Finnish extreme power metallers Children Of Bodom have announced a North American headlining tour in celebration of the band's 15th Anniversary.

Presented by ESP in association with Full Metal Jackie, the quindecennial trek will kick off on January 30, 2012 in Rochester, NY and run through March 4, hitting 26 cities over the course of the five week jaunt.

Support on the tour will come from Swiss folk metal band Eluveitie, Boston extreme metal band Revocation and Canada's Threat Signal.

North American tour dates:

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Children Of Bodom
Event: Children Of Bodom: 15th Anniversary North American Tour

Posted: 08.11.2011 by Panzerchrist

Comments

Troy Killjoy - 08.11.2011 at 21:49
I'm not gonna lie this looks like one of the worst tours ever assembled.
imspazzen - 08.11.2011 at 22:33
Did they really need to book 4 shows in Texas?
Troy Killjoy - 08.11.2011 at 22:50
Everything is bigger in Texas.
Arian Totalis - 08.11.2011 at 22:51
@Imspazzen: lol yeah that's kind of funny.

Totally gonna see this show though, even though it doesn't look that great.
J. N. - 08.11.2011 at 23:24
Written by Troy Killjoy on 08.11.2011 at 21:49

I'm not gonna lie this looks like one of the worst tours ever assembled.

Location or bandwise?
Bloodshotmage - 09.11.2011 at 00:18
No Chicago area show?
Rulatore - 09.11.2011 at 00:55
Quite interesting line-up, seems cool
pisymbol - 09.11.2011 at 01:45
Written by J. N. on 08.11.2011 at 23:24

Written by Troy Killjoy on 08.11.2011 at 21:49

I'm not gonna lie this looks like one of the worst tours ever assembled.

Location or bandwise?

I saw CoB with DT, Obscura, and Septic Flesh. I spoke to Devin after the show. Let's just say it was an odd mix. However, I thought everyone brought something good to the table.

I agree with Troy IFF he means that the bands together just don't gel. But all the acts are solid IMO.

EDIT: I had drinks with John from Threat Signal at another show who is also a cool dude.
Super_Greg - 09.11.2011 at 06:51
Written by pisymbol on 09.11.2011 at 01:45

Written by J. N. on 08.11.2011 at 23:24

Written by Troy Killjoy on 08.11.2011 at 21:49

I'm not gonna lie this looks like one of the worst tours ever assembled.

Location or bandwise?

I caught that tour too. It was an odd mix, and I wish Obscura had less time, Septicflesh had more time, and Iwish Devin headlined lol. Bodom played long as fuck and bored me to be honest ;(
Super_Greg - 09.11.2011 at 06:52
Written by pisymbol on 09.11.2011 at 01:45

Written by J. N. on 08.11.2011 at 23:24

Written by Troy Killjoy on 08.11.2011 at 21:49

I'm not gonna lie this looks like one of the worst tours ever assembled.

Location or bandwise?

Troy Killjoy - 09.11.2011 at 07:54
Written by J. N. on 08.11.2011 at 23:24
Location or bandwise?

I don't think any of these bands have anything to do with each other and have no idea what the theme is. :/

Mix-and-mash night?
Milena - 09.11.2011 at 15:09
Written by Troy Killjoy on 09.11.2011 at 07:54

Mix-and-mash night?

I beg the pardon of all people on MS for this crude generalizing, but it seems to me that American people are quite the fans of mixing and mashing, every recently announced USA/NA tour had at least a couple of comments how the bands don't go together but people keep putting together tours like that and the fans keep going.

Anyway, better a semi-badly put together tour than no tour at all. Children of Bodom never visited my country. And I'd like to see them. Their music makes me crave a beer or two, and I'm a straight edge type of person. Total party & headbang music.
Troy Killjoy - 09.11.2011 at 19:32
Written by Milena on 09.11.2011 at 15:09

Mix and mash was kind of a play on mix and match.

As in mashing them together like potatoes. Several different kinds of potatoes. Sure they're all potatoes at the end of the day, but they all have their distinct qualities about them and throwing them all together like that just doesn't seem wise.

