Eternal Turn Of The Wheel, the new album from Ukrainian black metallers Drudkh is currently streaming entirely at this location and will be available during one week. The album will hit stores this Friday, February 24th (March 13th in North America), via Season Of Mist. More album details were previously reported here.

Source: season-of-mist.com
Band profile: Drudkh

Posted: 22.02.2012 by pisymbol

Comments

Slayer666 - 22.02.2012 at 19:49
Fucking boss, listening to it ASAP.
Unhealer - 22.02.2012 at 19:57
Looks like the correct opportunity to check out this band...
@gent_-_orange - 22.02.2012 at 20:05
Written by Unhealer on 22.02.2012 at 19:57

Looks like the correct opportunity to check out this band...

This sounds like good album from what i'm hearing, But if your new to this band check out Autumn Aurora first, Its by miles there best record.
Unhealer - 22.02.2012 at 20:27
Written by @gent_-_orange on 22.02.2012 at 20:05

Well, that streaming is not working for me so I will do that Thanks
@gent_-_orange - 22.02.2012 at 20:38
Written by Unhealer on 22.02.2012 at 20:27

Well, that streaming is not working for me so I will do that Thanks

Same here actually, just stopped through the third song and will not work any more. I liked what I heard though, But those earlier albums are better.
Daniell - 22.02.2012 at 23:30
A return to their old sound, but a calculated one, so the music can't be on a par with their old classics. Still, I immensely enjoyed what I heard.
Array - 22.02.2012 at 23:59
Happy with this one. It could have been about 20 minutes longer, but well, good stuff anyway.
!J.O.O.E.! - 23.02.2012 at 00:07
Colour-by-numbers black metal that offers about as many surprises as sex with your wife on your Golden Anniversary does. Should be swept under the carpet along with most other bands of this style. Certainly not worthy of carrying that album title, as if it lives up to the greatness of Forgotten Legends. If they sorted out that horrible guitar tone it might be a listenable album however.
Verdun_sc - 23.02.2012 at 00:17
Written by @gent_-_orange on 22.02.2012 at 20:05

Nope. Blood in Our Wells. Hell, I even like Microcosmos more, actually.

Regardless, I actually liked the album. Way, way better than Estrangement, and obviously destroys Handful of Stars. Despite whatever issues I have with it, I still enjoyed it enough to rank it just after Micro/BiOW/AA, in the tier with FL/Swan Road.
Pazdzioch - 23.02.2012 at 00:28
A very average album.
Korah - 23.02.2012 at 00:42
Oh crap!
₣rost Giant - 23.02.2012 at 00:48
Blood in Our Wells is by far their best work, this is average at best...
BoxCar Willy - 23.02.2012 at 03:48
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 23.02.2012 at 00:07

I take it your not a fan of Drudkh?

Rulatore - 23.02.2012 at 04:19
Seems ok to me
The Turbanator - 23.02.2012 at 08:18
Nothing beats their Forgotten Legends album. That is one of the best BM record I've heard.

Also, are that them in the pic? I'm sure I read in a few places that they will never reveal themselves and all pics of them are fake.
Apatheria - 23.02.2012 at 09:03
Halfway through and I'm enjoying this. So far track 4 is the best on the record, but the formula is mostly the same track to track. The good news is that Drudkh's sound is still majestic and the atmosphere is very much intact. This will probably be one of the better records of the year.
Daniell - 23.02.2012 at 10:42
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 23.02.2012 at 00:07

If you love your wife, the sex is still good.
-DC-002- - 23.02.2012 at 11:50
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 23.02.2012 at 00:07

Whaaaat!? you are hating, mang. This is Drudkh using their old sound how they used their old sound. Their production has always varied album to album, let them do what they do. This sounds like another completely listenable album from them. Album title aside, because it's not as good as Forgotten Legends, this album is absurdly comparable to, Microcosmos.
!J.O.O.E.! - 23.02.2012 at 12:59
Written by Daniell on 23.02.2012 at 10:42

If you love your wife, the sex is still good.

Yes, in fantasy-perfect-la-la-land.
!J.O.O.E.! - 23.02.2012 at 13:01
Written by -DC-002- on 23.02.2012 at 11:50

The only thing this can be compared to is Swan Road, which was the first disappointment in the Drudkh discography. Microcosmos was their last solid and enjoyable affair for me and had a much more balanced sound as opposed to the unnecessarily fuzzy and overbearing tone on offer here. It sounds thin, fake and sterile.
Urs Blank - 23.02.2012 at 13:35
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 23.02.2012 at 13:01

The only thing this can be compared to is Swan Road, which was the first disappointment in the Drudkh discography. Microcosmos was their last solid and enjoyable affair for me.

Indeed.

I hope this one will eventually grow on me but after 5-6 listens I dare say it's their worst release to date. Not pure crap but once again a major disappointment. I guess I just cease to have high expectations for this band. Each new album is a huge step down compared to their "golden age", i.e. from Forgotten Legends to Microcosmos.
Oaken - 23.02.2012 at 17:37
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 23.02.2012 at 00:07

Exactly my thoughts. After two very focused listens, I can say it's a good album, but still nowhere as near as good as their first four. Nice atmosphere, but I agree about the bad guitar tone.
Written by Unhealer on 22.02.2012 at 19:57

Looks like the correct opportunity to check out this band...

Don't start with Eternal. Start with Autumn Aurora. I think it's one of the easiest-to-get-into black metal albums ever created.
Written by Verdun_sc on 23.02.2012 at 00:17

Nope. Blood in Our Wells. Hell, I even like Microcosmos more, actually.

