"Carriers Of The Plague", a brand-new song from Australian technical death metallers Psycroptic can now be streamed on the band's Facebook page.

"Carriers Of The Plague" comes off the band's upcoming album The Inherited Repression, which is set to be released on February 7th (North America) and February 10th (Europe) through Nuclear Blast Records. More album details were previously reported here and here.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Psycroptic

Posted: 16.12.2011 by Nekrokvlt

Comments

J. N. - 16.12.2011 at 00:57
Sounds beast.
Troy Killjoy - 16.12.2011 at 01:03
Can finally listen without "liking". Thumbs up for that.

Pretty good musically, but I just can't get into those vocals. :/
!J.O.O.E.! - 16.12.2011 at 01:04
Written by Troy Killjoy on 16.12.2011 at 01:03

Pretty good musically, but I just can't get into those vocals. :/

This.
Troy Killjoy - 16.12.2011 at 01:05
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 16.12.2011 at 01:04
This.

Phew. I thought I was gonna be the only one.
!J.O.O.E.! - 16.12.2011 at 01:06
Written by Troy Killjoy on 16.12.2011 at 01:05

Phew. I thought I was gonna be the only one.

Nah, I don't know why with such a (relatively) well known band with good talent behind it you'd opt for such average (and hardcore) sounding vox.
opeth771 - 16.12.2011 at 01:10
As soon as Chalky left, I could never listen to their new songs as I couldn't stand the vocals. But this song... WOW it is amazing... Imagine with Chalky how good it would be!
Absak - 16.12.2011 at 13:48
Being too nice is the downfall of this band. By that I mean they should fire Jason Pepiatt.
Ankläger - 16.12.2011 at 18:06
Man, haven't listened to anything but Sceptre of the Ancients in at least 3 years...
Still a great band, but FIRE THAT ASSHOLE!
(Seriously, is there ANYONE in the metal world that actually likes this guy?)
(I'm just waiting for the bridge when he breaks into a clean bit about inner struggle and society)
Troy Killjoy - 16.12.2011 at 20:58
I'm sure there are some people who enjoy the vocals... but for the rest of us who don't require brain surgery, he's just terrible. Maybe he'd fit in with a metalcore band or a hardcore/punk band or something. It's a shame too, because the musicianship is borderline stellar.
Misfit74 - 18.12.2011 at 00:08
Ahh...missed this thread when linking to the new song in the band-thread. I'm cool with the vocals enough to enjoy the music, but I can understand why people complain about them. Seems like any vocals that have scream to them get a Nu/Core bias against them and perhaps that's entirely fair. That said, I also like the new Decapitated vocalist. And, while Psycroptic's new front-man isn't as good, he does fit within the framework and energy of the band, so I can deal with it. It probably helps that I don't have a long history with this band and it's prior vocalists.

All that said: this is, as of this moment, becoming one of my favorite bands to follow right now. The music that moves me the most is built on guitar and Joe Haney is a master at his craft. Vogg is my favorite, though.

News Psycroptic - New Song Online 9 03.09.2008 by Visioneerie
News Wolfchant - New Song Online 5.5 24.03.2009 by kayla
News Fleshgod Apocalypse - EP Release Date Set, New Song Online 5.5 20.02.2010 by
News Leviathan - New Song Online 5.5 02.09.2011 by DerRozzengarten