"A Rose For Epona", a new track from Swiss folk metallers Eluveitie is now streaming online.

Another new song, entitled "Meet The Enemy", can be streamed here.

"A Rose For Epona" and "Meet The Enemy" comes off the band's upcoming album Helvetios, due out on February 10th, 2012 (Europe) and February 28th, 2012 (North America) through Nuclear Blast Records. More album details were previously reported here.

Source: eluveitie.ch
Band profile: Eluveitie

Posted: 05.01.2012 by Sjuk

Comments

tirim4 - 05.01.2012 at 14:35
Very catchy but more pop metal then folk metal. If that's the path this band has chosen so be it but it's such a shame as they really had something good going on with the folk metal. Still it's a good catchy song but I can't help to feell a little sad...
WorpeX - 05.01.2012 at 15:00
WOW. Way better then Meet the Enemy. Great track!

Edit: Pop Metal? wtf? I don't see it, sorry. I don't understand why people just automatically say, "oh hey its pop metal!" when they hear a female lead.
ImperialTroll - 05.01.2012 at 15:00
First "Meet the enemy" and now this? I'm really starting to worry about this album...anyway we still got 15 more songs to go! probably 2 or 3 instrumentals and hope the rest is better than this one...
mariano - 05.01.2012 at 15:09
Doesn't sound like pop metal to me, although it has fewer flute solos than previous albums. Nice song anyway...
Fred - 05.01.2012 at 15:24
Written by WorpeX on 05.01.2012 at 15:00

WOW. Way better then Meet the Enemy. Great track!

Can't agree with you more.
hadriel - 05.01.2012 at 16:09
Zzzzz. Incredibly boring, not impressed with the direction of this band at all.
moe5512 - 05.01.2012 at 16:17
Catchy but not what i want from Eluveitie, in fact I'm losing interest for the band more and more
dismaleuphony - 05.01.2012 at 18:44
Quite standard symphonic metal in this song at least, the lead vocals sound good Of course, as expected there had to be some totally unnecessary male grunts added that kill the softness of the song, but if symphonic metal with folk & alternative elements layered in ends up being the majority of the album, I'm in
Dark Blood - 05.01.2012 at 19:06
Sounds better than 'Meet the Enemy' for me, probably due to more folk elements. Although the female vocals sound a bit pop-ish. Reminds of modern Within Temptation.
Magatouve - 05.01.2012 at 20:40
This is for sure very poppish, and it sucks for sure too. I already saw this band three times live, but I don't feel like I wanna see them again if the rest of the album equally sucks.
WorpeX - 05.01.2012 at 21:27
The day pop starts to sound like this: Flute Solos, Complex Vocals, Crunching guitars and Growls is the day I start to listen to pop. This sounds nothing like the shit I hear on the radio: Generic lyrics, Rapping, Auto-Tune singers, Electronic instruments...
Troy Killjoy - 05.01.2012 at 21:42
I'd rather listen to radio pop than this. :/
FrozenJoy - 05.01.2012 at 22:09
Written by WorpeX on 05.01.2012 at 21:27

THIS! But don't bother dude, there are tr00 metalheads that will call anything pop just cuz it's female fronted, with melodic singing ... It's nowhere near modern radio-friendly pop... And it's not a bad song (not at all, it's damn catchy and well sung), it's just that I feel like Eluveitie is slowly losing that awesome melodeath-folk combination that they put out so well in Spirit and Slania, nowadays the folk elements seem kinda forced into the mixed...

And, am I the ONLY one that thinks the folky introduction sounds like an exact copy of Blood Stain Child's Metropolice? Seriously, it sounds almost identical D:
ruffio - 05.01.2012 at 22:30
I wanted to like this... but it didnt happen. Made me want to listen to Spirit though for some quality catchy folk metal.
Vombatus - 05.01.2012 at 22:34
I don't know where people got the idea that poppish metal needs female vocals... Look Sonata Arctica for example. Lots of their songs have a "pop"vibe, and so does this (and NOT coz it's a chick thats singing... just like an overall feeling).

Straight to the point: This sucks.
ApocalypticaMax3 - 05.01.2012 at 23:02
Written by FrozenJoy on 05.01.2012 at 22:09

That's because it's based on the same traditional tune, and there's nothing bad about that.

Gave French people the same twitch to the ear when Eluveitie came out with Inis Mona, as the tune used in the chorus was also used ~10 years before by some French celtic rap/pop band "Manau", in a song that got pretty popular back then.

Or to anybody that knew the traditional Breton folk song Tri Martolod.
wodka popinski - 05.01.2012 at 23:47
Yet another fantastic song! love it
Kivenkantaja - 06.01.2012 at 00:02
Written by ruffio on 05.01.2012 at 22:30

My thoughts exactly... all it accomplished was making me want to go back to the good Eluveitie ^_^
VloRD - 06.01.2012 at 10:05
Fine, it doesn't have a pop structure, but it definitely has a very simple song structure that just refuses to go anywhere. The only thing which works for this song is that its catchy (like a pop song ).
wodka popinski - 06.01.2012 at 10:15
Written by Troy Killjoy on 05.01.2012 at 21:42

I'd rather listen to radio pop than this. :/

Sometime on the 10th of this month get in a tub, light some candles and chant ~What was done was done Be it now undone By the light of the full moon's wane Cleanse my soul of taint and stain Let now my hurtful spell reverse And lift from me this vicious curse As I enter now this sacred space Return my spirit to it's grace~ My son, you may thus rid yourself of this cruel world of badass heavy metal music.
Swamphell - 06.01.2012 at 19:43
Awesome ,,,am waiting the whole album
boo-boo - 07.01.2012 at 17:13
Sounds like Within Temptation to me...it is no that not bad, I just did not expect such transformation...
Ernis - 07.01.2012 at 19:15
Sounds like Within Temptation indeed, with a touch of In Flames. Then again, they always had a Gothenburg element. This song is catchy but I've heard better ones by them. I always preferred their Gaulish language songs and references to antiquity. This track is radio friendly but I hope the new album is going to be versatile and good.
Uller - 09.01.2012 at 08:06
It sounds like Zelda is singing this one

BTW I really liked this one
SymphAlchemist - 15.01.2012 at 23:32
I loved this song! Very emotional, beautiful and sad. It just lacks a little of folk. But it would give a good videoclip.

News Eluveitie - New Song Streaming Online 9 12.06.2014 by Windrider