BioW might be their best, but AA is certainly their easiest to get into.
Written by -DC-002- on 23.02.2012 at 11:50

It's listenable, but like JOOH said, the guitar is very, very horribly fuzzy. Even fuzzier than on Forgotten Legends, their rawest album.
Verdun_sc - 23.02.2012 at 17:39
Written by Urs Blank on 23.02.2012 at 13:35
Indeed.

How in the hell is this worse than Handful of Stars? Or Estrangement? Those two were both absolutely awful. At least this by any respect is back to how they used to sound, which may sound tired to some, or average or whatever, but really...
Marcel Hubregtse - 23.02.2012 at 17:41
Written by Verdun_sc on 23.02.2012 at 17:39

Written by Urs Blank on 23.02.2012 at 13:35
Indeed.

well I quite enjoyed Entrangement but did fin Microcosmos quite aweful and totally directionless and unfocussed and way too clean sounding. Handful Of Stars I enjoyed at first but now find horrible, just as Swan Road
Mr. Doctor - 23.02.2012 at 18:06
Written by Verdun_sc on 23.02.2012 at 17:39

Disagree, I find Estrangement to be far closer to their older sound than this album and like Marcel, I enjoyed quite a bit too. From what I'm listening do far, this is okayish and like Joe... There's something about the guitars I find very odd to say the least. Don't really like the vocals either.

Written by BoxCar Willy on 23.02.2012 at 03:48

Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 23.02.2012 at 00:07

I take it your not a fan of Drudkh?

What makes you say that? Just because he doesn't like a 3 of their albums?
Oaken - 23.02.2012 at 18:37
Written by Mr. Doctor on 23.02.2012 at 18:06

Don't really like the vocals either.

I think they're not raspy enough.
Slayer666 - 23.02.2012 at 19:33
Color-by-numbers it is indeed, but done well enough for me not care about that.

Nice job, Drudkh, definitively better than Estrangement at the very least.
Oaken - 23.02.2012 at 19:38
Written by Slayer666 on 23.02.2012 at 19:33

Color-by-numbers it is indeed, but done well enough for me not care about that.

Nice job, Drudkh, definitively better than Estrangement at the very least.

Can you tell me what's wrong with Estrangement? I've listened to Eternal and the first four albums so I'd like to know more about Estrangement before I listen to it.
Slayer666 - 23.02.2012 at 19:43
Written by Oaken on 23.02.2012 at 19:38

Well, nothing, really. It's a good album, but Drudkh's weakest (other than Songs of Grief and Solitude, but that doesn't count) if you ask me. Almost everyone disagrees with me on that one, though.
Mr. Doctor - 23.02.2012 at 19:46
Written by Oaken on 23.02.2012 at 19:38

I personally don't find anything so wrong about it like some people do. It's just a solid but lesser version of their old stuff.
It's just this typical case of "If this was a release by a new band, it would have been really good but because it's Drudkh it's bad". Of their recent works, I find Estrangement one of the better ones... MUCH better than this album and Handful Of Stars.
Oaken - 23.02.2012 at 19:53
Written by Mr. Doctor on 23.02.2012 at 19:46

Written by Oaken on 23.02.2012 at 19:38

MUCH better than this album

Probably. I've only listened to "Only The Wind Remembers My Name" from Estrangement and it's quite good.
Written by Slayer666 on 23.02.2012 at 19:43

Written by Oaken on 23.02.2012 at 19:38

Thanks for the info.
Mr. Doctor - 23.02.2012 at 20:06
Written by Oaken on 23.02.2012 at 19:53

Written by Mr. Doctor on 23.02.2012 at 19:46

Written by Oaken on 23.02.2012 at 19:38

MUCH better than this album

"Where Horizons End" is my favorite song from that album. I understand if some people don't dig the solo but I really liked it and found the overall feeling of the song quite epic.
Oaken - 23.02.2012 at 22:50
Quote:
Written by Mr. Doctor on 23.02.2012 at 20:06

I dug the solo on "Only The Wind Remembers My Name". Sounds Pink Floyd-ish, and that's good.
Verdun_sc - 24.02.2012 at 07:27
Written by Oaken on 23.02.2012 at 19:38

To me? The songs just drag, and the guitar tone is weird. And the drums are awful; many times it's almost like they're out of time. And the solos, while they should be good, are buried so far under everything else I can't actually tell.

Oh, and Only the Wind Remembers My Name is by far the best thing on that album.
-DC-002- - 25.02.2012 at 08:00
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 23.02.2012 at 13:01

Written by -DC-002- on 23.02.2012 at 11:50

I liked Swan Road, It really grew on me.. The production is very much similar to, Microcosmos, but instead of the drums being weird and thin like they were on, Microcosmos the guitars are the weak spot this time. the whole tone of the guitars is agreeably watered down and fuzzy, but they are there more to hold the atmosphere on ETotW. I think the album works well for the formula, Drudkh seems to use. I've always been mostly satisfied with the drumwork they put to their albums so the guitars here are not that much of a bother to me.

News Mourning Beloveth - New Album Samples Streaming Online 7 16.01.2013 by Draugen
News Serpentine Path - New Album Streaming Online 7 10.09.2012 by Bad English
News In Mourning - Entire New Album Streaming Online 7 12.04.2012 by BloodTears
News As I Lay Dying - New Album Streaming Online, Concert Live Stream Today 7 25.09.2012 by .Halpin.
News Anubis Gate - Entire New Album Streaming Online 7 11.09.2011 by MetalSpider

Hits total: 1941 | This month: 15