British power metallers DragonForce revealed on their official website details about the band's upcoming album. It will be titled The Power Within and will be released in the UK on April 15th via the band's own Electric Generation Recordings, distributed by Essential Music (UK), Roadrunner Records (North America), 3Wise (Australia) and JVC Victor (Japan). The Power Within is their fifth full-length studio album and the first with the new singer Marc Hudson.

There will also be a digital and vinyl version featuring bonus tracks "Cry Thunder" (Live Rehearsal), "Heart Of The Storm" (Alternative Chorus Version) and "Avant La Tempête" (Instrumental), plus an exclusive box set featuring: CD version, access code for bonus material, plus DragonForce flag, DF flashlight/bottle opener and a set of 6 DF beer mats featuring band cartoons by bassist Frédéric Leclercq.

Herman Li commented: "The last two years have been the most fun we ever had making an album. Through writing, jamming and touring together, we have built this incredible energy and it has been fully captured on the new album. This time around we've really brought our metal side to the surface and made some of the best music of our career. From the fastest song we've ever recorded ('Fallen World') to the slower songs, and some things you would never expect from us, this is by far the most diverse DragonForce album yet."

The Power Within tracklist:

Artwork

Source: dragonforce.com
Band profile: DragonForce

Posted: 03.02.2012 by kual21

Comments

Swietowit11 - 03.02.2012 at 13:18
Dammit! I was hoping the next album would be called "So Far Away", or at least contain a song called that.
Angelic Storm - 03.02.2012 at 14:49
Hmm... this talk about slower songs and diversity actually has me quite eager to check out this new album! This one could be interesting...
Andreas - 03.02.2012 at 15:46
Written by Angelic Storm on 03.02.2012 at 14:49

I was thinking the same thing, but it could be PR bullshit of course.
Alex Fenger - 03.02.2012 at 16:28
Written by Swietowit11 on 03.02.2012 at 13:18

im sure they'll say it in a song, at least fifty times
Torgo - 03.02.2012 at 16:36
No hate comments yet!! whoa! cant wait to check out that acoustic track!! should be fun!
Gopherhawk - 03.02.2012 at 17:34
Change of pace here eh? Exciting proposition.
midland_don - 03.02.2012 at 18:40
Honestly, worst album artwork ever!!!
ChampionOfPower - 03.02.2012 at 20:35
VotD and SF were pretty good, but I became bored with the repetitiveness of IR and didn't even bother with UB. I'm intrigued by the comment about their "metal side." And I'll have to hear Fallen World at least once to find out just how fast they're talking about, but the diversity would be a welcome change of pace.
Stabby - 03.02.2012 at 20:54
Oh good, the release date isn't...so far away

*ducks*
Angelic Storm - 03.02.2012 at 23:30
Written by Andreas on 03.02.2012 at 15:46
I was thinking the same thing, but it could be PR bullshit of course.

I almost mentioned the possibility of that in my previous post, but declined from doing so. Of course, it could just be the usual pre-new album release hyperbole, but I'm really hoping it's not. Dragonforce have always seemed to me like hugely wasted potential. There's no doubt there's a lot of talent in that band, but in the past, they've squandered so much of it on OTT-showy theatrics. All flash, and little substance. Hopefully at last, they will put out an album that a band with that amount of talent in it should be releasing.

@Midland_don: No way, the cover of the last album was far worse, and too cheesy even for me to digest!
LeChron James - 04.02.2012 at 00:48
HERMAN RI STRIKES AGAIN. I wonder how this new singer is gonna work out.
Milena - 04.02.2012 at 02:31
Written by Angelic Storm on 03.02.2012 at 23:30

Agreed to this to some extent, though I don't think I'll be listening to this until five different people whom I trust confirm that it is listenable... my ears really hurt from their prev. albums. I remember I checked out the presentation of their new singer, and though the background music/melody was the same old crap, but I really liked his heavy metal scream and general tone of voice. I'm sure the fans of the band will be pleased with the new singer, so that is a positive, as the previous dude had nothing special going on in his singing.
Mountain King - 04.02.2012 at 05:17
As much as i think Power Metal is the best genre, this band makes Power Metal look ridiculous. Let's hope this fact is changed...
M C Vice - 04.02.2012 at 05:26
Written by Angelic Storm on 03.02.2012 at 14:49

Slower by normal standards or slower by Dragonforce standards?
Either way, let the guitar wankery begin!
Kingface - 05.02.2012 at 02:20
One of the songs that Dragonforce have been playing live from this album in their shows with Marc so far (think it's 'Cry Thunder') certainly does sound a bit different if I remember rightly, especially by DF's standards, so you never know, this album might just be different and good enough.

Intrigued to find out either way. Shame the cover looks rubbish, aside from the use of the classic Yellow DF logo.
The Shape 1973 - 05.02.2012 at 13:45
More of the same coming.

Widdle widdle widdle, aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!, widdly widdly, fire flames dragons super mario drunken live shows, extended repetitive widdle widdly widdle, which song were we playing again they are all so similar, something about a warrior...

News Dethklok - New Album Details Revealed 7 21.08.2012 by Lit.
News The Sword - New Album Details Revealed 7 10.09.2012 by yanivush147
News Exciter - New Album Details Revealed 7 14.08.2010 by vezzy
News Between The Buried And Me - New Album Details Revealed 7 08.07.2009 by Elio
News Dream Theater - New Album Details Revealed 7 08.06.2011 by Powerslavex