Megadeth have revealed their new album Th1rt3en tracklist and artwork, which was once again created by artist John Lorenzi, who worked on the last two Megadeth studio albums, 2007's United Abominations and 2009's Endgame, as well as the band's 2007 box set, Warchest. You can pre-order the album now at this location, and get a limited-edition version that comes on double picture disc vinyl. The new single, "Public Enemy No. 1" is now available for streaming over here.

Th1rt3en tracklist and cover art:

01. Sudden Death
02. Public Enemy No. 1
03. Whose Life (Is It Anyways?)
04. We The People

[Also thanks to Void Eater, and Cynic Metalhead for sending in this news!]

Source: megadeth.com
Band profile: Megadeth

Posted: 09.09.2011 by Dominus

Comments

ErnilEnNaur - 09.09.2011 at 14:00
Vic's back is turned to us, so is he leaving? I hope not. Quite a beautiful cover.
BudDa - 09.09.2011 at 14:13
Written by Guest on 09.09.2011 at 14:00

Athropos - 09.09.2011 at 14:32
Written by Guest on 09.09.2011 at 14:00

Vic's back is turned to us, so is he leaving?

Mustaine labels every album as his last one...
bazinko - 09.09.2011 at 14:51
New World Order and Millenium of the Blind?! Wow... that's surprising. Is he running out of that creative spark? Haha. My interest is further piqued by this...
!J.O.O.E.! - 09.09.2011 at 15:35
God, what a shoddy looking cover. Photoshop is the enemy of modern cover art.
Aluminum Alloy - 09.09.2011 at 15:40
"Deadly Nightshade".... that couldn't be a STS cover could it?
Mr. Doctor - 09.09.2011 at 15:43
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 09.09.2011 at 15:35

God, what a shoddy looking cover. Photoshop is the enemy of modern cover art.

I also found the cover art quite distasteful, meh.
Angelic Storm - 09.09.2011 at 16:23
Written by Aluminum Alloy on 09.09.2011 at 15:40

"Deadly Nightshade".... that couldn't be a STS cover could it?

I find that highly unlikely... anyways, having 3 old songs (4 if you include "Sudden Death") on a new studio album is more than enough already, without there being covers on the album as well!
Amatsu Mikaboshi - 09.09.2011 at 16:23
Written by Mr. Doctor on 09.09.2011 at 15:43

Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 09.09.2011 at 15:35

God, what a shoddy looking cover. Photoshop is the enemy of modern cover art.

I also found the cover art quite distasteful, meh.

Yeah I usually think most Photoshop works are hit and miss but I liked this one. Can't say that tracklist "looks" decent, compared to Endgame. Some tracks look the sham ones that were on United Abominations. BUT IT'S JUST TITLES.
vezzy - 09.09.2011 at 16:32
Illuminati symbols everywhere.
snake? snaaaake! - 09.09.2011 at 16:35
As much as I love Megadeth, I can't help but feel this is going to suck. I found Sudden Death and Public enemy pretty boring.
Doc Godin - 09.09.2011 at 16:37
Written by Mr. Doctor on 09.09.2011 at 15:43

Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 09.09.2011 at 15:35

God, what a shoddy looking cover. Photoshop is the enemy of modern cover art.

I also found the cover art quite distasteful, meh.

Not nearly as bad as the last one.
Enemy of Reality - 09.09.2011 at 16:39
Mediocre artwork. It fits the music so far. The single is pure crap.
Milena - 09.09.2011 at 16:39
I actually like the cover.
Mr. Doctor - 09.09.2011 at 16:40
Written by Doc Godin on 09.09.2011 at 16:37

Not nearly as bad as the last one.

I have to agree on that, doesn't make this artwork any better though.
vezzy - 09.09.2011 at 16:41
Written by Mr. Doctor on 09.09.2011 at 16:40

Written by Doc Godin on 09.09.2011 at 16:37

Not nearly as bad as the last one.

I have to agree on that, doesn't make this artwork any better though.

Endgame barely looked like a FEMA camp line.
Captain Obvious - 09.09.2011 at 17:17
What's with the candles? Did Dave go goth?

Anways, as long as it doesn't sound like Risk, I'll be satisfied...
Xim - 09.09.2011 at 18:52
I'm pretty sure this is going to be awesome. Screw the haters.
Apothecary - 09.09.2011 at 20:21
Wasn't Black Swan a bonus track on the Japanese version of United Abominations or something?
bazinko - 09.09.2011 at 21:07
Written by Apothecary on 09.09.2011 at 20:21

You're right! I missed that. I really like that song too... but what the hell. That's the third track that's already been released...
Angelic Storm - 09.09.2011 at 21:22
Nope, "Black Swan" wasn't a Japanese bonus. lol It was a pre order bonus if you bought the album ("United Abominations") through their official website.

Written by bazinko on 09.09.2011 at 21:07

It's actually the 4th track that's already been released... "Sudden Death" was released as a single last year, as well as being included on Guitar Hero: Warriors Of Rock.
Zaphod - 09.09.2011 at 22:02
Ugly cover, shitty song, oh dear...
JakeTheSage - 09.09.2011 at 22:11
The singles so far have sounded really good, if a little stale in light of how much Dave's been recycling sounds lately.

This is their last record under the current contract, which Dave says he isn't interested in renewing. I don't know if that means he'll be retiring or just picking up a new deal somewhere. He seems really proud of this and I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to make it his swan song.
iMorphball - 10.09.2011 at 01:31
We've heard a good few songs off this record so far, -technically-. I'm excited to see the rerecordings of Millenium of the Blind and New World Order! Public Enemy and Sudden Death are great songs, and Black Swan is a great song, too.

I'm excited for this album.
redbackrecordz - 10.09.2011 at 06:32
Well obviously all the people who dont like the artwork or track list know everything about art, music and photoshop! Ha Ha what idiots! Who cares if its done in photoshop or a drawing by a 10 year old kid, im sure Megadeth dont give a shit about your moronic opinions anyway but why do we have to endure them too! If you dont have anything of any intelligence to say, dont bother! If your not a fan, dont listen or look. Leave the space for people who do like it, theres enough negativity in this world already thanks! Personally, I love the artwork and cant wait to hear the new album whether its got old songs or new ones, so stay metal or F..K OFF!
Angelic Storm - 10.09.2011 at 11:06
Written by redbackrecordz on 10.09.2011 at 06:32

So just because you don't agree with an opinion that makes it "moronic"? Please, grow up! Being a fan doesn't mean you have to praise every single thing they do you know. And I fail to see how not liking the artwork or taking issue with the tracklist is somehow a proclamation of "knowing everything" about art/music. I suppose the people who do like it don't fall into that category? Yay, double standards ahoy!

Being a real fan means giving your genuine, honest opinion about said band's work. Praising all a band's work purely because it is them isn't being a fan, it's being a sheep. Just because I don't think the artwork is amazing (although it is quite a bit better than the "Endgame" artwork!), and I widened my eyes a bit at seeing so many old songs being on the album, doesn't stop me from being a fan of Megadeth. And if you think it does, you have no inkling of what it means to be a true fan of music.
R'Vannith - 10.09.2011 at 12:16
The cover isn't terrible, also if you look close enough you can make out Vic's face in the centre. As for the song.. pretty standard fare I guess but solid nonetheless. If they can deliver an album full of such songs I'd be content.
Angelic Storm - 10.09.2011 at 12:35
Written by R'Vannith on 10.09.2011 at 12:16

Hey, well spotted! I never noticed that... Although his face has been hidden on a couple of their other album covers as well. And yep, the cover isn't terrible, its definitely superior to the "Endgame" cover, which was awful...
R'Vannith - 10.09.2011 at 12:50
Written by Angelic Storm on 10.09.2011 at 12:35

Written by R'Vannith on 10.09.2011 at 12:16

Yeah it's much better than Endgame, I think it's quite a decent album cover myself, the best one in quite a while at least.
Angelic Storm - 10.09.2011 at 16:44
Written by R'Vannith on 10.09.2011 at 12:50

It's the best cover since "The System Has Failed", and at least Vic is properly on ther cover this time! lol

However, looking at other artwork that will be featured on the vinyl special edition, I really think this one would have been better as the actual cover:

This one also great too! (and clever! if you look closely, you can see that each symbol represents each one of Megadeth's albums) xD

And here's another one...

