 09.09.2011 at 14:16
Holy shit! My expectations for their next album rose by quite a lot. He did a good job on their tour in Japan but with stronger songs than those of Dominate to do Kelly's voice any justice, I think Adagio will be a cracking act to look out for again.
bazinko - 09.09.2011 at 14:55
This is the best news! I love Kelly so much. I hoped he would join after hearing about that Japan tour he did with them. I hope he has some sort of creative input in this endeavor. Also, I've always wished for Kelly to find a musical home -- he's contributed in so many different bands that go nowhere. But I guess this doesn't give much hope for Darkology's future. Oh well. I'm excited nonetheless!
Crazy Booduh - 09.09.2011 at 18:31
Holy crap, I too had hoped he would join after their 2007 tour. Kelly is one of my favorites.

That track off of Stephan Forte's solo album is killer too! If he can bring that kind of heat back to Adagio...oh man.
MetalSpider - 09.09.2011 at 18:44
Awesome! Kelly has one hell of a voice. This should be interesting!
Dark Blood - 10.09.2011 at 08:14
Pretty nice news, he has a damn nice and powerful voice. But when I read "Outworld" I automatically associated with Carlos Zema... Now THAT would be brutally awesome.

Pretty interesting that Stephan's releasing a solo album. Looking forward to it, the song on Facebook sounds great.
Daggon - 10.09.2011 at 23:28
Oh, I thought Mats Leven would sing in their next album, seems like my expectations are not too high now.
renai - 28.12.2011 at 00:06
Yes, stephan forte solo album release a while ago , not much news on metal storm I guess, here little information on this blog : http://metalharem.blogspot.com/2011/12/stephen-forte-shadow-compendium-2011.html

News Adagio - Guitarist Working On Instrumental Solo Album 9 28.05.2010 by RafaRata
News Meshuggah - Guitarist Recording New Solo Album 7 19.05.2010 by Introspekrieg
News Eden's Curse - Announce New Line-Up And Album 7 20.07.2013 by Bad English
News Graveyard - Announce New Album Title And Set Release Date 7 01.08.2012 by Mr. Doctor
News Tristania - Announce New Album Title, Cover And Date 7 25.03.2013 by Dark†SymphonY