German power metal band Primal Fear will release a new studio album entitled Unbreakable, which will be out in stores January 20th, 2012, in Europe and January 24th in North America. After a tour through South America in the spring of 2011, more dates in Europe plus an outstanding appearance on the 2011 edition of the Wacken Open Air, Primal Fear were ready to start recording the new album.

Unbreakable combines the skills of the strongest Primal Fear line-up ever, with a well-balanced "back to the roots" vibe and an ambitious learning process during their longest tour so far. Classic and ultra-fresh Primal Fear riff-rockers like "Strike", "Give 'Em Hell" or the high speed track "And There Was Silence" will hit the bulls-eye, like the rhythm paced metal anthem, first single and new video clip "Bad Guys Wear Black". Singer Ralf Scheepers adds: "The plan was to record an album for the fans with rough metal riffs, screaming vocals and good melodies and finally it became a monster - a tough 'bang-your-head' metal album called Unbreakable."

Unbreakable was produced by Mat Sinner, engineered and mixed by Achim Koehler & the House Of Music studios and some other studios in Germany & Sweden between the summer and autumn of 2011.

Unbreakable will be anticipated by the digital release of the single "Bad Guys Wear Black", which will be available for download and streaming on December 5th, 2011. The single will also include "Metal Nation" in an exclusive single mix. You can listen to the sample of "Bad Guys Wear Black" at this location.

Unbreakable tracklist and cover art:

01. Blaze Of Glory

Band profile: Primal Fear

Posted: 15.11.2011 by kual21

Comments

Întunecatul - 15.11.2011 at 11:21
Nice cover art
LeChron James - 15.11.2011 at 11:31
Oh come on, just go back to being Painkiller-era Primal Fear already and stop with this low speed quackery.
Angelic Storm - 15.11.2011 at 13:05
Written by LeChron James on 15.11.2011 at 11:31

Emm... Primal Fear have slower/mid-paced songs on all of their albums....
Truemetaljope - 15.11.2011 at 13:14
Written by LeChron James on 15.11.2011 at 11:31

Nuclear Fire and Black Sun sure were good fast albums. If they would just add more speed and leave the synths out
Angelic Storm - 15.11.2011 at 14:23
Written by Truemetaljope on 15.11.2011 at 13:14

Both of those albums contained quite a bit of slower material as well. (Silence, Magic Eye, Revolution, Kiss Of Death, Bleed For Me, Red Rain, etc...) The only PF album that was a bit sub-standard for me was "New Religion"...
Mountain King - 15.11.2011 at 15:27
I'm sorry lads but the last 3 Primal Fear albums are the best to me. The first ones had good songs but also bad and repetitive ones...
Truemetaljope - 15.11.2011 at 19:44
Written by Angelic Storm on 15.11.2011 at 14:23

Written by Truemetaljope on 15.11.2011 at 13:14

Yeah, but those albums also have many fast songs resembling speed metal. On the later albums New Religion, Seven Seals and 16.6... the amount of fast songs has clearly decreased having only 1 or 2 fast paced tracks per album.

I don't say this is a bad thing.. maybe it's just me but it feels like they're trying to replace speed with melodies and catchiness = becoming more mainstream. It's just unfortunate because I really like those faster songs such as "World On Fire" and "Riding the Eagle" for instance and would enjoy hearing more such songs.
Truemetaljope - 15.11.2011 at 19:49
Written by Mountain King on 15.11.2011 at 15:27

Can't agree to this. Only Seven Seals is really solid record from the last three releases.
SBGMetal - 15.11.2011 at 21:23
I hope its like their first few
Angelic Storm - 15.11.2011 at 21:40
Written by Truemetaljope on 15.11.2011 at 19:44

I can see what you mean, although when they have unleashed faster songs on the last 3 albums, they have all been amazing. Evil Spell, Demons And Angels, Riding The Eagle, Too Much Time, The Exorcist... but I also like most of the slower songs too, I have to say. Sometimes I think having not so many fast songs, means that the songs that are fast have much more impact. "New Religion" was a weak overall album by PF I think. It has some good songs, but as a whole, it feels too watered down. I thought 16.6 was a much better album, much more consistent with only a couple of fillers. And Seven Seals is an awesome album I think.
immortal78 - 20.11.2011 at 13:26
Is it gonna be "Jaws of death 2" ? I'd seen that cover before but now it looks more 21centurish like. That sample "bad guys wear black" isn't convincing to me at all but ...maybe the rest of the songs will be. will wait - will see.

News Primal Fear - New Album Details 10.5 17.04.2007 by Baz Anderson
News Primal Fear - New Album Details, Preview Online 10.5 05.11.2013 by sbuswell
News Primal Fear - Begin Work On New Album 9 28.08.2008 by Jari