Swedish progressive metallers Opeth have announced a co-headlining North American tour with Mastodon. Ghost will be their special guests opening all shows. The tour starts on April 4th in Portland, Maine, and will end on May 12th in Atlanta, Georgia.

Mikael Åkerfeldt commented: "We're touring North America together with Mastodon soon. Nice! One of the very few metal bands of today that I genuinely like. Good people too! Ghost are coming with us as well, and they are one of the hottest new bands to come out of Sweden in recent years, and I dig them too. I sound like an old fart, don't I? Well, I am."

Heritage Hunter Tour:

Source: opeth.com
Band profile: Opeth
Event: Opeth + Mastodon: Heritage Hunter Tour

Posted: 31.01.2012 by aerobat97

Comments

Unhealer - 31.01.2012 at 21:02
I hate you Americans It's nice to see that Mastodon and Opeth are sharing the main stage
Apothecary - 31.01.2012 at 21:11
Show Florida some love, damn you!
Edmund Fogg - 31.01.2012 at 21:37
That I wanna see.
afu - 31.01.2012 at 21:38
No AZ show....
Xnoybis - 31.01.2012 at 21:39
Weird. not only no Arizona dates (both have picked the venue in Tucson, let alone much larger Phoenix), no San Diego date either.

as for "hating Americans", save the hate for the Euros and their massive festivals...
psykometal - 31.01.2012 at 21:42
No Dates for Houston, TX either. Wtf?!

Written by Xnoybis on 31.01.2012 at 21:39

Seconded...big time...
BaneConall - 31.01.2012 at 22:09
Finally Opeth are coming to Toronto on a date that I can attend!
Lit. - 01.02.2012 at 00:00
I take back everything I said about Opeth. A tour like this is for me a once in a life time thing.
Mad Architect - 01.02.2012 at 00:02
Written by Xnoybis on 31.01.2012 at 21:39

QFFT! Phoenix has a population of SEVERAL million, probably four times the size of Tucson. I don't understand why no bands ever want to play here! It's not like they have problems selling tickets...

Oh well...enjoy the show guys! I'm gonna make my best effort to make it to Vegas.
Xnoybis - 01.02.2012 at 00:10
Written by Mad Architect on 01.02.2012 at 00:02

Written by Xnoybis on 31.01.2012 at 21:39

not sure what mid-size venues you have there. not sure if MastOpeth could sell out Sky or whatever, but i suppose the Marquee or whatever in Tempe by the fake lake might be big enough.

they each played a packed Rialto down here. Tucson usually is a nice stop point gig between So Cal/Phoenix and Albucrackee continuing on to either Texas or Denver.
Mad Architect - 01.02.2012 at 00:18
The Marquee's capacity is 1,100 people, the Venue of Scottsdale is somewhere around 1,300 (educated guess from when I played there), whatever the Dodge theater is called now is in the 5,000's...there's plenty of venues. I mean, we Arizonan's had to build enough small-mid stages to throw gasoline on the hellfire called deathcore.
Milena - 01.02.2012 at 00:50
I'm probably the only progster in the world who wouldn't wet their panties over this. Though I probably would go. Mikael shows a splendid sense of humor once again by the way
The Galactican - 01.02.2012 at 01:29
I just saw Ghost in Seattle last night. I know they're not for everybody (whereas I myself am a rabid fan), but they totally killed it live. This show is going to be a good'n I suspect.
Cynic Metalhead - 01.02.2012 at 07:10
Yeah! I am up for Mastodon but wait.....Who cares for overrated Opeth?! [Respect]Mikael[/Respect]
LeChron James - 01.02.2012 at 07:30
I wonder how many people are gonna go to the Oakland show. Opeth isn't worth the risk of getting stabbed.
Doc Godin - 01.02.2012 at 09:26
If Opeth won't play any Heritage material on this Heritage tour, then maybe I'll have reason enough to stick around that late. As it stands, I just want to see Ghost.
BloodTears - 01.02.2012 at 10:24
I was lucky enough to see these two tours separately and I must say, I recommend this tour big time
Chobo_jokeR - 03.02.2012 at 00:54
Written by Doc Godin on 01.02.2012 at 09:26

I really hope Opeth play different stuff than the last tour...god, that was disappointing. Either way, Mastodon is who I'm going to see. Ghost will be a bonus.

News Opeth - Announce Tour With In Flames And Red Fang 9 14.08.2014 by Jiri
News Opeth - Announce North American Tour With Katatonia 9 09.01.2013 by Dentura
Events USA, Reno, NV - Opeth + Mastodon: Heritage Hunter Tour 7.5 03.02.2012 by AnnePunchyouinthefac
Events CAN, Calgary, AB - Opeth + Mastodon: Heritage Hunter Tour 7.5 06.05.2012 by Chobo_jokeR
Events USA, Boston, MA - Opeth + Mastodon: Heritage Hunter Tour 7.5 19.03.2012 by sentinel65