"Far Beneath The In-Between", the new video from Japanese avantgarde black metallers Sigh has premiered at Decibel Magazine and can also be viewed below. It was directed and edited by Yossi Darmon. The song comes off the band's upcoming album In Somniphobia, which will be released on March 12th through Candlelight Records. More album details were previously reported here.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Sigh

Posted: 17.02.2012 by beyondtehdarksun

Comments

!J.O.O.E.! - 17.02.2012 at 13:06
That was awesome. Not instantly catchy but has a very similar feel to Hangman's Hymn (minus the thrash aesthetic) and that wasn't instantly catchy either but it became my favourite. Second play through and it all fits very nicely indeed. The last couple of minutes or so are crazy awesome.
7thSlave - 17.02.2012 at 13:14
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 17.02.2012 at 13:06

That was awesome.

Agreed! Excuse me while I add In Somniphobia to my wishlist...
!J.O.O.E.! - 17.02.2012 at 13:14
I don't know how official this is but there's another two songs on Youtube (quality doesn't appear to be as good as this but more new stuff regardless)

@gent_-_orange - 17.02.2012 at 13:52
That was odd, But I like it. Considering getting this album now.
7thSlave - 17.02.2012 at 14:01
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 17.02.2012 at 13:14

Thanks Joe. If the rest of the album is up to the standard of these 3 songs, it's going to be very, very good indeed!
M C Vice - 17.02.2012 at 14:07
Note to self: don't mix mushrooms and amphetamines.
Dark†SymphonY - 17.02.2012 at 14:45
Great new songs and excellent video.
Jiri - 17.02.2012 at 15:58
This vid was available on Youtube since September 7, 2011. How is this fresh news?
!J.O.O.E.! - 17.02.2012 at 16:24
Written by Jiri on 17.02.2012 at 15:58

I don't know why it says that but it certainly hasn't been there since then: hence the 10 comments dating back only two days and the fact it hasn't been mentioned anywhere else.
Paradox0 - 17.02.2012 at 17:58
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 17.02.2012 at 13:06

Hangman's Hymn? It sounds more like the semi-psychedelic work they did from Imaginary Soundscapes IMO. It seems unusually consistently slow for Sigh but I'm sure I'll end up fapping to this like everything Sigh makes.
!J.O.O.E.! - 17.02.2012 at 18:00
Written by Paradox0 on 17.02.2012 at 17:58

I didn't get the same vibe. Imaginary Sonicscape had an emphasis on heavy metal heaviness, whereas this has a thinner sound akin to Hangman's Hymn.
Baz Anderson - 17.02.2012 at 18:39
Wow, that video was great.
Jiri - 17.02.2012 at 21:26
Quote:

Oh yeah, that is very strange. Whatever, good song, good vid
Paradox0 - 17.02.2012 at 23:41
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 17.02.2012 at 18:00

I suppose Hangman's Hymn's guitars where toned a bit thinner but the song structures where pretty structure. Imaginary Soundscape's songs often times felt very unstructured by comparison and even a lil' psychedelic thanks to the floatyness of the songs. To be fair though, this does seem a bit more unstructured than even Imaginary Soundscape. To me Far Between... sounds like a mix Between Scarlet Dream and Nietzschean Conspiracy, witha bit more emphasis on the guitar work.
In the least we can at least all agree that Sigh is once again doing something different from before (as usual) and for that we can all be happy.
PowerThrash - 21.02.2012 at 09:40
Yes this band reminds me so much of Unexpect Which is a good thing.

News Sigh - New Video Online 9 16.01.2010 by Paradox0
News Amberian Dawn - New Video Online, Part Ways With Bassist 5.5 13.05.2013 by BynersA7X
News Kittie - New Video Online 5.5 07.09.2009 by Uirapuru