After the announcement of the friendly split of Rhapsody Of Fire, the birth of the new Luca Turilli's Rhapsody band and the announcement of the new album coming out in June 2012, Luca Turilli released his first official and exclusive interview, where he talks about his new album, Rhapsody Of Fire and future plans. To read the full interview, head over to this location.

He talked about the upcoming Luca Turilli's Rhapsody album to be released next year: "Honestly, this album is very important for me, Alex Holzwarth, Patrice and Dominique and personally it is the one I always dreamed to record. The basic composition process lasted around 5 months. In this period of time I worked at the rhythm of 12-14 hours per day and, while very hard because very demanding mentally and spiritually, this was one of the most rewarding sessions of composition of my whole life. It rarely happened I had so much fun playing the guitar, the keyboards or my beloved piano and creating original classical parts, cinematic interludes, orchestrations and all the rest."

"Now all the songs are ready and I am actually in the process of arranging everything. As you know I don't hire external people to orchestrate the music but I do all by myself writing the music for each section of the orchestra, the choirs etc. and this sometimes can be a very long and hard process stealing a lot of time and energy."

"I can not deny that this is a very ambitious album because of the investment, artistic vision etc., and all the people working on it, Nuclear Blast included, are thinking the same. That's why in the upcoming months of intensive studio work I want to go on dedicating myself night and day to it, without thinking to anything else. The production of the album just started and Alex Holzwarth recorded most of his drum parts already. I will release more news about the album production, month after month, from my new website http://www.ltrhapsody.com/, starting from the end of January 2012."

Source: lucaturilli.com
Band profile: Luca Turilli

Posted: 30.12.2011 by Flower Metal

Comments

Truemetaljope - 30.12.2011 at 17:56
Interesting [pause] NOT.
qlacs - 30.12.2011 at 18:48
While reading this, one single thing came to my mind: LOL.
Stabby - 30.12.2011 at 20:25
Go Luca! He's so productive, it is like breathing for him, it all just flows out. Hopefully there won't be much narration, though. He has the tendency to just insert random dramatic parts in there for the hell of it...
Troy Killjoy - 31.12.2011 at 02:00
Written by Stabby on 30.12.2011 at 20:25
He's so productive, it is like breathing for him...

This guy's creative breath rivals that of a small kid with cystic fibrosis.
Stabby - 31.12.2011 at 03:34
Written by Troy Killjoy on 31.12.2011 at 02:00

Written by Stabby on 30.12.2011 at 20:25
He's so productive, it is like breathing for him...

This guy's creative breath rivals that of a small kid with cystic fibrosis.

Heh, interesting choice of words. I was expecting you to spin the comment about how "it all just flows out" but this one works too.
The Shape 1973 - 31.12.2011 at 21:45
Written by Stabby on 31.12.2011 at 03:34

Written by Troy Killjoy on 31.12.2011 at 02:00

Written by Stabby on 30.12.2011 at 20:25
He's so productive, it is like breathing for him...

This guy's creative breath rivals that of a small kid with cystic fibrosis.

After eating a curry,a kebab, baked beans, an egg sandwich and brussel sprouts.

Hope he is not using the Wintersun master computer, or he will lose everything when it breaks down.
LeChron James - 01.01.2012 at 05:21
BRING IT.
mikeprado30 - 01.01.2012 at 09:10
Written by Guest on 30.12.2011 at 18:44

I want a ultra fast ultra melodic album, i don't want a fancy album like Imaginaerum

Ditto!

I don't know the rest of you, but I wish that would come back the times where Power Metal was as same as speed+melody, but above all SPEED, SPEED & MORE SPEED (listen Helloween's Walls of Jericho, Blind Guardian's 5 first albums and Rage first albums to catch me). I'm not against the Power Metal nowadays, but I miss the albums that blew my head when I began to listen this subgenre. I mean, is SO HARD for the bands to do something better than the Imaginations From The Other Side, Walls of Jericho, Keeper of the Seven Keys, Tales From the Twilight World, Somewhere Out In Space, Perfect Man, and other early albums of the 80's? I don't believe it. For example, this century had been released some nice PM albums (The Gates of Oblivion, Prophet of the Last Eclipse, A Night At The Opera, El Ángel Caído) and is just matter of not letting die the idea that Powre Metal has a strong bond with the SPEED.
RavenKing - 02.01.2012 at 01:44
Written by mikeprado30 on 01.01.2012 at 09:10

As much as I agree with you that melodic Speed Metal would be immensely more interesting than what we call Powermetal today, I bet anything you want that we'll never see something like "Walls Of Jericho" or "Follow The Blind" released nowadays.
This kind of fast, rough, raw, based-on-aggressive-riffing Powermetal (because this is what Powermetal was originally) is dead.

Unfortunately, Powermetal as a genre evolved towards the softer side, instead of becoming more extreme as time went by.
And don't bring something like Dragonforce as an example of speed. Yes, it is fast, even faster than old Helloween and early Blind Guardian but that's all about it. It has no balls compared to old Powermetal and ends up only as a cheesefest.

I totally agree with you that Powermetal is supposed to be fast (in my mind, Powermetal is supposed to be some kind of melodic Speed Metal) but that's not at all what we've been seing since at least the millenia, if not even before that.
Daggon - 03.01.2012 at 07:08
It doesn't matter how awful it could be, I'll try to listen it carefully and well, you know, try to like it, even if the last albums he released with his solo bands were ugly as fuck ("The Infinite Wonders Of Creation" and "Dreamquest"), really, I hope he'll try to play some power metal instead of some freaking electro/gothic/orchestral/new age music.
His last album with Rhapsody Of Fire as a whole band was really cool, I hope he'll take that direction.

As a hardcore Rhapsody/Luca Turilli fan, I'm expecting a lot of this.
thewaytonever - 25.01.2012 at 01:47
I could care less about the Speed of the music all I care about is if it sounds good. Luca has always been a masterful songwriter and musician (with the exception of his last 2 solo albums). The last 2 RoF albums were great and I expect nothing less from him. Looking forward to it

News Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - New Album Title And Tracklist Revealed 12 31.01.2012 by LeChron James
News Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - New Album Cover Unveiled 12 27.02.2012 by Windrider
News Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - Release New Video 10.5 04.05.2012 by qlacs
News Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - Announce New Drummer 10.5 21.04.2012 by csiga
News Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - Singer Revealed, Album Teaser Online 10.5 30.03.2012 by Milena