German power metal band Iron Savior, recently signed to AFM Records, has unveiled the cover art for their upcoming album The Landing. The artwork was created by Felipe Machado Franco. The album is scheduled for release on November 18th, 2011.

The band is also streaming the new track "Heavy Metal Never Dies" at this location. More album details will be released soon.

The Landing tracklist and covert art:

01. Descending
11. No Guts No Glory

Source: metalunderground.com
Band profile: Iron Savior

Posted: 14.10.2011 by Flower Metal

Comments

Baz Anderson - 14.10.2011 at 14:26
I am so so looking forward to this. Still love this band.
BloodTears - 14.10.2011 at 14:48
I see Felipe Machado Franco does a lot of power metal covers. I've been noticing that lately.
Rulatore - 14.10.2011 at 15:32
I like their firs album, but didnt hear anything after that one ( just the last one, which I dont like ), this song is cool, I'll check some other old stuff later
Metal Invader - 14.10.2011 at 15:49
Good song..hope the rest will be better
Baz Anderson - 14.10.2011 at 16:32
Written by Rulatore on 14.10.2011 at 15:32

Try "Dark Assault" and "Condition Red" - these are my favourite two I think...
Mountain King - 14.10.2011 at 16:37
Heavy Metal Never Dies kicks so much ass. What a great song, i never thought it would good because of it's title. And this is their best artwork till now...
Rulatore - 14.10.2011 at 16:40
Written by Baz Anderson on 14.10.2011 at 16:32

Try "Dark Assault" and "Condition Red" - these are my favourite two I think...

I'll try them, Baz, dont really know why I stoped at their first album thanks for the tip
Angelic Storm - 14.10.2011 at 17:22
Yay they're back! Love this band and Piet Sielck! xD
Metal George - 14.10.2011 at 20:04
Awesome news! I thought they quit.
RavenKing - 15.10.2011 at 05:07
Written by BloodTears on 14.10.2011 at 14:48

Indeed. And the fact he always uses the same colors (blue and orange) make a lot of album covers look kinda similar.
SMAX - 15.10.2011 at 22:02
Absolutely love this band. Hope this album sounds more like their old stuff and less like megatropolis though.
The Shape 1973 - 16.10.2011 at 14:58
Good to hear some new stuff, but don't like the chorus. Pretty much every song about heavy metal sucks. To The Metal anyone?
RavenKing - 16.10.2011 at 16:58
The new song is way too soft and slow for this band. Generic and unimpressive.
And I hate 'Hail Metal' songs. It's not as awful as "To The Metal", however.
Angelic Storm - 16.10.2011 at 17:52
Most "hail metal" songs do suck, though "Heavy Metal (Is The Law)" by Helloween is an awesome song.
RavenKing - 16.10.2011 at 18:26
Written by Angelic Storm on 16.10.2011 at 17:52

I like this one. But, unlike most 'Hail Metal' songs that sound like standard Heavy Metal or verge on hard rock, this one is a real melodic Speed Metal song. "Heavy Metal Universe", by Gamma Ray, is not bad either, though I prefer by far "Heavy Metal Is The Law".
Angelic Storm - 16.10.2011 at 18:44
Written by RavenKing on 16.10.2011 at 18:26

"Metal Invaders" from the same album ("Walls Of Jericho") is also a "hail metal" song, which is also amazing. Yep, "Heavy Metal Universe" is another good one, if not as good as those Helloween ones. Generally speaking, "hail metal" songs sound silly and cheesy unless they are great musically, which doesn't often happen. Kai Hansen has shown both the right and wrong ways to write songs about metal, with "To The Metal" being both boring and cheesy. The electrifying power of the early Helloween metal anthems negate any cheesiness in the lyrics as the music is so powerful... just my take on it I guess. lol
RavenKing - 16.10.2011 at 19:45
Written by Angelic Storm on 16.10.2011 at 18:44

"Metal Invaders" is a good song.
Yes, I think most 'Hail Metal' songs sound silly and cheesy, indeed.

Early Helloween is much more powerful musically than modern Powermetal. I don't consider this stuff as cheesy.
The difference is this kind of Powermetal, just like early Blind Guardian, was still deeply rooted in Speed Metal, unlike what people consider now as Powermetal (and that I often call cheesemetal or flowermetal).
If Powermetal was still kinda like "Walls Of Jericho", I would have much more respect for the genre.
Angelic Storm - 16.10.2011 at 20:16
Written by RavenKing on 16.10.2011 at 19:45
"Metal Invaders" is a good song.
Yes, I think most 'Hail Metal' songs sound silly and cheesy, indeed.