Although I guess we North Americs don't care about themes in our tours. One band from every genre is better than five bands from the same genre?
Milena - 09.11.2011 at 20:08
Written by Troy Killjoy on 09.11.2011 at 19:32

Mix and mash was kind of a play on mix and match.

Misread as always. And yeah, it is, so quit complaining, you have TOURS! You don't have to cross borders! It's a gift exclusive to some parts of this planet. Not that I don't get it though.
Troy Killjoy - 09.11.2011 at 20:11
Written by Milena on 09.11.2011 at 20:08
And yeah, it is, so quit complaining, you have TOURS!

I don't like to leave my house. Crowds scare me. I don't attend gigs.
Milena - 09.11.2011 at 20:16
Written by Troy Killjoy on 09.11.2011 at 20:11

I don't like to leave my house. Crowds scare me. I don't attend gigs.

Let's trade places.
(I wish we lived in fantasy-tinged sitcoms where people actually COULD trade places for a day or two)
Troy Killjoy - 09.11.2011 at 20:19
Written by Milena on 09.11.2011 at 20:16
Let's trade places.

I don't know anyone in Serbia. I'd quite literally never leave your house and I'd probably die there just so you could catch a few scatterbrained tours.

DEAL.
Winterthrone - 09.11.2011 at 21:23
Written by Troy Killjoy on 09.11.2011 at 20:11

Written by Milena on 09.11.2011 at 20:08
And yeah, it is, so quit complaining, you have TOURS!

I don't like to leave my house. Crowds scare me. I don't attend gigs.

And you complain about the line-up of a tour while you never attended a single gig...lol Thats like a single with no kids complaining about the opening hours of a kindergarden. I think the line-up is not so bad, I've seen worse. The only band I don't like is Threat Signal, saw them with Dark tranquillity...generic stuff.
Troy Killjoy - 09.11.2011 at 21:25
Written by Winterthrone on 09.11.2011 at 21:23

I just commented on the tour, never complained.
Winterthrone - 09.11.2011 at 21:27
Written by Troy Killjoy on 09.11.2011 at 21:25

Written by Winterthrone on 09.11.2011 at 21:23

I just commented on the tour, never complained.

No harsh feelings buddy, just found it funny...;)
Troy Killjoy - 09.11.2011 at 21:29
Written by Winterthrone on 09.11.2011 at 21:27
No harsh feelings buddy, just found it funny...;)

No worries. I don't go to gigs or anything but sometimes I see these kinds of tours and I just think to myself...if I was the kind of guy who went to these shows, would I go see this?

And a lot of the times the NA tours result in me thinking no. Some Euro tours on the other hand just seem like they're more appropriately themed, like the bands that play together are more...alike.

Going from CoB to Threat Signal? That's just too weird for me. I wouldn't even like that combination in a playlist.
Winterthrone - 09.11.2011 at 21:39
I think the problem is it's more expensive to tour NA since there is more distance between the gigs and also since a lot of Metal bands come from Europe and have to get here by plane...So the promoters, record companies and booking agencies are trying to put as many bands together on the same tour to make the tour profitable or at least not to loose money. They must think that if they put a lot of bands of different genres on the same tour they will get more fans of different bands and they'll have to plan only one tour instead of two or three different tours with similar bands. I don't know if that makes sense but that's how I see it.

News Children Of Bodom - North American Tour With Týr 10.5 29.10.2013 by Loathera
Events CAN, Montreal, QC - Children Of Bodom: 15th Anniversary North American Tour 9 21.02.2012 by MadEvil
Articles Children of Bodom - 15 year Anniversary Tour - Gothic Theater, Englewood, CO, 7th February 2011 7.5 11.02.2012 by Windrider
News Destruction - North American 30th Anniversary Tour Announced 7 26.02.2012 by LeChron James
Events USA, Phoenix, AZ - Children Of Bodom: N. American Tour 6 01.09.2009 by Folkbill