"Do Not Look Down", another brand new song from Swedish metallers Meshuggah, is available for streaming exclusively at the Nuclear Blast USA Web Shop (Click on any pre-order bundle item to get to the player).

"Do Not Look Down" comes off the band's new album, Koloss, which will be released via Nuclear Blast Records on the following dates:

March 23: Germany

10. The Last Vigil

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Meshuggah

Posted: 17.02.2012 by White Winter Sun

Comments

!J.O.O.E.! - 17.02.2012 at 20:58
Didn't really like this one all that much either. Something about the sound they've adopted just doesn't sit right with me.
Rupert - 17.02.2012 at 22:33
It's hard to say for sure right now, but I think I'm liking their new songs. Kind of going back a few steps (not necessarily in a bad way) to their groovy ways. And it doesn't seem to be as much about the crushing capabilities of their sound anymore, which makes it a little more approachable.
LordFezzington - 17.02.2012 at 23:36
Another relatively slow track - neither of the tracks released so far have any of Meshuggah's usual attention grabbing-ness. In fact there are riffs in both songs with incredibly similar feels/sounds. Oh well, life goes on...
Unhealer - 18.02.2012 at 03:20
Nice track! Better than the last one. Loved the soloing and the "atmospheric" guitars at the end.
pisymbol - 18.02.2012 at 03:33
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 17.02.2012 at 20:58

Totally agree. I don't know, I listened to both new tracks and came back feeling, well, "Meh."
!J.O.O.E.! - 18.02.2012 at 03:36
Written by pisymbol on 18.02.2012 at 03:33

Indeed, it's annoying because I'm not quite sure why I feel so "meh" about the new tracks but that's definitely how I feel.
Rulatore - 18.02.2012 at 03:39
Better than the last one, but nothing outstanding. The t-shirt looks awesome, probably I'll gonna buy one
pisymbol - 18.02.2012 at 04:18
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 18.02.2012 at 03:36

Written by pisymbol on 18.02.2012 at 03:33

I'll go one step further in the hopes of a semi-meaningful conversation...

I'm not sure Meshuggah these days are all that relevant enough to rest on their previous laurels. I thought obZen was overall mediocre with sprinkled genius here and there (if the album could sustain the technical wizardry of the first two tracks, it would have been a modern day classic).

Furthermore, atmospheric djent doesn't sound that riveting to me (I could be wrong).

But so far, I'm very lukewarm. I hope I'm wrong.
FreddeSwede - 18.02.2012 at 09:13
I have to say I liked this song much better than the first one. The first one got stuck in no-mansland so to speak. I'm sure the album will be a killer though.
BloodTears - 18.02.2012 at 10:22
Not too convincing.
theFIST - 18.02.2012 at 18:19
Written by pisymbol on 18.02.2012 at 04:18

Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 18.02.2012 at 03:36

Written by pisymbol on 18.02.2012 at 03:33

I'll go one step further in the hopes of a semi-meaningful conversation...

But so far, I'm very lukewarm. I hope I'm wrong.

i liked the fast songs on obzen, and at least those were a departure from djent compared to the previous albums

but those koloss songs are simply bad. yes, vildhjarta"s masstaden wasn"t as good as their earlier omnislash which doesn"t interest me much either, but it"s still much more interesting than those koloss songs
also devolved"s oblivion wasn"t as good as their previous calculated, but at least with their sound change they failed on their own, unlike meshuggah, who, after having invented their own style seem to now try to perfectly fit into the genre their followers created but without major additions to make it interesting
psykometal - 18.02.2012 at 18:28
Yea this track is better than the firsttrack but still kinda meh and boring-ish. It does kind of remind of Nothing material, and I liked Nothing but that doesn't mean I want Nothing: Part 2. I'll just have to wait and see, maybe these are just the filler tracks? One can only hope...
Slyfang - 18.02.2012 at 18:40
Both the new songs, for me, sound like continuations of the ObZen midpacers, This Spiteful Snake and Lethargica in particular. I hope they have some more experimental, speedy and trippy songs saved for us
Valaskjalf - 18.02.2012 at 19:59
Yeah these two new songs really dont get me excited for the new album....very boring material to the point where i didnt even really finish listening to either of them. They need to pick up some of the pace again, eversince "Nothing" theyve been experimenting with these slow/mid paced songs and its run its course. If not that, at least some variety...
SamuelSanchezAlvarez - 18.02.2012 at 21:21
I liked this song
Cynic Metalhead - 18.02.2012 at 21:46
I was never into this band/ nor it was something to fucking check it out instantly if anyone pops me in about it. DJJJJEEENNNNTT tag something always reminded me off this band but honestly.....NOTHING SUCH AS AN AWESOME ELEMENT in this stuff. Anyways, 1st and 2nd song..Meh. Boring. Meh. Boring. As usual as they were.
Rupert - 19.02.2012 at 03:31
Written by theFIST on 18.02.2012 at 18:19

I've got to completely disagree with this statement. Djent bands incorporate certain elements of Meshuggah's style mixed in with other styles (prog, atmospheric, whatevercore). Meshuggah's still pretty much just being Meshuggah.
ChibiDemigod - 19.02.2012 at 09:54
I prefer this than last one.

News Meshuggah - New Song Online 9.5 20.03.2012 by !J.O.O.E.!
News Intronaut - Another New Song Streaming Online 7 16.02.2013 by Candlemass