Niklas Kvarforth, founder and frontman of Swedish Extreme Metallers Shining, has announced details of the upcoming release of a solo project that will chart fifteen years of his often controversial musical career. Fifteen Years Of Absolute Darkness, scheduled for release on Spinefarm Records on the 7th December this year, will feature 15 tracks from various bands on which Kvarforth has guested on vocals.

Included are tracks from bands such as Gravdal, Bethlehem, The Vision Bleak, Den Saakaldte, as well as a previously unreleased alternative version of Shining's "Förtvivlan, Min Arvedel". The double CD will come with a lavishly illustrated booklet which contains Kvarforth's comments on all the tracks.

Three songs from the album, "Salvation Through Vengeance", "Bli Med Mig" and "A Darkblue Afternoon", can be streamed here.

Fifteen Years Of Absolute Darkness tracklist:

Comments

Jiri - 04.10.2011 at 20:39
Awkward...
Troy Killjoy - 04.10.2011 at 21:45
Yes please.
Marcel Hubregtse - 04.10.2011 at 22:13
He already totally destroyed Bethlehem's rerecording of Suizid, so now he's gonna destroy songs by other bands as well?
Vombatus - 04.10.2011 at 22:45
I think he has a nice voice, but he tries to hard with all that drug-shit and pretending to be deranged... This release looks useless, only meant to satisfy his huge ego.
Mr. Doctor - 04.10.2011 at 23:04
Written by Vombatus on 04.10.2011 at 22:45

My problem with Kvarforth is that his voice is awesome... but in his own field. I always feel like he sounds out of place in other bands that aren't shining or an own project. And yes, his ego and the whole pretending-I'm-fucked-up-all-the-time is quite annoying as well
Black Conundrum - 05.10.2011 at 03:10
I was thinking that Niklas would put Kvarforth his own solo material, but I guess that's not the case. I guess it's just a compilation of what he's done in the past with all those bands. That's surely a different way of doing things. EDIT: He does kind of have an ego though...
LeChron James - 05.10.2011 at 08:32
Gimme a pair of those gloves.

News Shining - To Re-Record Older Songs For Special Release 6 21.06.2013 by J. N.
News Niklas Kvarforth - Shining Frontman To Publish Book Of Lyrics 6 04.11.2012 by DevilishSong
News Shining - Release Teaser And Art For Split With Mortuary Drape 6 04.04.2013 by Bad English
News Yakuza - Frontman To Release Solo Album 5.5 16.11.2010 by
News Between The Buried And Me - Frontman To Release Solo Album 5.5 01.12.2010 by Black Conundrum