A thirty-second song sample of the song "The View", created by the musical collaboration between Lou Reed and Metallica is now available online and you can watch it below. The song is taken from the upcoming album Lulu, available worldwide on October 31st via Universal Music and in North America on November 1st via Warner Bros. Records. The full song will hit online music retailers (iTunes, Amazon, etc.) on September 27th.

The album was produced by Lou Reed, Metallica, Hal Willner and Greg Fidelman, and mixed by Greg Fidelman.

Lulu tracklist:

01. Brandenburg Gate
02. The View
03. Pumping Blood
04. Mistress Dread
05. Iced Honey
06. Cheat On Me
07. Frustration
08. Little Dog
09. Dragon
10. Junior Dad

[Also thanks to Angel_Lament for sending in this news!]

Source: loureedmetallica.com
Band profile: Metallica

Posted: 19.09.2011 by Void Eater

Comments page 2 of 2

‹‹ Back to the News Pages: 1 [2]

Fredd - 19.09.2011 at 22:04
I wont judge the album based on this, for I have already decided that lulu licks balls.

Seriously, what's the point of releasing these 30 seconds of mediocrity?
Lit. - 19.09.2011 at 22:15
Figure I might as well post this since all these comments on here made me think of it:

John Shock - 19.09.2011 at 22:29
Written by Lit. on 19.09.2011 at 22:15

Like Dave Mustaine says: "What The Fuck Is This?" and now Krusty, The Clown says: "What The Hell Was That?"..........fuck...i'd listen to crap.........hey i love simpsons!
3rdWorldFuckface - 19.09.2011 at 22:47
I believe if it was atleast in the vein of Death magnetic..... it wud be OK !!!
malaikat - 19.09.2011 at 23:09
Written by Fredd on 19.09.2011 at 22:04

Seriously, what's the point of releasing these 30 seconds of mediocrity?

Mediocrity? That's generous
Kingface - 19.09.2011 at 23:12
Yeah, that sample is pretty pointless.
Daniell - 19.09.2011 at 23:50
After Dream Theater, another band on the way to oblivion pisses everyone off by releasing a 30 second snippet. Seriously, what the fuck is their point with these shreds of songs? Fuck them, I'm not buying this shit.
Fredd - 20.09.2011 at 00:52
Written by malaikat on 19.09.2011 at 23:09

Written by Fredd on 19.09.2011 at 22:04

Seriously, what's the point of releasing these 30 seconds of mediocrity?

Mediocrity? That's generous

After 2 relistens, yes, mediocrity is a praise for this. This is random banging on instruments.
Mattybu - 20.09.2011 at 00:55
Sounds like ass. Expectations have gone from low to the lowest possible....
Void Eater - 20.09.2011 at 01:28
Death To Posers - 20.09.2011 at 01:42
Sounds like its gonna suck
Captain Obvious - 20.09.2011 at 01:49
I never thought Metallica can out-crappify St. Anger... they proved me wrong
WorpeX - 20.09.2011 at 04:03
Even the many negative comments from other metalstorm members wasn't enough to prepare me for how horrible this clip really is. No thank you.
Black Conundrum - 20.09.2011 at 05:10
Hmm, the sample is receiving a lot of flack. I will listen to this song once the full version is available online. I find releasing snippets to be pointless; I would never want mere samples of my music to be released. With that said though, I am kind of tempted to listen to it for the lulz, but I don't know if I'll capitalize on that temptation.

Also, the first thing I thought about when I read the song title was that one show with the four or five women talking to each other about stuff.
theironarctica - 20.09.2011 at 10:28
I'm not gonna say this yet because the album is not out yet, but if this is all like that chunk of shit it will probably be the worst album of the year. Yes......even worse then Queensryche's newest effort....
Angelic Storm - 20.09.2011 at 15:43
Written by theironarctica on 20.09.2011 at 10:28
Yes......even worse then Queensryche's newest effort....

It would really have to be going some to beat that one! The new Queensryche makes the new Morbid Angel seem like an album of the year contender...
strade - 21.09.2011 at 04:12
Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb2IyBzXGiU
Winterthrone - 21.09.2011 at 07:16
Written by Unhealer on 19.09.2011 at 20:47

Written by Winterthrone on 19.09.2011 at 19:13

Ok, the sample is total crap, pure and simple crap. Why they chose that particular sample? Maybe the rest is even more stupid sounding...

