Official press release:

Napalm Records is very proud to announce that the Swedish doom metal legend Candlemass has joined their ranks. The band is currently working on material for their farewell album, which is tentatively scheduled for a spring 2012 release.

Candlemass: "Now it is official, Swedish doom 'meisters' Candlemass have signed with Austrian Napalm Records for their 11th and last studio album. The band is very happy and excited about this and are looking forward to work with such a great and growing label as Napalm, home of cool bands like Monster Magnet, Karma To Burn, and Isole."

Candlemass are currently working on new material and will do one last recording in December, for a spring release. The famous Stockholm doom metalists plan to do numerous shows around the world on a farewell tour that hopefully will take them to uncharted C-mass territories such as Australia, Japan, China and Asia, as well as to the great European summer festivals, USA and South America.

Candlemass have had a long and very successful career. Inventors of Doom in 1986 with the colossal Epicus Doomicus Metallicus and worldwide breakthrough the year after with Nightfall. The band disbanded in 1993 after eight years and six albums that today have reached legendary status.

In 2004 Candlemass reformed with their classic line-up featuring the fearsome monk Messiah Marcolin. Massive success again! The white reunion album (2005) took the band to new levels of sales and fame! With King Of The Grey Islands and Death Magic Doom, Candlemass cemented their reputation...owned the record of the month lists, played packed halls all over the world, and celebrated 25 years as a band more popular than ever! Texan Robert Lowe took over the vocal duties in 2007. Candlemass - 3 Decades of Doom!

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: Candlemass

Posted: 16.10.2011 by BudDa

Comments

Mr. Doctor - 16.10.2011 at 12:47
Wtf..... I didn't know they were gonna disband... wtf.
Ag Fox - 16.10.2011 at 15:08
Written by Mr. Doctor on 16.10.2011 at 12:47

Wtf..... I didn't know they were gonna disband... wtf.
+1 D:
hope they end on a high note
deflektor - 16.10.2011 at 17:03
Well,they have split-up two times already so i don't think that the upcoming farewell tour (and album) will be the last time that we gonna see them .
Ozman - 16.10.2011 at 17:08
Written by deflektor on 16.10.2011 at 17:03

as far as I know they more or less only split up once.
Amatsu Mikaboshi - 16.10.2011 at 18:29
Disbanding?!?

First Cathedral. Now Candlemass...
Troy Killjoy - 16.10.2011 at 20:34
Not really a surprise, but still shitty to hear.

I hope they release a pop album or something just to fuck with everybody. Or maybe something along the lines of The Browning.
Ozman - 16.10.2011 at 20:48
"Inventors Doom"? that's a bit rich with pure doom bands such as Saint Vitus and Trouble already releasing stuff before 1986. "Inventors of Epic Doom" I can live with but not with "Inventors of Doom"
Bloody Rain - 16.10.2011 at 22:34
I don't suppose their going to be going across Canada on their farewell tour. Oh well...
blackvelvet - 17.10.2011 at 00:43
Why are they braking up?? Does anybody know?? I hope they come to Argentina, we never got to see them live!!
Black Conundrum - 17.10.2011 at 01:13
I heard about this yesterday. I think it's delightful that they've signed to Napalm Records, but a slight downer that they're disbanding. I wil want to catch them around if they'll be in Colorado or elsewhere nearby where I am at the time. Also, while they have split up twice before, I wouldn't be surprised either way if they reunited or stayed split up. Hell, Blue Cheer had five activity stints; in my mind, that is a record. Candlemass can't reunite forever, though, and I can respect their decision to part ways soon. 2012 is shaping up to be a transformative year for doom metal, with the likes of Candlemass and Cathedral kicking it.
Daggon - 17.10.2011 at 07:16
Written by Ozman on 16.10.2011 at 20:48

I was thinking kinda the same, I felt bad when I read that line hahaha.
Oh, so bad to see they'll disband in a near future, I still have to see them playing live, but that seems unlikely to happen.
Jon - 17.10.2011 at 17:40
Horns crossed for a Singapore show... might be the last chance to see em
GT - 17.10.2011 at 22:15
Really bad news that they're splitting up. Hope I'll be able to catch a show on their farewell tour
Slayer666 - 18.10.2011 at 10:58
Not much of a fan of these guys, but it sucks that they're disbanding...
Bad English - 18.10.2011 at 11:09
Written by Amatsu Mikaboshi on 16.10.2011 at 18:29

Disbanding?!?

First Cathedral. Now Candlemass...

who cares if catghedral will continue like guessing game what was big let down and weekest generaly speeking big shit , shame Cathedral, better band splits
Candlemass etleast play good doom so far
M C Vice - 20.10.2011 at 11:27
For their final album, I hope they get Langquist, Marcolin, Vikstrom and the other singer (don't know his name) to all sing with Lowe on a new version of The Sorcerer's Pledge. All 5 on the one song would be really awsome.
Swietowit11 - 22.10.2011 at 07:12
On the bright side, this means that we may see a new Solitude Aeturnus album soon.

News Diabulus In Musica - Ink Deal With Napalm Records, New Album Details 10 12.12.2011 by Susan
News 5 Star Grave - Ink Deal WIth Massacre Records, New Album Next Year 8.5 28.10.2011 by Troy Killjoy
News Majesty - Ink Deal With NoiseArt Records, New Album Update 8.5 10.11.2012 by Baz Anderson
News Aosoth - Ink Deal With Agonia Records, New Album And EP Next Year 8.5 18.10.2011 by Troy Killjoy
News Xandria - Ink Deal With Napalm Records 8.5 19.08.2011 by Elodie Artour