Well, the problem with "hail netal" type songs, is it instantly brings to mind stuff like Manowar, who are the epitome of awful cheesiness. I'd say that stuff like "Heavy Metal (Is The Law)" isn't really cheesy, because the music captures the power, essence, and aggression of metal, and so the lyrics just completely fit with the music and don't sound naff at all.

It is definitely possible to make good "metal anthems", Helloween and some others have done it right, but when it's of the Manowar type, that's when it's embaressingly cheesy, and ironically, not metal at all. At least not to me...
RavenKing - 16.10.2011 at 20:32
Written by Angelic Storm on 16.10.2011 at 20:16

Written by RavenKing on 16.10.2011 at 19:45
"Metal Invaders" is a good song.
Yes, I think most 'Hail Metal' songs sound silly and cheesy, indeed.

Totally agreed on Manowar. It's pure awful cheese and embarrassing. And, like you say, not metal from my point of view.
Playing-wise, Manowar do not elevate themselves higher than at a hard rock level.

Manowar is a band I especially despise. I mean, Imo, bands like Metallica and Iron Maiden suck nowadays but at least they released worthy albums long ago. Manowar never released anything worthy.
mikeprado30 - 17.10.2011 at 04:57
Written by RavenKing on 16.10.2011 at 19:45

Agreed totally. "Walls of Jericho" and "Imaginations From The Other Side" are the best PM albums ever released. Even though I love so much albums and songs from the genre (and the road that it took recently).
Marcel Hubregtse - 17.10.2011 at 12:34
Written by Angelic Storm on 16.10.2011 at 18:44

Written by RavenKing on 16.10.2011 at 18:26

Well Whiplash and Metal Militia by Metallica and Heavy Metal Maniac by Exciter and Metal COmmand are also sort of hail metal type songs and they are quite decent to be honest
BloodTears - 17.10.2011 at 13:20
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.10.2011 at 12:34

Written by Angelic Storm on 16.10.2011 at 18:44

Written by RavenKing on 16.10.2011 at 18:26

"Whiplash" is actually a very good fun song.
Angelic Storm - 17.10.2011 at 14:45
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.10.2011 at 12:34

"Whiplash" and "Metal Militia" are more than just "quite decent", if you ask me. I haven't heard the Exciter track, so I can't comment on that one...

Manowar type "hail metal" songs are awful, but quite a few bands have done great metal anthems. xD
Marcel Hubregtse - 17.10.2011 at 16:10
Written by Angelic Storm on 17.10.2011 at 14:45

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.10.2011 at 12:34

I was using what is probably THE understatement of my posting career here on MS by calling those 4 songs "quite decent" especially Whiplash, Metal Militia and Metal Command are top notch and totally awesome
as for Manowar type hail metal songs... the less said, the better
Angelic Storm - 17.10.2011 at 20:15
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.10.2011 at 16:10
as for Manowar type hail metal songs... the less said, the better

100% agreed, hence why I replied in the way I did!

And yep, I'll say no more about that... hehee *zips mouth closed*
RavenKing - 18.10.2011 at 01:10
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.10.2011 at 16:10

Written by Angelic Storm on 17.10.2011 at 14:45

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.10.2011 at 12:34

I never liked Metallica, always found it quite overrated, but even a non-Metallica fan like me can admit that these songs are good.
Baz Anderson - 21.10.2011 at 16:20
New video on here:

The Shape 1973 - 25.10.2011 at 22:39
Written by Baz Anderson on 21.10.2011 at 16:20

New video on here:

Wasn't too keen on the first single, but this is brilliant. Quite funny to watch him part way through the video singing from a notepad with the words on.

News Iron Savior - New Album Tracklist And Full Art Revealed 10.5 26.12.2013 by 3rdWorld
News Iron Savior - New Album Details 10.5 03.04.2007 by Nickferatu367
News Finntroll - New Album Details Revealed 7 29.01.2013 by Opethian
News Nachtmystium - New Album Details Revealed 7 07.04.2010 by !J.O.O.E.!
News Trollfest - New Album Details Revealed 7 09.10.2008 by iceland_Norway