Finnish symphonic metallers Nightwish have announced the release of a Tour Edition of the band's new album Imaginaerum on April 13th. This special edition will contain two CDs and one DVD in a slipcase digibook. Additionally, there will be a 2LP release of the orchestral version on black or crystal vinyl in a gatefold. This orchestral version is new and not the instrumental mix found on the initial Imaginaerum 2CD releases.

Imaginaerum Tour Edition tracklist:

+ Storytime [video]

Source: nightwish.com
Band profile: Nightwish

Posted: 28.02.2012 by Flower Metal

Comments

The Shape 1973 - 28.02.2012 at 23:49
Another fucking money grab con. It really pisses me off when bands do this. As a fan I normally buy the album on pre order so that I have it on release day. Then they go and bring out the better version months later. Do they think I will buy it again. They can fuck right off.

I'm buying Xandria's new one. Its a return to what Nightwish used to be before Tuomas disappeared up his own arse.

....and yes, before it comes up again, one of her boobs is lower than the other one, sorry.
Kalmari - 29.02.2012 at 00:05
^Totally agreed. What a middlefinger to all fans who bought the album just a few months ago with a full price.
Azarath - 29.02.2012 at 00:18
Back when the album was released I was wondering when the orchestral versions would start surfacing. Of course there was going to be a special edition; they do that every time. The DVD really should have been included the first time around.

Oh well, we'll probably get another 2CD edition in a couple of months, this time with the complete album in demo form.
Unhealer - 29.02.2012 at 00:27
Then, a couple of months later... Imaginaerum "Movie Edition".
Triple cd and double dvd.

Written by The Shape 1973 on 28.02.2012 at 23:49

Another fucking money grab con. It really pisses me off when bands do this.

It's the record label, have that in mind.
Dark Blood - 29.02.2012 at 00:52
Since I never pre-order audio cds it doesn't matter to me. I always buy it after they figure out all the versions the label wants to release.

The orchestral version seems interesting, maybe I'll grab this one. But what I really want to know is the release date for the movie.
Soviet - 29.02.2012 at 07:07
Money grab, money grab, money... seriously, fuck right off. Tired of people saying that. Bands release stuff like that for their fans.
Jack--- - 29.02.2012 at 10:29
I dont see why people are so surprised, Nuclear Blast do this all the time, and have always done this.. but then again I dont see a problem with this xD
M C Vice - 29.02.2012 at 10:46
On the orchestral version, if it's like that of Dark PAssion Play (no vocals), will the last 2 minutes of Song Of Myself be silence?
Dargor - 29.02.2012 at 15:51
I don't own the album yet but I've listened to it a couple of times and a love it. So I will probably get this version since I really like orchestral stuff.
The Shape 1973 - 29.02.2012 at 21:12
Written by Soviet on 29.02.2012 at 07:07

If they released it for their fans they would bring it out on the first day, not after all the fans have already bought it. If people are rich/stupid enough to buy both copies then knock yourself out. Its no wonder people illegally download albums. The record companies have no respect, there is a global recession going on, people can't afford it.
LeDiable - 29.02.2012 at 22:26
I don't have the original album yet, I have the illegal album hahaha

Nuclear Blast want more money, but that is their work I think, and many new bands can make new albums, new videos etc.. with the nuclear blast's money, sorry but any label can survive just of the underground metal.
and we can be honest ALL this collector songs and dvd will be on internet for free, so.. Don't make a drama.
is just a collector edition, anyone is forced to buy it so please no more dramas

I like imaginaerum a lot, and I never was a nw's fan but I am waiting for the movie-dvd-soundtrack

I am a death metal fan but what the hell nightwish sounds good
Ernis - 29.02.2012 at 22:49
Cashgrab.

However, I wouldn't blame it on the band. If you work in the music industry, you're going to do what the label tells you to do if you wish to maintain your position. It shouldn't be a surprise that often artists are pressed to release material they wouldn't even like to release (or the other way around, they are not allowed to release the material when they want to do it)... all because the label has the upper hand.

Therefore, to all those people who bash the musicians, don't do it. It's hard to be in that business...
Milena - 01.03.2012 at 00:42
If you can't afford it, don't buy it since you already have your originals, simple as that and this is Nuclear Blast for you... hate that label.
mariano - 01.03.2012 at 18:13
Written by The Shape 1973 on 28.02.2012 at 23:49

You're goddamn right,
now that Xandria released that master piece we don't need to keep wasting our time waiting for Nightwish to release a decent album anymore.

The good symphonic metal days are back with Xandria and her talented front woman.
SymphAlchemist - 04.03.2012 at 16:03
Written by mariano on 01.03.2012 at 18:13

Written by The Shape 1973 on 28.02.2012 at 23:49

You're goddamn right,

I only listened to Valentine. Xandria fucking copied Once times' Nightwish in it. But we have to admit that it's awesome! We miss that, at least I do. If Tuomas hears this album, I bet he'll want to call Tarja back.

and Tour Edition for me is seeing them live.

News Nightwish - Wacken Show To Be Filmed For DVD Release 6 30.07.2013 by Array
Events SLO, Ljubljana - Nightwish: Imaginaerum European Tour 2012 4.5 02.05.2012 by Abattoir
Events USA, Denver - Nightwish: Imaginaerum North American Tour 2012 4.5 29.09.2012 by Ellrohir
Events CZE, Prague - Nightwish: Imaginaerum European Tour 2012 4.5 31.12.2011 by jmm
Events AUS, Sydney - Nightwish: Imaginaerum Tour 2013 4.5 05.10.2012 by Evican