The first full-length album from US progressive metallers Queensrÿche will be reissued on a limited edition 180-gram audiophile vinyl with a gatefold cover on February 14th, 2012. The Warning was re-released on May 6th, 2003, with three bonus tracks. You can now pre-order the item on Amazon.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Queensrÿche

Posted: 29.12.2011 by kual21

Comments

Warman - 29.12.2011 at 13:22
PoptartDinosaur - 29.12.2011 at 17:30
Excellent. Best band to ever come out of Seattle!
Dane Train - 29.12.2011 at 20:27
Interesting, but I already have the original vinyl do I need a re-issue?
The Shape 1973 - 29.12.2011 at 20:45
Shame everything they do now is so poor.
strade - 29.12.2011 at 22:18
This band isn't worth anyone's money anymore. Another band using their brief era of excellence to fund modern trainwrecks. Shameless, completely random reissues prosper yet again.

If I cared enough, I'd boycott the sale of this release.
Kenos - 30.12.2011 at 01:33
Written by strade on 29.12.2011 at 22:18

Lit. - 30.12.2011 at 04:27
Written by strade on 29.12.2011 at 22:18

If I cared enough, I'd boycott the sale of this release.

So their best work, which is considered one of the best concept records and a landmark in the Metal genre; and the follow-up which is chockful of songs that range from exciting to enticing is not worth anyone's money anymore just because they don't know when to quit making music?
The bandwagon's full, man. Get over yourself.
strade - 30.12.2011 at 04:51
Written by Lit. on 30.12.2011 at 04:27

Written by strade on 29.12.2011 at 22:18

If I cared enough, I'd boycott the sale of this release.

The bandwagon's full, man. Get over yourself.

Oh, their best works are still among metal's greatest accomplishments. I wouldn't dare discedit that. I'd just suggest buying them used, and not funding these pathetic reissues, which, if you didn't understand, was what I was criticizing in the first place. This is not soliciting that their old music is worthless now just because their new music is. Also, your explanation is rather confusing since I'm pretty sure neither of the releases you're referring to is The Warning (which, if you hadn't noticed, this article is about ).

P.S.: Empire blows. Always has, always will... of course, that's an arguable statement, but I just had to take down that overrated piece of mediocrity with me.
Lit. - 30.12.2011 at 05:28
Written by strade on 30.12.2011 at 04:51

Written by Lit. on 30.12.2011 at 04:27

Written by strade on 29.12.2011 at 22:18

In all honesty, would your rather have the band release more stuff like Dedicated To Chaos? Or would you rather have them release their better stuff in more ways to enjoy it? You seem to forget that older bands like Queensrythe (Espessially on this site) will be remembered for their classic early stuff like Warning, Op. Mindcrime and Empire. Just like bands like Iron Maiden will be remembered for Number of the beast and Powerslave; and band like Dream Theater will be remembered for Images and Words ('Cause lord knows they haven't released anything good since the 90's and likely won't ever now that Portnoy's gone).
There's no band in music that constantly releases memorable or landmark albums. Look at the mighty Opeth and their latest release. You can also already tell that Wintersun's next release (If it ever comes out) certainly won't top the first one. Many years later, if any of them are still releasing albums that have gone down in quality, would you rather buy new stuff or enjor their old classic stuff instead?

P.S. Buying used records in an effort to stop supplying a band with their pay doesn't make you smart. It just makes you an ass who doesn't deserve to listen to music at all becaue you can't appreciate it.

P.S.S I'm not sure if I should be taking you seriously after what you said. Empire sucks? Seriously?

Marcel Hubregtse - 30.12.2011 at 05:40
@Lit. Empire indeed does suck most of the time. Just one or two okay songs. The album is a huge sell out targeting the radio liasteners with it's pop rock songs.
strade - 30.12.2011 at 05:59
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 30.12.2011 at 05:40

Thank you. Since I'm too lazy to properly articulate my thoughts on it, his review pretty much reflects about feelings about that album perfectly, which is impeccable considering the fact that I didn't write it: http://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/Queensr%C3%BFche/Empire/1716/hells_unicorn
strade - 30.12.2011 at 06:11
Written by Lit. on 30.12.2011 at 05:28

Or they could just release nothing. Problem solved.

You still seem to be dodging the fact that my original comment was criticizing the REISSUES. I'm able to enjoy and listen to their old material all I want. And yes, if a band has proven that it couldn't give a pea-sized shit about its long suffering fanbase for so long, I can avoid directly handing them my money for no returns if I damn well please. Are you one to obsequiously buy every issue of anything a band puts out just because it once had even an ounce of merit musically? I guess someone must be foolish enough to buy worthless pollution like this or they would stop making it.

Thanks for your concern.
The Shape 1973 - 31.12.2011 at 21:54
I would assume that all of the old fans would already have all of the back catalogue now. I can't imagine that the new album would have created any new fans either. So I don't see the point.

If they had re-released the old stuff after Empire, when a lot of new fans joined the fan base (me included), then I could see why.

Reviews Queensrÿche - The Warning 6 18.12.2007 by
Albums Queensrÿche - The Warning 6 08.03.2012 by yanivush147
News Deafheaven - To Release Demo On Limited Vinyl, Writing New Album 5.5 23.07.2012 by Boxcar Willy
News The Gates Of Slumber - Suffer No Guilt Album To Be Re-Issued 5.5 30.12.2011 by Boxcar Willy
News Gorgoroth - Limited Edition Details Of Latest Album 5.5 16.12.2007 by Asitis

Hits total: 1910 | This month: 26