"Fukushima", a brand new song from Canadian metallers Into Eternity, is available for streaming at this location.

According to the band: "The track was written about the Fukushima Daiichi, Japan nuclear disaster, a series of equipment failures, nuclear meltdowns, and releases of radioactive materials at the Fukushima I Nuclear Power Plant following the Tohoku earthquake and tsunami on March 11, 2011. The song talks about the struggles involved, and the amazing ability of the Japanese people to overcome such a tragedy."

"Fukushima", which features guest death vocals by Rob Doherty, was engineered, mixed and mastered by Justin Bender at Touchwood Studios in Regina. The artwork for the single was created by Mattias Norén and can be viewed below.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Into Eternity

Posted: 15.02.2012 by White Winter Sun

Comments

Fat & Sassy! - 16.02.2012 at 00:45
What a strange concept. Into Eternity = Current event metal

Song is okay, I guess. Their guitarist's solos are usually so boring, but this one features one of them and nice melodic one... which is kinda cool, I guess.
Alex Fenger - 16.02.2012 at 04:19
It wasn't too good. The solo wasn't good at all in my opinion and the chorus (where he's says Fukushima) was a tad annoying. If i were to rate it it would get something like a 6/10.... they can do better than that.
BuriedInOblivion - 16.02.2012 at 04:33
With the three teaser videos totaling around 4 and a half minutes and the song just being under 6 minutes there isnt a whole lot that I hadn't heard when the song came out. A lot of the stuff is repeated, but I still enjoy it. If I had to rate it It would probably be 7/10
BlueMobius - 16.02.2012 at 04:53
I think this band is better when it sticks to simpler vocal patterns and keeps it's riff more on the melodic instead of progressive side.
strade - 16.02.2012 at 04:58
That song was better than their entire last album put together. The vocals were even more astounding than usual, making it only sadder to see Stu Block leaving this band...

I'm sick of these singles and just wishing that they'll put out an album already to prove that they're still worth giving a damn about.
WorpeX - 16.02.2012 at 05:44
I'm not really a big fan of the song. : / The Death Metal vocalist is awful (IMO, though I loved him in "Buried...") and I agree with LemonsPrettyGood with the Chorus being annoying. Sandstorm was much better.
BuriedInOblivion - 16.02.2012 at 08:58
Written by WorpeX on 16.02.2012 at 05:44

If you're refering to "him" as Stu Block than he didn't sing on Buried.
BloodTears - 16.02.2012 at 10:19
Listening to it a few times and I don't love it.
thewaytonever - 16.02.2012 at 14:02
Written by strade on 16.02.2012 at 04:58

i totally agree its good to see them return to form i wish it wasn't so cluttered but ultimately im just glad to have an into eternity song that has some return to their old sound
BlueMobius - 16.02.2012 at 14:08
Written by BuriedInOblivion on 16.02.2012 at 08:58

Written by WorpeX on 16.02.2012 at 05:44

If you're refering to "him" as Stu Block than he didn't sing on Buried.

Read the news: "Fukushima", which features guest death vocals by Rob Doherty,"
WorpeX - 16.02.2012 at 14:31
Written by BlueMobius on 16.02.2012 at 14:08

Written by BuriedInOblivion on 16.02.2012 at 08:58

Written by WorpeX on 16.02.2012 at 05:44

If you're refering to "him" as Stu Block than he didn't sing on Buried.

Read the news: "Fukushima", which features guest death vocals by Rob Doherty,"

This. I was referring to Rob Doherty.
bodomroy - 17.02.2012 at 14:36
Fuuuuukushimaaaaaaa!!!!!! what a joke!

Scattering of ashes is their best work.........i don´t think they can match it

News Into Eternity - New Song Online 10.5 24.08.2008 by BloodTears
News Into Eternity - New Song Online 10.5 01.07.2008 by Introspekrieg
News Into Eternity - Enters The Studio This Weekend, New Single Version Online 9 29.07.2011 by Gopherhawk
News Into Eternity - New Video Available Online 9 11.12.2008 by BloodTears