German progressive power metallers Masterplan are writing new material for the follow-up to 2010's Time To Be King.

The band issued the following update about their upcoming new album on their official website: "Great news, Roland and Axel are writing songs for a new Masterplan album right now! The recordings will start in autumn!"

Source: master-plan.net
Band profile: Masterplan

Posted: 04.12.2011 by Reign

Comments

Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk - 04.12.2011 at 14:05
Lol did these news got approved too late, or the one who approved them didn't bother to check if they were actually news? I'm asking since the quoted text was posted on 13 Jul 2011 on Masterplans' site.
BloodTears - 04.12.2011 at 14:31
Written by Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk on 04.12.2011 at 14:05

We haven't posted anything on Masterplan for a while, so I thought it would be worthy to let fans know they are working on a new album, even if it comes a little late.
Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk - 04.12.2011 at 15:38
Huh, I did the same thing by adding a TBA album in their discography, because I though that the news are too short to ever be featured
Angelic Storm - 04.12.2011 at 16:00
Ah well, I've had a renewed sense of love for Masterplan since Jorn rejoined, so definitely looking forward to a new album from them next year hopefully.
timmoe - 04.12.2011 at 16:29
I hope it will be better/catchier than the last one(s).
WorpeX - 04.12.2011 at 16:56
I loved Time To Be King so I can't wait to see what they do next!
Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk - 04.12.2011 at 17:16
Written by Angelic Storm on 04.12.2011 at 16:00

I don't even count the album without Jorn as a Masterplan album TBH (it ain't bad actually, but...). Was about to agree with you that I can't wait the 4th album, only to realize it's really the 5th album

Hopefully a tour will follow, I barely got over their cancellation at Masters of Rock 2010, and Masterplan is probably the band I want to see live the most (before Jorn leaves again!). Crossing my fingers and hoping for a chance at that.
Mountain King - 04.12.2011 at 18:31
It doesn't matter to me if there's Jorn or not. I like all their albums, although the last one wasn't that great. MK2 was better than Time To Be King, i just hope they can reach the level of the first 2 albums and that won't be easy...
Kuroboshi - 05.12.2011 at 06:18
I'm really psyched for this! And actually I'm happy that the news were delayed, 'cause that means the wait will be shorter. I usually forget about bands when there are no new news.

I can't understand why so many people bash the third album. It was killer as well. And the singer of the third album maybe ain't Jorn, but he is great nonetheless.
Angelic Storm - 05.12.2011 at 22:11
I actually did think MK2 was a good album, and the guy who sang on it was very good. It just felt like there was something missing with Jorn not there. I am a huge fan of Roland Grapow as well as Jorn, so I'll always be interested in anything he does. And I actually bought the third Masterplan album. Masterplan just feels more "complete" when both Roland and Jorn are together.

The first 2 Masterplan albums are still their best, but the last two albums were good too, even the one without Jorn on it.
ChampionOfPower - 06.12.2011 at 20:38
Matt DiMeo was good on MK2, but he's not an elite metal singer like Jorn. DiMeo was also really good on Creation's End album. Jorn is right up there with Russell Allen as far as I'm concerned as the premiere singers in Progressive/Power metal. All of Masterplans albums have been very good to great and I expect this one to be no less.
Troy Killjoy - 06.12.2011 at 20:39
I'm sorry, whenever I see MK I assume we're talking about Mortal Kombat.
Ag Fox - 06.12.2011 at 23:06
Written by Troy Killjoy on 06.12.2011 at 20:39

I'm sorry, whenever I see MK I assume we're talking about Mortal Kombat.
Angelic Storm's avatar doesn't help, does it? (=
Troy Killjoy - 06.12.2011 at 23:08
Written by Ag Fox on 06.12.2011 at 23:06
Angelic Storm's avatar doesn't help, does it? (=

Seriously. Subliminal messaging much.

News Down - In Writing Mode Again 4 14.09.2013 by 3rdWorld