The much-anticipated announcement has finally been released on the official Black Sabbath website. The band have reunited and will record a new album and do a worldwide tour. The announcement video can be viewed in the YouTube-video below.

The album will be produced by Rick Rubin, and the band will headline the Download Festival 2012 as part of their world tour.

Source: blacksabbath.com
Band profile: Black Sabbath
Event: Download Festival 2012

Posted: 11.11.2011 by Baz Anderson

Comments

‹‹ Back to the News Pages: [1] 2

Lit. - 11.11.2011 at 21:48
Sweet. Highlight of my weekend.

Let the hate comments begin...
Troy Killjoy - 11.11.2011 at 21:48
Array - 11.11.2011 at 21:50
Written by Troy Killjoy on 11.11.2011 at 21:48

old man neutralized.
Captain Obvious - 11.11.2011 at 21:51
... And now we watch all trve kvlt fans come out of the woodwork to whine like little girls...
Baz Anderson - 11.11.2011 at 21:52
I'd love to see them.
Troy Killjoy - 11.11.2011 at 21:53
Awesome... Rick Rubin. Go back to Adele. At least she's relevant.
Kingface - 11.11.2011 at 21:54
Written by Baz Anderson on 11.11.2011 at 21:52

I'd love to see them.

Likewise.
PocketMetal - 11.11.2011 at 22:05
Written by Troy Killjoy on 11.11.2011 at 21:53

Awesome... Rick Rubin. Go back to Adele. At least she's relevant.

Adele is way better than any other woman on the shitty TV channels . I personally can't find anything wrong about her .
Troy Killjoy - 11.11.2011 at 22:06
Written by PocketMetal on 11.11.2011 at 22:05
Adele is way better than any other woman on the shitty TV channels.

Adele > Black Sabbath reunion news
Elio - 11.11.2011 at 22:09
A bit skeptical, but I will wait for this one.
necrovamp - 11.11.2011 at 22:16
Hoping it will be brilliant and they will get back to 'black sabbath' instead of any of that Heaven and Hell crap
Întunecatul - 11.11.2011 at 22:17
They have to come to romania!!!!
Soviet - 11.11.2011 at 22:18
That's cool...I guess. I don't really like Ozzy anymore though, so, I could care less...
Sworn - 11.11.2011 at 22:27
Written by Soviet on 11.11.2011 at 22:18

I agree.
Carl Berg - 11.11.2011 at 22:30
HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

I can allow myself to be immature when facing such an announcement.
Angelic Storm - 11.11.2011 at 22:37
Written by necrovamp on 11.11.2011 at 22:16

What? The last Heaven And Hell material was awesome...

As for this reunion, I'm not sure what to think about it really. With Tony writing the riffs, it will almost certainly be better than Ozzy's last few solo efforts though, which has to be a good thing. And the last couple of albums they did before splitting with Ozzy weren't that great, so they have a chance to sign off with a decent album, I hope so!
Unhealer - 11.11.2011 at 22:38
Good. Now HOPEFULLY I can see them live
Ankläger - 11.11.2011 at 22:49
If this is anything like Devil You Know, I'm totally fucking down for it.
Anything like Ozzy's last... (hmm...) 10 records, and I'll blow my fucking head off.
I hope they do some July/August 2012 shows near me.
SBGMetal - 11.11.2011 at 22:54
Who be dissing on the heaven and hell era!?? anyways pretty excited for this cuz we get to see the masters of metal at it once again
IronAngel - 11.11.2011 at 23:09
I'm kinda positive about this. I don't have huge expectations as I never really loved Ozzy-Sabbath, but I don't see why it wouldn't be decent. Heaven And Hell was really solid, not groundbreaking but certainly not just a pointless exercise in nostalgia. Sabbath never really went downhill big time, musically, so I don't see why they'd start now.
Edmund Fogg - 11.11.2011 at 23:15
I would prefer them remastering and rerecording old albums than doing this. Yes they were incredible, but now...To me it sounds like sending a WW2 vet to war once again. They've done their time.
necrovamp - 11.11.2011 at 23:17
Written by Angelic Storm on 11.11.2011 at 22:37

Written by necrovamp on 11.11.2011 at 22:16

What? The last Heaven And Hell material was awesome...

i'm a bug fan of ronnie, but after he joined black sabbath they changed from the signature sound of fuzzy guitars and odd drum sounds and to me bacame just another rock band.

i do hope this works out, though i have heard ozzies voice is sounding quite bad.....hope they make a good album though!
Black Conundrum - 11.11.2011 at 23:28
Well that is freaking sweet! I for sure want to hear what this album will be like, and I hope they can come around my general vicinity as well, if possible. I freaking grew up listening to this band, and they possess a high tier in my music taste to this day. That's damn skippy.
Ritual_Suicide - 11.11.2011 at 23:44
If the outcome is an album as solid as The Devil You Know, then this will be awesome.
Doc Godin - 12.11.2011 at 00:08
Written by Ritual_Suicide on 11.11.2011 at 23:44

That's what I was hoping. One look at who's producing and expectations just drop.

