Swedish metallers Opeth have premiered a new video for their song "The Devil's Orchard" at Pitchfork.com. Alternatively, you can watch it below. The song is off of the band's latest output, Heritage, out now via Roadrunner Records. The video for "The Devil's Orchard" was directed by Phil Mucci.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Opeth

Posted: 24.09.2011 by BudDa

Comments

corrupt - 24.09.2011 at 14:06
I guess 'pointless' would be a pretty accurate description. Come on guys, you can do better than this.
Iron Nostarion - 24.09.2011 at 15:55
Meh, it feels like Opeth is more prog-loyal than metal-loyal these days (I always thought they were this way anyway). Next thing you know, they go djent or just go on with this '70s shit.
Jiri - 24.09.2011 at 16:32
Watching the video really makes you realize how stupid this 70's prog shit really is.
malaikat - 24.09.2011 at 16:39
Written by Jiri on 24.09.2011 at 16:32

Yes, video is stupid (although interesting), but I don't see how "this 70's prog shit" is stupid. There's a lot of people who love 70s prog rock and this album - me included. Just because you don't like 70s prog doesn't mean that nobody does.
Evil Chip - 24.09.2011 at 17:22
It's kinda funny and cheesy.
Angel_Lament - 24.09.2011 at 17:53
Weird yet interesting...I think its all about symbolism.
BehzadSh - 24.09.2011 at 18:37
It could be better, but sucks really sucks. I like "Heritage" album and "The Devil's Orchard" very much, but video is pure SHIT
Introspekrieg - 24.09.2011 at 19:18
Premiere not Premier... video reminded me of Fantasia with the devil, but the woman in it was annoying.
yosterdude - 24.09.2011 at 21:12
Yup, they've gone full out prog now, I miss the good old Opeth, This stuff ain't bad, it's just not proper Opeth material if you ask me
bluegreengod - 24.09.2011 at 22:48
Lots of people complain about this video. I'll bet they actually tried to watch it sober. haha too bad.
Jiri - 24.09.2011 at 22:49
Written by malaikat on 24.09.2011 at 16:39

Written by Jiri on 24.09.2011 at 16:32

I meant Opeth's take on it. There are much better 70's prog albums than "Heritage". In my opinion, Opeth's new album does not compare to past albums of the same ilk. And the video just makes it worse for me...
psychoticone - 25.09.2011 at 00:02
There is some kind of insanity they want to show with this video, I cant figure out what anxiety is behind that but I'm starting to feel comfortable with this new vision. There is curiosity you can't deny.
Opethian - 25.09.2011 at 01:14
I have never cared for music videos, pointless IMO ..
INÆRIS - 25.09.2011 at 01:46
It's interesting, but then again, have they ever had a music video that was absolutely breathtaking? I think their music is hard to put into visuals. It's interesting they chose The Devil's Orchard for a video. I think it's one of the weaker songs on the record.
Sworn - 25.09.2011 at 02:15
Opeth has lost everything that made them unique. Now they are just another progressive rock band.
Unhealer - 25.09.2011 at 03:48
Opeth never cares about their videos, they said it on an interview (well, Mikael did).
Roadrunner wants the single to be spread with a videoclip and they just go and film the video (in this case, not even that).

All Opeth videos are bad, it's a rule guys
Actually, this was a cool idea for a videoclip, but it didn't like it too much.
kurokamen - 25.09.2011 at 05:19
They forgot to include the note at the beginning: "the following video requieres viewers to be under the effect of a psycotropic drug (LSD, ICE, etc)"
Monolithic - 25.09.2011 at 13:28
All I can say is: "Weird and Amusing"
I Never had any serious interest in Music Videos, but I don't think this video could be a MAJOR turning point for the band.
advent - 26.09.2011 at 02:16
No comment.
Mad_Architect - 26.09.2011 at 02:56
Written by kurokamen on 25.09.2011 at 05:19

Not to be nitpicky, but I think you mean "psychedelic"....couldn't help it being a huge advocate of acid. Having said that, even while tripping....this video and album are nothing special. (;
Grody2themax - 26.09.2011 at 07:35
Written by Mad_Architect on 26.09.2011 at 02:56

Written by kurokamen on 25.09.2011 at 05:19

So cool that trip man, you must be really gnar..

Written by Jiri on 24.09.2011 at 22:49

Written by malaikat on 24.09.2011 at 16:39

Written by Jiri on 24.09.2011 at 16:32

Heritage, from what Ive listened to, is pretty good addition to that whole sort of genre.

70's prog is awesome to. If you don't like it then fine, but theres more to music than metal.
Flashok - 26.09.2011 at 10:02
Love the new album but this video was too stereotypically and not to mention poorly executed.. How i wish they incorporated more of the beautiful album artwork
ScanDoppelganger - 27.09.2011 at 10:51
This video would be awesome if the devil the only point of focus.
Benjamin - 01.10.2011 at 15:29
Dear Opeth, Please accept my wholehearted condolences for your devastating change of direction and significant loss of fans. These are difficult times for you, but as always you'll stay true to task and carry on, but from now it is without me. Regards, Benjamin.
Roro - 01.10.2011 at 17:59
Sorry but i dont like the new opeth. and the video is.... no comment!
dr.death - 05.10.2011 at 13:46
Absolutely love the new Opeth which is actually old school progressive. They knew it was going to piss off some "fans" and they don't care one bit. Any band that dares to take on the task of exploring their talents instead of rehashing the music over and over gets huge props from me. At least Opeth know who their real fans are now.

News Opeth - New Video Available Online 7.5 15.11.2008 by -DC-002-
News Opeth - Edit Of New Song And Video Online 7.5 23.04.2008 by Clint W.
News Opeth - New Video Interview Posted Online 7.5 07.09.2006 by ThunderAxe1989
News Cephalic Carnage - Premier New Video Online 5.5 02.10.2010 by CHEF METALHEAD
News Korpiklaani - To Debut New Video On MySpace 4 12.06.2009 by Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk