Intersections, the new album of re-recorded songs from German prog thrashers Mekong Delta has been penned for an April 20th (Germany), April 23rd (rest of Europe) and an early May (US & Canada) release via SPV/Steamhammer. The album is almost done and is in the final mixing stages. The band also posted a video of the guitar recordings for the song "Transgressor", which will appear on the new album.

Intersections tracklist:

01. Prophecy (from The Music Of Erich Zann)
02. The Cure (from Mekong Delta)
03. Memories Of Tomorrow (from The Music Of Erich Zann)
04. Heroes Grief (from Mekong Delta)
05. Shades Of Doom (from The Principles Of Doubt)
06. The Healer (from Visions Fugitives)
07. Transgressor (from Dances Of Death (And Other Walking Shadows))
08. Sphere Eclipse (from Kaleidoscope)
09. Heartbeat (from Kaleidoscope)
10. Innocent? (from Kaleidoscope)

[Also thanks to Cynic Metalhead for sending in this news!]

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Mekong Delta

Posted: 25.02.2012 by BudDa

Comments

K†ulu - 25.02.2012 at 14:55
I could never really get into the early Mekong Delta. This reminds me to go back and check those out again, but these re-recorded versions might sound different, so this is something to listen to.
qlacs - 25.02.2012 at 15:15
Cover is totally made like for the Dances Of Death! For me I've always liked MD, but i've to admit sometimes they are too much artistic for me.
Truemetaljope - 25.02.2012 at 16:21
Rather re-release those albums
strade - 25.02.2012 at 23:03
YES. Cover = fucking win.
Maldoror - 26.02.2012 at 14:32
I don't understand why they are re-recording their old songs. I think the original versions are perfect (well, the sound is a bit outdated of course). This band is so underrated, it's sad that great albums like Kaleidoscope and Visions Fugitives don't have enough votes to get into the chart of the best 100 thrash albums.
Darkside Momo - 26.02.2012 at 14:43
Written by Guest on 26.02.2012 at 14:32

Agreed. A complete remixing/remastering could be useful, but that's about it

News Mekong Delta - New Album Details 10.5 01.03.2014 by Darkside Momo
News Soziedad Alkoholika - New Album Details Unveiled, New Song Online 7 21.10.2011 by Vikcen
News A Forest Of Stars - New Album Details Unveiled 7 17.12.2014 by Zaphod