Canadian progressive metallers Into Eternity have recruited the services of Amanda Kiernan (from The Order Of Chaos) to fill in for Stu Block, who joined Iced Earth, on the band's upcoming tours.

Tim Roth explained the choice: "I had all these guys who told me they could do the songs and hit the notes Stu could. So I had them try out and it was like, 'No way.' Nobody could do it. But Amanda's got this great voice... none of the dudes could hit the notes Stu could, so maybe it makes sense that only a chick can do it. Besides, she already fits in like she's one of the guys."

Amanda Kiernan commented: "At first, I was pretty intimidated. These guys are rock stars to me. There were times when I was sitting around with the guys, and then all of a sudden I'd get this little burst of energy because I reminded myself that I was sitting with Into Eternity. I couldn't pass up on the Into Eternity thing because I could never sit at home and wonder what could have been."

[Thanks to psykome†al™ for the tip!]

Source: leaderpost.com
Band profile: Into Eternity

Posted: 13.02.2012 by BloodTears

Comments

beyondtehdarksun - 13.02.2012 at 14:36
The idea of IE with female vocals makes me VERY curious.
WorpeX - 13.02.2012 at 14:44
I found this story to be hilarious. Just proves how awesome Stu Block is. No man can replace him, so we need a woman!
Milena - 13.02.2012 at 14:51
Written by WorpeX on 13.02.2012 at 14:44

Just what I was thinking His notes are pretty hard to hit even for girls... I mean, sure, I could hit them, but I don't think it would sound very good
Ag Fox - 13.02.2012 at 15:32
Intriguing news
wonder how it would develop haha
strade - 13.02.2012 at 17:40
Very strange choice.
psykometal - 13.02.2012 at 18:26
Written by WorpeX on 13.02.2012 at 14:44

Lol. I thought the same thing when Scar Symmetry had to hire 2 guys to replace Christian. Man that's gotta be a huge ego boost for guys like Stu and Christian to realize how invalueable they are as vocalists. Can't wait to hear how well she does...
Introspekrieg - 13.02.2012 at 20:04
I have a bad feeling about this...
BloodTears - 13.02.2012 at 20:10
Written by Introspekrieg on 13.02.2012 at 20:04

I have a bad feeling about this...

To be honest, I don't know what to think about this. I knew the Stu thing with Iced Earth would be bad...
Milena - 14.02.2012 at 00:19
Written by BloodTears on 13.02.2012 at 20:10

Written by Introspekrieg on 13.02.2012 at 20:04

I have a bad feeling about this...

Well, it's good for Stu's career... who knows what might happen with Into Eternity and how many more good albums are in them, this way he made a little bigger name for himself that might be useful for future projects when Iced Earth retires... if, in the meantime, he quits Into Eternity too.
Skorcher - 14.02.2012 at 00:22
... weird. I wonder if Stu is gonna end up just doing Iced Earth. He seems to enjoy it and now they seem to be touring a lot more then with Matt.
Wyrd - 14.02.2012 at 02:39
Maybe the band needs to take a step back and get Chris Krall back in and have him and Tim take over the vocals just like in the bands most outstanding "Buried in Oblivion". Lets face the truth, ever since Stu came, the music is just not as moving as albums like Buried or even "Dead or Dreaming". Stu quitting is not the end of the world.
Doc Godin - 14.02.2012 at 04:04
Written by Milena on 14.02.2012 at 00:19

if, in the meantime, he quits Into Eternity too.

He's done with Into Eternity. I spoke to him yesterday about it. You'll have to wait for the interview for details though...
Milena - 14.02.2012 at 04:06
Written by Doc Godin on 14.02.2012 at 04:04

I was hoping you wouldn't say that... but oh well, what can you do.
psykometal - 14.02.2012 at 05:00
Written by Doc Godin on 14.02.2012 at 04:04

I knew it. It was pretty obvious when he said in this news announcement that he is willing to help her whenever he is not busy with Iced Earth. Honestly I don't care, Into Eternity's last album was crap, maybe having a new female vocalist will help them and maybe not. I absolutely love Scattering of Ashes and Stu definitely brought an interesting aspect to the band but there was no way he was going to risk losing face with Iced Earth because his other band needs him back.

And Skorcher I'm pretty sure the reason they're touring more than with Matt is because Stu is much more free than Matt; Matt had a lot of family stuff and what not, which was the reason he left Iced Earth again.
Giza - 14.02.2012 at 09:37
Written by Doc Godin on 14.02.2012 at 04:04

Damn that's really sad news... The moment I heard that he was joining Iced Earth I just felt that this is bound to happen sooner or later.
It's just isn't possible to be in two bands and tour at the same time.
BloodTears - 14.02.2012 at 10:37
Written by Doc Godin on 14.02.2012 at 04:04

Written by Milena on 14.02.2012 at 00:19

if, in the meantime, he quits Into Eternity too.

Can't say I'm too surprised with that. To be, joining Iced Earth meant just that.
TrollandDie - 15.02.2012 at 02:48
After several thousand auditions to try and replace Stu Block:

''Into Eternity wil be changing their style from melodic death metal to ''tr00 kvlt Canadian black metal''.

Their first tour will consist of themselves, Deathday 666 and The Blackest of Black Satans''
Purgatori☠ - 15.02.2012 at 08:19
I've heard the new female vocalist. It's not that she's terrible, but I'm not going to like how different I.E. is going to sound with her. They should just rename the band since they're going in such a different direction.
BuriedInOblivion - 28.02.2012 at 08:08
There's footage of Amanda preforming on Youtube and of the songs they play her pitch is off in like the high notes a fair bit. Also Tim is singing really of key a fair bit too.

News Into Eternity - Announce Headlining Shows; Gigantour Off-Dates 7.5 26.08.2006 by Arian Totalis
News Into Eternity - Former Guitarist Rob Doherty Passes Away 6 06.05.2012 by BlindToNegotiate
News Into Eternity - New Album On The Way 6 18.04.2010 by Arian Totalis
News Mourning Beloveth - Touring Europe With Longing For Dawn 4 09.03.2009 by Marcel Hubregtse
News Arch Enemy - Announce Support Bands For European Tour 4 15.09.2012 by neonxaos