German power metallers Savage Circus have announced the departure of guitarist Piet Sielck. You can read his statement below.

"After long and intensive thinking I came to the conclusion that I cannot uphold any further engagement for Savage Circus any more and hereby officially quit. I am proud of what has been achieved, but I just cannot imagine myself doing songwriting and production more or less completely alone for a third time. This has drained too much energy in the past already, which was needed in more important spots. I am not willing to make such a sacrifice again."

"Therefore I put the fate of Savage Circus in the hands of Emil and Jens, who's decision it may also be to correct the band's completely fictional founding legend or not. Savage Circus has been absolutely challenging... but my heart beats for Iron Savior. And music simply is a matter of the heart!"

Source: savage-circus.com
Band profile: Savage Circus

Posted: 23.12.2011 by Abattoir

Comments

Zender 1.8 - 23.12.2011 at 16:54
SHIT@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
this is Real Bad News!
Best Wishes For SC
\\m//
SMAX - 23.12.2011 at 17:25
Bad news for Savage Circus indeed but I'm glad he's putting all his efforts into Iron Savior again!
Baz Anderson - 23.12.2011 at 19:03
Seems like Piet was left with all the work to do with this band anyway, so it makes sense for him to say no and put it into his own band.

I actually got to see Savage Circus live in 2006, shame I didn't get any pictures.
Stabby - 23.12.2011 at 19:26
I can understand this, he only has so many golden ideas, and Savage Circus is full of them, doing that for both bands would be a struggle. Hopefully they get a great replacement and keep it going strong. And I'm glad he's going to be focusing on Iron Savior.
RavenKing - 23.12.2011 at 22:38
First, Thomen Stauch and then Piet Sielck leaving.
Now, they're left with two guys who will most likely put their energy in Persuader first.
This band goes absolutely nowhere.
LeChron James - 24.12.2011 at 01:10
Who cares? Savage Circus has been barely relevant since Thomen Stauch left way back when.
qlacs - 24.12.2011 at 10:08
I've never really cared for Iron Savior, SC always had more passion and the old BG feeling in their music. This news really hit me bad.
RhaegarTargaryen - 24.12.2011 at 22:23
Auch ... on one hand really bad news, on the other they will be able to focus more on the Iron Savior and Persuader now ... but I would like to see some more from Savage Circus .. and I'm not sure if SC is more popular than Persuader, but I have a feeling that Persuader is too much unknown and underground ... it would be good do get new album from both Persuader and Savage Circus, but I think it may be too much, especially when you consider that they sound quite alike.
The Shape 1973 - 25.12.2011 at 10:29
Wow, from the tone of the quote he seems pissed. Doesn't sound like a friendly split. Good that he wants to continue Iron Savior though.

News Savage Circus - Band Update, Drummer Thomen Stauch Rejoins The Band 9 19.04.2012 by Raziel X
News Sonic Syndicate - Guitarist Roger Sjunnesson Leaves The Band 5.5 13.06.2012 by Opethian
News Crow Black Sky - Bassist And Founding Member Leaves The Band 5.5 31.07.2012 by
News Dark Funeral - Also Drummer Leaves The Band 5.5 08.09.2010 by vezzy
News Iced Earth - New DVD In The Works, Bassist Leaves The Band 5.5 11.04.2012 by MarioVillalobos