So, seeing them live? Hopeful.
New album? Skeptical.
Mikyz - 12.11.2011 at 00:39
I'm not expecting much for the new album, but I'm still looking forward to listening to what they come up with.
Void Eater - 12.11.2011 at 00:50
Written by Captain Obvious on 11.11.2011 at 21:51

The 'trve kvlt' strawman, that makes no sense when regarding one of the most popular metal bands ever, is not the reason why people wouldn't want a reunion. The main reason is that Ozzy is a circus clown who can't sing and will ruin all of Tony's good riffs. It would be sad to watch a once mighty band fail because of a brain fried media hor. Black Sabbath had their time of glory in the past; many people would rather not have them put out an album like Illud Divinum Insanus (in quality, not gonna happen stylisticly of course) and go from pioneering legends to the laughing stock of metal overnight. Let the old bands retire, there's plenty of great younger bands that deserve some glory.
Murder - 12.11.2011 at 00:57
Written by Ritual_Suicide on 11.11.2011 at 23:44

Totally second that... if they can make an album that could top with The devil you know... I'll start to believe...
Iron Nostarion - 12.11.2011 at 00:57
Written by Void Eater on 12.11.2011 at 00:50

Written by Captain Obvious on 11.11.2011 at 21:51

+9000, my friend.
IronAngel - 12.11.2011 at 01:05
What's wrong with Rick Rubin? I'm not an expert at album production, but I can't say I have any major complaints about his work with Slayer, Trouble, Johnny Cash, SOAD etc. Or Adele, for that matter.
BitterCOld - 12.11.2011 at 01:05
I'd feel a lot more confident about this if Rubin were not involved...
Timmeh - 12.11.2011 at 01:22
Written by IronAngel on 12.11.2011 at 01:05

What's wrong with Rick Rubin?

What if he does (production wise) to this album, as he did to 'Death Magnetic' ?
M C Vice - 12.11.2011 at 02:40
Written by Angelic Storm on 11.11.2011 at 22:37

Written by necrovamp on 11.11.2011 at 22:16

What? The last Heaven And Hell material was awesome...

Hope your not including Sabbatage in that group. And I agree, The Devil You Know was a good album. And it turned out to be Dio's swansong.
I wonder if this means that Ozzy's time is nearly up?
btbamfan20 - 12.11.2011 at 03:29
I kinda don't believe it. it's been falsely claimed too many times before that this was going to happen, then it was clarified that it was not going to happen time and time again.
I'll give it a week until some band member comes out and says its not happening. If not then it's legit and i will be truly stoked
Milena - 12.11.2011 at 03:36
I don't wanna be rude, but... if Dio was alive, I'd be nuts. This way... dunno, it's a great thing for metal but not for me personally.
Angelic Storm - 12.11.2011 at 03:46
Written by M C Vice on 12.11.2011 at 02:40
I wonder if this means that Ozzy's time is nearly up?

Eh, what? "Sabotage" might just be my fave Sabbath album with Ozzy. No, I of course meant "Technical Ecstacy" and "Never Say Die". Well, Sabbath's last albums (the ones I just mentioned) with Ozzy weren't very good, and the last studio album under the Sabbath name ("Forbidden") was pretty awful, so hopefully they can take this chance to give themselves a great swansong. Just as "The Devil You Know" was for Dio.
Darkside Momo - 12.11.2011 at 05:36
Dio's dead, so they reunite with granpa Ozzy? Fuck off.
Opethian - 12.11.2011 at 07:31
Wow ...
Angelic Storm - 12.11.2011 at 07:49
I doubt this would have happened had Dio still been alive...

Because of how great "The Devil You Know" was, I've always felt that the rest of the Sabbath guys should continue on with someone else. (I was secretly hoping they'd get back together with Ian Gillan) Whether teaming up with Ozzy again is the right move though, is another matter. But, as long as Geezer and Tony are capable of writing great music, then I have no problem with them continuing on with Sabbath. "Forbidden" was hardly an efficient swansong for such a legendary band, so hopefully this new material will do the Sabbath name some justice.
toXic_waLtz - 12.11.2011 at 08:27
The second comming of the Christ's of metal is nigh
Cynic Metalhead - 12.11.2011 at 08:57
Finally for all the Sabbath's fan, the water is broke and here it comes with the new fucking album...Go wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezy!
Methuselah - 12.11.2011 at 09:31
Two words. FUCK YES!
SlaytanicGonzo - 12.11.2011 at 10:12
BEST NEWS OF THE MILLENIUM. THE BEST BAND OF ALL FUCKING TIME.

"Oh no, Sabbath is so outdated. Ozzy is so old. I'd rather go see checoslovaquian Prog Technical Ambient Death/Doom band Amorthgyfdj Lessenghrer"

FUCK OFF. IT'S BLACK FUCKING SABBATH.
Valentin B - 12.11.2011 at 11:16
Written by SlaytanicGonzo on 12.11.2011 at 10:12

anyway to say i'm stoked is an understatement. Sabbath is one of the bands i've always wanted to see live (and I already did so with Dio which was amazing), maybe second only to Mercyful Fate. Here's hoping they get billed for Sweden Rock Festival or Wacken (or both ;d ), it would be a dream come true.
BloodTears - 12.11.2011 at 11:29
Curious about what will come of this. I was wrong, they didn't announce the end after all.
Milena - 12.11.2011 at 11:53
Written by Angelic Storm on 12.11.2011 at 07:49

I doubt this would have happened had Dio still been alive...

If only this was the case...
GT - 12.11.2011 at 13:15
Hmm this could be good or very bad. We'll have to wait and see I guess
In_tallica - 12.11.2011 at 14:20
I'm confused.... This was a dissmissed rumour according to Tony Iommy a couple of months ago. Nevertheless, great news!
vezzy - 12.11.2011 at 15:35
Let's hope it won't suck.
Xfushion - 12.11.2011 at 16:02
YEAH cool Hope seen them live

Pages: [1] 2

News Black Sabbath - New Album Release Date, Studio Footage Online 9 13.03.2013 by Apothecary
News Heaven And Hell - To Record New Album In 2008 9 27.10.2007 by iaberis
News Black Sabbath - Unveil New Album Title And Session Drummer 9 13.01.2013 by Zaphod
News Black Sabbath - Release New Album Cover And Audio Snippet 9 05.04.2013 by Angelic Storm
News Black Sabbath - New Album Update 9 19.10.2012 by Ace Frawley