"Cathedral Walls" (feat. Anette Olzon), a new video from Finnish melodic death/doom metallers Swallow The Sun can now be seen below. The song for the video is taken from the band's upcoming album Emerald Forest And The Blackbird, which is scheduled for release on February 1st. The video was directed by Tage Rönnqvist. More album details here.

[Also thanks to Khalil-Mikael for sending in this news!]

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Swallow The Sun

Posted: 05.01.2012 by Abattoir

Comments

Justicelust - 05.01.2012 at 18:49
This is what I call "art". awesome!!!
MariosDemigod - 05.01.2012 at 19:07
Very good song!
Unhealer - 05.01.2012 at 19:16
Awesome track and nice video!

BTW, that doesn't sound like Anette at all, I wish she would sing like that in Nightwish. Glad she didn't ruin the song.
Dark Blood - 05.01.2012 at 19:36
Sweet mother of good news! Is there anything they can't do right?

Ok... despite my indifference for music videos this one looks really nice. It's very well done, and fits the song like a glove. Those 3 ballerinas are awesome and give the video a really nice touch.

About the song: the clean vocals at the beginning sound a little weird, but other than that it's a perfect song.
serega25 - 05.01.2012 at 19:52
Very very good! I like the song. Its melancholic, dark and aggressive. The video is beautiful/
Angel_Lament - 05.01.2012 at 20:50
Cool, off to watch!! :0
Jiri - 05.01.2012 at 21:28
Liv Kristine?
Angel_Lament - 05.01.2012 at 22:28
Awesome song, beautiful video, and I gotta say Anette put one of her most good performances there, the vocals are breathtaking!
DeathMetalKnight - 05.01.2012 at 22:50
One of my favorite bands, but this song isn't anything special... if other songs on this album are like this, than it'll be the worst StS album.
Draugen - 05.01.2012 at 23:22
I was afraid there for a second that the whole song was going to be a snore fest but luckily it got more agressive towards the end. It's an alright song I think with a surprising perfomance by Anette (in a good way).

I'm still very hopeful for the album in any case.
Troy Killjoy - 05.01.2012 at 23:28
SO GAWTH

Seriously though... straight-up gothic doom here. And not much by way of doom.

If the rest of the album sounds like this it'll be one of the biggest disappointments of the year for me.

Song gets a 3/10 from me.
Mr. Doctor - 05.01.2012 at 23:40
Written by Troy Killjoy on 05.01.2012 at 23:28

Didn't know you used to like them... I never got into their stuff, decent at best. Incredibly overrated since the beginning.
The song was pretty damn meh and the video was...chessy.
WorpeX - 06.01.2012 at 02:01
Great video, awesome track. Looking forward to the album!
MetalSpider - 06.01.2012 at 02:11
Great song...and the video is nice as well. I'm definitely looking forward to the whole album.
Array - 06.01.2012 at 02:15
The video works really well with the music. Music good, Video good = a great Music Video.
a MasT - 06.01.2012 at 06:40
I want to like this band more but.....I just can't find a reason
INÆRIS - 06.01.2012 at 08:17
This song was very moving. I'm excited to hear the rest of the record. Swallow the Sun's melodies are just absolutely beautiful, and they linger on in your head... this song is no exception.
Thyroid - 06.01.2012 at 14:46
Worked for me. Obvious single material for a wider audience, with Anette Olzon - but this still have enough rough edges to please me. Beautiful song, nothing really epic or totally breathtaking - but beautiful and melancholic song. To me, Swallow the Sun has been always album oriented-band, so I wait how this fits to "Emerald Forest And The Blackbird" context, and then give final judgement. StS have always released strong albums, although the debut is still the finest. Weird thing, even that they are labeled as "melodic death/doom" band I usually forget the whole genre-thing when listening StS. I don't bother to think: "This is not DEATH enough" or "Where are the actual DOOM elements on this album". Usually I do that quite much.... But I still hope, that they don't choose the same path as Katatonia in future.
BudDa - 06.01.2012 at 17:18
Moonspell-esque?
Mongoose2557 - 07.01.2012 at 00:07
I'm a huge StS fan, I have been for quite a while. But I can truly say that this song really didn't blow me away like I thought it would. But that's not to say that I didn't enjoy it. I can't wait to hear the rest of the album.
freedom forever - 07.01.2012 at 06:35
Written by Unhealer on 05.01.2012 at 19:16

Awesome track and nice video!

Cannot agree more... Honestly, I thought also that she might ruin the song but damn it she did well
freedom forever - 07.01.2012 at 06:42
Written by Jiri on 05.01.2012 at 21:28

Liv Kristine?

I think so
Roro - 07.01.2012 at 18:43
I liked the track .. the video wasnt that good
ThunderAxe1989 - 07.01.2012 at 21:13
Wow! I love this new song!
I was wondering who the girl singer was.
For a while I was wondering if this song wasn't gonna have gutteral vocals, then after about 3 and a half minutes, the growl kicks in and then kick-drumming......the Swallow The Sun that I know
well done! the album comes out February 1st, so when I go to either the US or Canada later this year, I'll be sure to look for it.
HaaskAksaaH - 07.01.2012 at 22:38
The True Swallow The Sun ... Rise and Fall ... Rise and Fall ...
The Switching from clean and melancholic phase to growls and inverse is Awesome .
Seems they know well how to play with it .

And another point is appropriate using of female vocal, I don't know why but these voices like Anette doesn't kick in their own bands, but as they use as a clean vox in bands like : Swallow The Sun or Dark Tranquility ..it sounds strange and \m/ !
InnerSelf - 10.01.2012 at 15:55
Liked the video, hated the song.
I'd better go listen to some Helevorn

News Swallow The Sun - New Video Online 12 09.11.2007 by BloodTears
News Swallow The Sun - New Song Online 10.5 16.10.2009 by MetalSpider
News Swallow The Sun - New Album Streaming Online 10.5 26.01.2012 by 3rdWorld
News Swallow The Sun - New Album Details Revealed 9 12.06.2009 by Graveheart
News Swallow The Sun - New Album Details 9 09.11.2011 by .:Nataras:.