US heavy metallers W.A.S.P. have announced that on September 21st, 2012 they will begin the 30 Years Of Thunder anniversary tour starting in the United Kingdom and continue worldwide.

The two-hour show will consist of three parts: A one-hour set contains songs from the first four albums. The second set will be a 25-minute shortened version of The Crimson Idol complete with the movie accompaniment. A third set will consist of material from the new studio album, older material and everything in between. This show will see multiple video screens, pyrotechnics, and elements from the early W.A.S.P. shows and Blackie's moving microphone stand Elvis.

Tour dates to be announced soon.

Source: bravewords.com
Band profile: W.A.S.P.

Posted: 22.09.2011 by Panzerchrist

Comments

Valentin B - 22.09.2011 at 10:17
Holy shit, awesome!
Koen Smits - 22.09.2011 at 13:12
I'll be there somewhere!
Angelic Storm - 22.09.2011 at 13:23
Woah, this is more like it! W.A.S.P. are great live, but it's always irritated me the short amount of time that they always play for! lol 2 hours at least, is how long a band like W.A.S.P. should play for, so I really hope I get a chance to see this! xD
Mountain King - 22.09.2011 at 14:29
That's my birthday. Awesome!...
Lit. - 22.09.2011 at 14:42
Now, this I gotta see!
Valentin B - 22.09.2011 at 17:26
Written by Angelic Storm on 22.09.2011 at 13:23

yeah, i'm pretty sure it's gonna be amazing stuff. instead of stretching Wild Child into a 6-minute epic and I Wanna Be Somebody to triple its studio length, now they're gonna have to cram all that sweet awesomeness in an over the top classic metal 2 hour orgasm.

now the only problem is, the first possible time i might see this is over a year away, a long wait, but definitely worth it.
iceland_Norway - 23.09.2011 at 03:17
Goddamnit Blackie Lawless must come in Rome, Italy
Angelic Storm - 23.09.2011 at 08:36
Written by Valentin B on 22.09.2011 at 17:26

I'm really hoping that with the first hour being dedicated soley to stuff from the first 4 albums, that it lets them unleash some rarely played album gems like "The Torture Never Stops", "The Last Command", "The Heretic", "Mean Man", and "Inside The Electric Circus". xD The "Crimson Idol" set will likely contain just 3 songs. As "Chainsaw Charlie" will almost certainly be played, and that will take up 10 of the 25 minutes just on it's own! (If they play the full album version, which I hope they do!)

I dunno what it means by the third set wiill contain "new studio album" songs... whether it means songs from "Babylon", or that they're working on a new album now that'll be out before the tour starts. Im hoping its the latter..

Ah well, at least it gives us adequate time to prepare for the awesomeness! lol

News W.A.S.P. - Dates For World Tour Announced 9 29.07.2006 by Daru Jericho
News Destruction - North American 30th Anniversary Tour Announced 7 26.02.2012 by LeChron James
News Leaves' Eyes - First Dates Of New World Tour Announced 5.5 15.09.2013 by 3rdWorld
News Saint Vitus - 35th Anniversary Tour Announced 5.5 12.03.2014 by toxx
News Freedom Call - 15th Anniversary Tour Announced 5.5 20.02.2013 by Bad English