It was amazon, not them... and you should know they always pick the worst samples (probably it's random).

Ok Mr. Ulrich, I don't care that much about Metallicash anyway, but I thought this cd with Lou Reed was an interesting idea. Now I have bigger doubts!
Cynic Metalhead - 21.09.2011 at 16:59
Deja Vu of Morbid Angel??
Fleabag - 23.09.2011 at 18:11
It's safe to say that they are no Slayer. Metallica have strayed badly from their roots and pumped out some mediocre shit in the last 15 years, apart from death magnetic. Unfortunately the experimental collaboration with Lou looks to be their new lowest point, who will be next on there list of nonsensical artists to record with: Yoko Ono? M&M? Bjork? or maybe Justin Bieber?
btbamfan20 - 24.09.2011 at 19:46
Written by Fleabag on 23.09.2011 at 18:11

I'd see them jumping on the Beiber wagon quick as spit lmao!!!
but no seriously, i thought that after Death Magnetic we would finally be getting the old sound (if just a tad). But hearing this, it seems Gaytallica are picking up where St. Anger left off... their downward spiral of shitty "metal" for the masses who really have no idea what real metal is. Thanks Gaytallica for brainwashing the masses once again into believing this is metal. Listen to some Shadows Fall or Lamb of God if u need some "calmer" metal. then once u understand that pov in metal, u would understand death metal or prog metal more and NOT turn ur nose at it because theres vocals u cant understand 90% of the time.

It would have been great if they kept their own sound they developed back in the ...and justice for all days...
Iron Nostarion - 25.09.2011 at 22:37
My God people are already almost reviewing the album from these 30 seconds.

If this album turns out to be decent and they intended to lower expectations through this sample, then that would be a very, very smart move. They would put low expectations, exceed 'em and thus be somewhat safe from disappointing the masses a lot.

If not, then people have already expected this and won't be as butthurt as when St. Anger fucked up everything.

I see including this shit part of the album is probably a good move both ways.
afu - 26.09.2011 at 07:02
The sample sucks. I've said before that I like both Lou reed and Metallica, but that was horrible. I'm hoping there will at least one cool song on it. After getting kicked of Napster for downloading a Metallica album I already owned three times, I'll probably pirate this.
The Shape 1973 - 26.09.2011 at 10:59
I was all ready to defend this as it was just 30 seconds. How can you judge an album from 30 seconds of one track? Now I've heard the whole song, I have more of an idea.

Its the biggest load of shit I've heard in ages. Lou Reed cannot sing, James is convinced he is a table??

I would imagine the rest of the album is worse, as the first track released is usually the best. Good bye Metallica.

Angelic Storm - 26.09.2011 at 11:19
Written by The Shape 1973 on 26.09.2011 at 10:59

Sadly, I can only agree. That song was absolutely terrible! Lou Reed can't sing at all, and after just a minute of hearing him "sing", it was becoming unbearable, and I couldn't finish listening to the rest of the song...

I really didn't think any album could come close to rivalling "Dedicated To Chaos" as my worst album of the year, but I think I may have to revise that opinion after hearing that horrendous song. Lou Reed may have written the whole album, but just by being involved in this project, Metallica are making themselves look bad as well. I've always steadfastly refused to jump on the bashing Metallica bandwagon as to my ears they've never released anything truly awful... until now. If the rest of the album is as bad as "The View" (which I have very little doubts that it will be), then for the first time ever, I'd feel unable to defend Metallica. I'm just going to ignore this, and hope they put out a proper new studio album soon to try and erase the memory of the abomination I just heard... *sighs*
Yavanna - 26.09.2011 at 14:08
Another 2011's letdown ?
Damn it, how many great bands are releasing bad albuns this year?

Pages: 1 [2]

News Metallica & Lou Reed - New Song Online 10.5 26.09.2011 by enumaelis
News Metallica & Lou Reed - Lulu Streaming Online In Its Entirety 9 20.10.2011 by Mad_Architect
News Lou Reed & Metallica - New Video Online 9 04.12.2011 by Malaghost
News Metallica - Collaboration Project With Lou Reed 7.5 16.06.2011 by Angelic Storm
News Metallica & Lou Reed - Reveal Album Cover Art 7.5 04.09.2011 by moe5512