Canadian doom black metallers Woods Of Ypres have shared an advance mix of a new song entitled "Career Suicide (Is Not Real Suicide)" taken from their upcoming new album Woods V: Grey Skies & Electric Light. You can listen to it below. The new album will be released in early 2012 through Earache Records.

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: Woods Of Ypres

Posted: 29.10.2011 by Grimskallen

Comments

Troy Killjoy - 29.10.2011 at 19:11
Huh? I thought they called it quits a year ago. I even remember them selling their leftover CDs in bundle packages at discount prices.
Marcel Hubregtse - 29.10.2011 at 19:13
Written by Troy Killjoy on 29.10.2011 at 19:11

IV has been rereleased by either Peacevill or Earache so I doubt they called it quits.
Troy Killjoy - 29.10.2011 at 19:17
Maybe I'm confused about the break-up... It could have been a split with their previous label and they were selling all their albums on their former label. I dunno.

EDIT: http://www.myspace.com/woodsofypres/blog/533529456

Nevermind, it was due to Krankenhaus Records Mailorder Distribution shutting down. My bad.
Evilquince - 30.10.2011 at 03:40
My god, this is amazing. I'm gonna be afraid of myself when Woods V comes out.
0mn1v0r3 - 30.10.2011 at 05:05
What happened was David Gold went to the Middle East and told everyone they were breaking up, then they signed to Earache a few months later and rereleased Woods 4 and released woods 4.5: Home (single). Then when David returned he began piecing together Woods 5. Its kind of like a mock version of what Type O did with the "Eter Steele is dead" thing
Troy Killjoy - 30.10.2011 at 06:07
Written by 0mn1v0r3 on 30.10.2011 at 05:05
Its kind of like a mock version of what Type O did with the "Peter Steele is dead" thing

You mean before he actually died.
0mn1v0r3 - 30.10.2011 at 06:21
Yeah the first time when it was a stunt
Destryphior - 30.10.2011 at 13:28
Am I the only one that this song is a bit too fast and too catchy? I really prefered the slowerand darker songs by WoY, like A Meeting Place and Time.. Hopefully the rest of the album will bring some better songs..
0mn1v0r3 - 02.11.2011 at 07:32
They are never going to sound like that again, stop expecting it and you won't be disappointed anymore. The band is an autobiographical expression of the frontman, it's his band, he is gonna play what he wants and he seems to like finnish metal, post rock, black metal, crusty sludge, and doom so that is what his music is gonna sound like. I have a feeling this will be like Wet leather, it'll be the most catchy song on the album and the rest will be a bit catchier than Woods IV but still complex and unique. What I've told everyone who bitches about this band, if you want to listen to black metal that sounds like Woods of Ypres demo, write some -____-
Troy Killjoy - 02.11.2011 at 08:39
Don't get your panties in a wad Omnivore he was just expressing his appreciation for older material.

News Woods Of Ypres - New Song Available Online 12 02.12.2011 by Ag Fox
News Woods Of Ypres - New Song Online 10.5 21.12.2011 by Absak
News Trivium - Another New Song Available Online 7 21.08.2013 by Hallford9000
News The Browning - New Song Available Online 7 18.09.2011 by metal2000
News Cormorant - New Song Online, First Releases Now Available For Free Download 7 24.09.2011 by Tornado Of Souls