Fredd - 10.09.2011 at 16:53
Those candles do not fit in, imo
Fenrisborg - 10.09.2011 at 17:54
Agreed. The album cover would have looked pretty cool without the candles.
Athropos - 10.09.2011 at 18:13
Written by Angelic Storm on 10.09.2011 at 16:44

They've put these symbols at the bottom of the actual cover as well.
Angelic Storm - 10.09.2011 at 20:43
Written by Athropos on 10.09.2011 at 18:13
They've put these symbols at the bottom of the actual cover as well.

I noticed that, and it is a very kewl feature of the cover! As for those taking issue with the candles, Id have to agree. Its not the fact that candles are there, it's the fact that the candles look as if they've been taken from an entirely different picture, and inserted into the image with Vic. It doesn't all look like the same image. lol :\
Daggon - 10.09.2011 at 23:41
The cover artwork is quite meh, those vinyl editions are pretty sweet, but oh well...
Ah, by the way, "Black Swan"?!? Really? that awful song from the "United Abominations" album? Oh my... Also other 3 songs we already know (Sudden Death, Millennium Of The Blind and New World Order).
My expectations are too low for this album, sorry Vic.
Opethian - 11.09.2011 at 00:13
Wow ... horrible, looks like this took exactly 2 minutes to whip up on Photoshop .. sloppy
redbackrecordz - 17.09.2011 at 02:42
Angelic Storm I think you must be the biggest Moron of them all, you have no idea about what your talking about
Angelic Storm - 17.09.2011 at 07:45
Written by redbackrecordz on 17.09.2011 at 02:42

After the childish and ridiculous previous post you made in this thread, I hardly think you're in any position to call me, or anyone else a moron.
R'Vannith - 17.09.2011 at 09:28
And I quote:
Written by redbackrecordz on 10.09.2011 at 06:32

...theres enough negativity in this world already thanks!

You're certainly not detracting from it
redbackrecordz - 18.09.2011 at 00:28
Youve obviously got nothing better to do than sitting around complaining about bands art work and track listings, I think thats more childish than anything! Why cant you just be happy that they have a new album coming out instead of picking it to bits before youve even got it!
HoleInTheSky1985 - 23.09.2011 at 15:05
Written by Angelic Storm on 10.09.2011 at 11:06

Well said my friend. Well said. Everyone always seems to forget that this is all opinion based. People get upset, I'm inthe same boat as you, sure I LOVE Megadeth and I will absolutely be buying this album, but is it a bit of a letdown that the cover is "eh?" or that 4 out of 13 songs I've heard already in one way or another? Too me, Yes. Now with that being said I am looking forward to these said 4 songs' reinterpretations, and heck maybe the album cover will grow with me. who knows, we shall find out in late Oct./Early Nov.!
Sepulnation - 14.10.2011 at 03:48
New world order
Sepulnation - 14.10.2011 at 03:49
Written by Sepulnation on 14.10.2011 at 03:48

New world order

millenium of the blind ??? hmmm
Troy Killjoy - 14.10.2011 at 04:17
Written by redbackrecordz on 10.09.2011 at 06:32
If your not a fan, dont listen or look.

I love that argument. "Don't make fun of my fave band, only comment if you wanna be a blind fanboy like me you assholes!"

The artwork is shit. The album is probably going to be shit. Enough said.
Silent Jay - 14.10.2011 at 18:37
Written by R'Vannith on 10.09.2011 at 12:50

Oh wow I completely overlooked that until now This album hasn't had my attention to the full yet anyway, with all the other stuff thats come out over the last couple of months, but I guess now it's the next one to look forward too. Hopefully having 4 tracks im already familiar with doesn't leave a bad taste as I enjoyed Endgame and would be good to see Megadeth making a real consistant comeback after United Abominations, which I initially enjoyed also but hasn't lasted well. Both tracks released so far are pretty good but nothing special but I'll keep some faith in 'ol Dave to deliver some awesome Thrash.

News Coronatus - New Album Title And Artwork Revealed 8.5 27.09.2008 by Black Conundrum
News Coronatus - New Album Artwork And Tracklist Revealed 8.5 27.11.2009 by LeChron James
News Soulfly - New Album Artwork And New Line-Up Video Revealed 8.5 18.01.2012 by 3rdWorld
News Cryptopsy - New Album Artwork And Tracklist Revealed 8.5 08.06.2012 by psykometal
News Diamond Plate - New Album Title And Artwork Revealed 8.5 11.07.2013 by Ritual_Suicide