Vocalist Mark Hunter of US metallers Chimaira has issued the following statement on the band's website:

"I would like to start off by thanking our fans for a great tour. This last run was a blast, and truly the most fun we've had in a long while. The energy from the audience was exactly what we needed, and a welcoming return. Thank you guys!

Unfortunately, as much fun as we were having, behind the scenes we were aware of some unfortunate realities that prevented us from "living the dream" and having the time of our lives. We had another bomb to drop on the fans.

Early in July we were informed that Rob Arnold and Matt DeVries would be leaving Chimaira at the end of 2011. Of course this was a huge blow, but there were no hard feelings. We understand that life invades art, everything runs its course, and we have to take different paths. We respect their decision and wish them only the best. We made heavy metal history together and that is all that matters at the end of the day. Chimaira Christmas 12 will be their last show, and we've been preparing to make it one that you'll never forget.

I would personally like to thank Rob and Matt for all of their hard work, years of service to Chimaira, amazing songs, and for their friendship. Together we built something special that will remain for generations to come. I'm looking forward to spending another 5 weeks on the road with two of the best (and criminally underrated) guitarists in modern metal.

What's next for Chimaira in 2012? More on that very soon. Rather than try and make light of unpleasant news, or downplay this by hyping up a new line-up, let's take a few to honor Rob and Matt. My favorite solo of Rob's is on "The Heart Of It All" and my favorite riff of Matt's is "The Dehumanizing Process". I'll be cranking those today. What about you? See you in Detroit."

Source: chimaira.com
Band profile: Chimaira

Posted: 10.11.2011 by White Winter Sun

Comments

Troy Killjoy - 10.11.2011 at 21:13
So...what, it's JUST Mark Hunter now?
White Winter Sun - 10.11.2011 at 21:19
Written by Troy Killjoy on 10.11.2011 at 21:13

So...what, it's JUST Mark Hunter now?

If you exclude tour musicians, Mark seems to be the only remaining current member.
Troy Killjoy - 10.11.2011 at 21:20
Rough. At least he's got a chance for a fresh start. I wonder who he's looking at to fill the vacancies. :/
Mundus - 10.11.2011 at 21:33
This is by far the classiest "this guy is leaving my band" speech I've ever read.
RockeRoy - 10.11.2011 at 21:36
Anyone knows why both guys quit? anyhow.. judging from the last record they sounded uninspired and alot of the riffs just plain bad. Thats kind of the story for the guitars in Chimaira throught their career... 50/50 good and bad riffs. The good ones are realy good and the bad ones screams of uninspired space fillings more than in any band IMO.
Inshushinak - 10.11.2011 at 21:40
CHIMAIRA IS DEAD , IMO.
-Morbid- - 10.11.2011 at 22:05
I'll have to watch and see where Arnold goes, I really like his solos on the self titled album. Dunno about the other albums since all the tracks I've sampled off of them didn't really impress me enough to pick them up.
JD - 10.11.2011 at 22:10
What about their drummer? When did he...ZOMG
psykometal - 10.11.2011 at 23:41
I am not surprised, I actually saw this coming. I saw them play with SFU this summer for Summer Slaughter and they looked happier and more energetic playing with SFU then I recall them being the last couple times I saw Chimaira. Now let's see how long it takes SFU to release a statement that they have accepted Rob and Matt as full time members. Let's be honest people Chimaira haven't been Chimaira since Andols left the first time, The Impossibilty of Reason was their last great album imo; the eponymous was pure crap (it was their version of Metallica's black album, and even sounded like the black album here and there and had very similar artwork; it was especially embaressing for Kevin Talley), Resurrection was a lot better than eponymous but still not as good as Impossibility, The Infection was very bland, The Age of Hell was better than Infection but not Resurrection. Unless Mark is going to try to bring back the angsty aggression of Impossibility (which is the reason I became a fan of Chimaira) then I hope he just throws in the towel for Chimaira and starts over with a completely new band and name.
Umideath - 11.11.2011 at 06:40
"We made heavy metal history together and that is all that matters at the end of the day."
Cynic Metalhead - 11.11.2011 at 07:21
Written by Inshushinak on 10.11.2011 at 21:40

CHIMAIRA IS DEAD , IMO.

CHIMAIRA was already Dead IMO :/ They splitting crap is always happen in their camp, last week their main equipment guy left these platonic morons due to pay shit and now the guitarists walks off. With the fact that even Age of Hell was produced by all the new members except Mark. So for me this story is nothing but a sham.
Troy Killjoy - 11.11.2011 at 08:31
Written by Umideath on 11.11.2011 at 06:40

Bit of an exaggeration if you ask me.
Umideath - 11.11.2011 at 09:21
Written by Troy Killjoy on 11.11.2011 at 08:31

Written by Umideath on 11.11.2011 at 06:40

Bit of an exaggeration if you ask me.

Exactly, As I thought.
midland_don - 11.11.2011 at 15:17
MASSIVE dislike

News Chimaira - Bassist Leaves The Band 7.5 22.11.2010 by Sword_Chant
News Equilibrium - Two Members Quit The Band 5.5 31.03.2014 by Pegi
News Stream Of Passion - Three Members Quit The Band 5.5 08.03.2007 by Etaín
News Six Feet Under - Bassist, Drummer Quit The Band 5.5 01.02.2011 by
News Megadeth - Shawn Drover And Chris Broderick Quit The Band 5.5 26.11.2014 by Darth Satanious