The first names of this year's Sonisphere festival in the UK have been announced. The headliners will be Kiss (only European performance in 2012), Queen, who performs their set with Adam Lambert on vocals, and Faith No More.

Other acts confirmed so far are: Within Temptation, Wolfmother, Evanescence, Tim Minchin, The Darkness, Flogging Molly, Lacuna Coil, Fields Of The Nephilim, Gojira, Katatonia, Ghost, Incubus, Refused, Marilyn Manson, Mastodon, Cypress Hill, The Blackout, Andrew WK, Switchfoot and I Killed The Prom Queen.

The fourth edition of the Sonisphere UK festival takes place in Knebworth, UK, from July 6-8. Tickets will be available at this location at 9am on February 23rd. For more information about the festival, visit http://sonisphere.co.uk.

Source: sonisphere.co.uk
Event:

Posted: 21.02.2012 by ArgoP

Comments

Valentin B - 21.02.2012 at 13:59
Those headlining acts are amazing. I would love to go to this but the ticket price will probably be obscene.
Marcel Hubregtse - 21.02.2012 at 14:13
Written by Valentin B on 21.02.2012 at 13:59

for Kiss, Queen and Faith No More? Kiss might have a fun show but lmusically they are terrible live, Queen is just a cover band nowadays in the vein of current Thin Lizzy. Only Faith No More could be any good here
Cynic Metalhead - 21.02.2012 at 14:22
Pathetic line up. Who are up? Queen with gay beef on lead..then Faith no More Switchfoot....Lacuna Coil.....really? really?.......really?!

Should have been better. May be wait for updates.
Valentin B - 21.02.2012 at 14:31
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 21.02.2012 at 14:13

Written by Valentin B on 21.02.2012 at 13:59

Here we go again.. KISS have the best show of any rock band out there (aside from maybe Rammstein) and I even like how they sound (though I gotta agree Paul's voice is kinda lame).

As for the other two, I don't think I need to explain, I always wanted to see "Queen + " (with Lambert on vocals is an added bonus), and don't you take it away, because you don't know, what they mean to me. :p
DelightfulJim - 21.02.2012 at 14:40
I'd give it a D+, Pleased with Faith No More, Gojira, Mastodon, Wolfmother and Refused but Manson and The Darkness and Kiss are woeful choices in my opinion.

It still has potential to improve, I think.

Also tickets will be like £200
Marcel Hubregtse - 21.02.2012 at 14:45
Written by Valentin B on 21.02.2012 at 14:31

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 21.02.2012 at 14:13

Written by Valentin B on 21.02.2012 at 13:59

Paul's voice is infinitely better than Gene's even though Paul also sound terrible live. And they are even sloppier live than sloppy black metal bands. if you have seen their show once that's more than enough. hell, Kiss got me into metal and I couldn't stand more than half an hour of them live. What also doesn't help is that their current guitar player isn't half the guitar player Ace Frehley is.
Rulatore - 21.02.2012 at 14:50
The other countries have better line-ups
Hughes - 21.02.2012 at 20:44
Queen cant go any lower than that i mean i just checked Adam Lambert in Youtube is he the same one ? if he is then fuck this shit im leaving this planet lol
Anastasia - 21.02.2012 at 21:31
Hope this gets some updates. I'd really like to go to UK, but some bigger names should be included. I mean Queen is great, but Adam Lambert... and you can see WT and Evanescence on cheaper festivals and concerts too...
Chidder - 21.02.2012 at 21:43
Queen should play more shows in Europe. Even with Lambert For me it is a great line-up
DelightfulJim - 22.02.2012 at 02:40
Written by Anastasia on 21.02.2012 at 21:31

There will be loads more bands than just this, don't worry.
Anastasia - 22.02.2012 at 13:57
Written by DelightfulJim on 22.02.2012 at 02:40

Written by Anastasia on 21.02.2012 at 21:31

There will be loads more bands than just this, don't worry.

Olli - 22.02.2012 at 14:14
Glad I bought a Download ticket now, I like faith no more and masotdon but that's about it. Oh and Tim Minchin is an awesome comedian but I'd rather see stand up comedy indoors.

Just remembered I Killed The Prom Queen, possibly one of the worst bands I've ever heard..
Milena - 22.02.2012 at 15:53
Written by Anastasia on 21.02.2012 at 21:31

I mean Queen is great, but Adam Lambert...

Well let's just say Brian May's taste in modern music isn't all that good and leave it there I saw Queen with Paul Rodgers and it was one of the more emotional nights of my life, but I wouldn't wanna see them with Lambert.
Hughes - 22.02.2012 at 16:28
Written by Milena on 22.02.2012 at 15:53

Written by Anastasia on 21.02.2012 at 21:31

I mean Queen is great, but Adam Lambert...

Well even with paul rodgers they shouldnt be playing as Queen imo but way better than with Adam lambert still >.< They are so many more good singers that could fit the band right now like Jasper Steverlinck for example. Anyways still waiting to see the Greek Sonispheres bands
Milena - 22.02.2012 at 16:47
Written by Hughes on 22.02.2012 at 16:28

Well even with paul rodgers they shouldnt be playing as Queen imo

Well, they didn't play as "Queen", but as "Queen + Paul Rodgers" I'm sometimes amused by fellow Queen fans, when they first wish for tours so Brian and Roger can keep the legacy of Queen alive, and then argue how it's disrespecting Freddie when B & R actually go out on tour under the name of Queen For me, seeing them was a childhood dream come true, really, and it definitely felt like "real" Queen that night, no matter who was on the mic. For someone born after Freddie's death, it was the closest I could get and I respect them for giving me that opportunity.
Hughes - 22.02.2012 at 23:07
Written by Milena on 22.02.2012 at 16:47

Never Said that the tour was bad with Paul Rodgers and the opportunity to see em was really great idd! And i guess the name thing is mostly personal opinion so lets just leave it there! Great taste in music though MoraWintersoul still !

News Sonisphere Festival - First Names Announced 7.5 28.01.2012 by LeChron James
News Dutch Doom Days - First Names For 2010 Announced 6 20.05.2010 by Marcel Hubregtse
News Graspop Metal Meeting 2010 - First Names Announced 6 23.11.2009 by The Shape 1973
News Dutch Doom Days 2009 - First Five Names Announced 6 27.08.2009 by Marcel Hubregtse
News ProgPower USA 2011 - First Names Announced 6 15.09.2010 by Introspekrieg