US industrial metal veterans Ministry have signed a worldwide deal with AFM Records. The band will release their highly-anticipated comeback album Relapse on March 3rd, 2012. Prior to the album, Ministry have released a digital single, entitled "99%" on December 23rd, 2011, now available on iTunes. Currently, Al Jourgensen is finalizing the last mixes on the new material. In the meantime, the band revealed the new album cover art, which can be seen below.

Al Jourgensen commented: "Our 13th Planet Record releases have been distributed in Europe via AFM through our partner Soulfood Music in Germany for several years now, and we have established a solid business relationship, so it made perfect sense to take the next step and have AFM Records come on board and be involved with the new Ministry release for worldwide and digital distribution. I'm pretty psyched about the collaboration, based on the response and enthusiasm I've received from AFM so far..."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Ministry

Posted: 26.12.2011 by kual21

Comments

Mr. Doctor - 26.12.2011 at 21:48
Hmmmmmmmmmm... Don't know what to think about this. I didn't mind that much that Minsitry ended their career on a quite high note. Don't see the point in going on. it would be great if this album proves me wrong.
Darkside Momo - 26.12.2011 at 22:26
Written by Mr. Doctor on 26.12.2011 at 21:48

same here. indeed it would be great but I'm not expecting much... Though I want to be proven wrong
Opethian - 26.12.2011 at 23:18
Ummmm ... ok, i thought you called it quits, but whatever
Lit. - 27.12.2011 at 00:36
Just listened to a bit of 99%. It's above average, if just barely.
!J.O.O.E.! - 27.12.2011 at 02:18
Highly anticipated by who? There are bands that didn't split up who had bigger gaps between releases than this Ministry "comeback"

Another band using a break up for money making purposes mayhaps? I seriously doubt the 3 or so years will be enough to energise them into something worthwhile.
Edmund Fogg - 27.12.2011 at 02:46
So Adios Puta Madre will be followed by Need to Pay Rent Puta Madre? Wait and see I guess.
LeChron James - 27.12.2011 at 05:35
Eminem had an album called Relapse come out as a "comeback" album and it was awful. I'm not really a Ministry fan, but I hope it's better than the other Relapse.
psykometal - 27.12.2011 at 05:59
Actually Al was having some serious medical issues and thought he was on death's door so he ended the band. Now though he has fully healed/recovered and honestly didn't even want to revive Ministry initially but him and Mike Scaccia were producing an album for another band and got bored one day and start writing some stuff, just fukn around in the studio, and Mike thought it was really good stuff and convinced Al that they should revive Ministry with this new material and Al agreed after some convincing because he did miss the life.
afu - 27.12.2011 at 08:00
Here's hoping they bury Tommy Victor in the mix.
BitterCOld - 27.12.2011 at 08:09
Needed more cash for H i guess....
BudDa - 28.12.2011 at 10:50
This is the best news this year!

News Evergrey - Sign With AFM Records, Announce New Album 10 28.01.2014 by LeKiwi
News Gama Bomb - Sign With AFM Records, Reveal New Album Title 10 28.01.2013 by LICH
News Vanishing Point - Sign With AFM Records, New Album On The Way 10 22.11.2013 by Cynic Metalhead
News Autopsy - Unveil New Album Cover Art And More 8.5 21.02.2014 by Maco